Clean your "hitboxes"

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Mordrem Teragriff (LS boss)- why am i being hit with the rampage / lunge when im clearly out of the way, where his physical model is far from my character. Same issue with the trail

I understand you dont use a hitbox system thus the quotation marks, but seriously some little testing and clean that kitten aoe to reflect the physical model or at least close, it;s not hard to do at all.

Seriously, do a little testing it only takes a few minutes.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They use hitboxes, just like every other game. The complexity of the hitbox is the only thing that really changes. For example, the hitbox of a basic character is a simple rectangle. In a shooter however, the hitbox is composed of several rectangles, one for the head, chest, arms, etc.

The Teragriff has long claws sticking out from its sides.

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Bread.7516

They use hitboxes, just like every other game. The complexity of the hitbox is the only thing that really changes. For example, the hitbox of a basic character is a simple rectangle. In a shooter however, the hitbox is composed of several rectangles, one for the head, chest, arms, etc.

The Teragriff has long claws sticking out from its sides.

Yes the complexity of the model collision is what I am pointing at on hitboxes.

For attacks they use simple shapes as aoes rather than have proper collision attached on the models itself to activate/deactivate. That’s fine, I’m not expecting dark souls level of detail as I seriously doubt they can even do it.

His rampage/lunge extends way beyond his wings and claws. Just saying, there’s no excuse as to not properly test and adjust the considerable phantom range as it is an easy task.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

They are using the Colocal character model for the Teragriffs (as pointed out in yesterday’s POI episode), but unlike the Colocal queen in Dry Top, which has an orange “danger path” when it charges, the Teragriffs have nothing to indicate their charging path. The same applies to the vine path they shoot out, which is a visually thin red line, although it has a much wider hit box.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I’m more annoyed that they have several seconds of invulnerability (not invulnerability, but all attacks do no damage – there is no “Miss” or “Invulnerable” or any feedback in the combat log, attacks just… disappear) during and after their charging attack. I’ll see them stop, turn around to claw normally at a target, and waste a rapid fire on them because there is absolutely no visual indicator that they’re still not accepting damage.

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The trail their charge leaves blocks projectiles.

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

That clears up so much, much appreciated.

Still wish there was a “Blocked” feedback.

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Bread.7516

They are using the Colocal character model for the Teragriffs (as pointed out in yesterday’s POI episode), but unlike the Colocal queen in Dry Top, which has an orange “danger path” when it charges, the Teragriffs have nothing to indicate their charging path. The same applies to the vine path they shoot out, which is a visually thin red line, although it has a much wider hit box.

dat copy paste again. Well I shouldn’t be surprised….

lol anyway I do prefer no orange indicators if the game can competently match the aoe and the creature’s model,at least to a level where the phantom range is not absurd.

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I would have never noticed that. I would say the trail they leave needs a complete visual overhaul. It doesn’t convey damage or mechanics properly. It damages you when you are clearly 7-8 feet away, its really short and small and in no way looks like something that would block projectiles. It makes no sense whatsoever.

What’s really sad is this is not even that hard to fix. You can’t tell me it is. I know how to scale up a polygon plane in Maya…

Clean your "hitboxes"

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So THAT’S why my ranged shots at Teragriffs sometimes seem to do nothing. Good to know.