commanders farming instead of doing event

in Living World

Posted by: UserError.7150

UserError.7150

Recently their has been loads of commanders just farming the pirates instead of actually completing the event, making it quite difficult to work on living story and achievements for them. Even after they have been asked to stop farming and actually participating so we can clear the event, they just give the rest of us kitten. On top of that, they DO NOT tell anyone following them that they r just farming, and not completing he event.

Something does need to be done about this, or when you plan out these huge meta’s, this needs to be taking into consideration

in Living World

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

…you know, I’ve tried to summarize this a few times. I’m going to try…one more time.

If I’m reading this right, you’re asking for action to be taken against players who:

• Have Commander tags
  • Are choosing to farm rather than finish the event
  • Get snippy when people tell them to stop farming and finish the event
  • Aren’t telling people following them that they’re only farming
    because:
  • It’s hard to get Living Story completed and/or related Achievements
  • People are following them around without knowing they’re only farming
  • And they give you kitten when you ask them to participate so the event can be cleared
    despite:
  • They choose to play the game how they choose to play the game
  • Presumably, nobody asked if they were farming, or they’d say so
  • They may well have thought the people following them were trying to farm, too
  • Commanders tend to be foci for zergs, so they’re probably used to people following them
  • Somebody just told them to stop doing what they wanted, and to do what the other person wanted, probably not very courteously.

Do you realize just how nonsensical that is? I don’t even have a commander tag, but this is basically going “How dare Forrest Gump not tell the people following him unprompted that he’s just running for no reason when there’s a Run For [Cause] in town!”

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The event isn’t fun enough to play it to win. Farming seems to be the next best reason to play (for many many players). And, as I understand it, most of the Achievements do not require you to win the event.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The event isn’t fun enough to play it to win. Farming seems to be the next best reason to play (for many many players). And, as I understand it, most of the Achievements do not require you to win the event.

Only 1 event requires winning. Plus, I’ve not seen commanders farming. They seem to leave when the event is over like everyone else. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Honestly, after the first win of the day, the difference between winning and losing is small.

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Huh. Another one of these threads. Yes, how dare them. They are so evil, wanting to play the game in a way that is not the one that you want them to play and using the tag they paid 100g for to make some profit. Off with their heads!

As people said already, only one achievement requires winning. If you still need this achievement, don’t worry. Eventually, you will get in an easy map or in an overflow where most players are trying to complete the event and you will get it (well, unless it takes you too long to get to Scarlet and the other players end up killing her before you arrive).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

Huh. Another one of these threads. Yes, how dare them. They are so evil, wanting to play the game in a way that is not the one that you want them to play and using the tag they paid 100g for to make some profit. Off with their heads!

As people said already, only one achievement requires winning. If you still need this achievement, don’t worry. Eventually, you will get in an easy map or in an overflow where most players are trying to complete the event and you will get it (well, unless it takes you too long to get to Scarlet and the other players end up killing her before you arrive).

They seem to have fixed the issue of Scarlet dying to quickly. There’s no excuse to not get there in time.

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

They seem to have fixed the issue of Scarlet dying to quickly. There’s no excuse to not get there in time.

Gladly, yes. Unless the person refuses to use waypoints, but then it is their own fault. She takes about 2 minutes to die, I think, but of course it depends on the players (number of players, number of zerkers, might stacks, this kind of stuff).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

so if he, the commander, tell everyone that he is farming champions, and tell everyone that anyone who is against farming should stay away from his tag, and call out that only those who want to farm champs should stay with his tag, would that be ok with you?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Its been over a week, the events are no longer relevant for most people to ‘complete’ so its primary focus is farming until next update, its dull and boring but thats what happens when the game focuses to heavily on gold and not skill.

For the casual gamers who are still not done? Oh well, its easier to do the LS on patch day and forget about it the other 13 days.

in Living World

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Commander tag has no place in pve, period. This is why i think commander tags should be earned with wvw leveling and progressing instead flat out 100g. Every cofp1 freak can buy commander tag, many did for sake of ego boost, while not even stepping into wvw.

Now same people are using those tags to rally farm zergs, which i doubt was intended purpouse of commander tag. Any pve coordination (like there is need for coordination in pve lol) can be done with use of chat, ,it is bad enough that there is zillion lousy commanders running in wvw with their tags undeserved, now there is bunch of them in pve too. This needs to be changed!

in Living World

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Commander tag has no place in pve, period. This is why i think commander tags should be earned with wvw leveling and progressing instead flat out 100g. Every cofp1 freak can buy commander tag, many did for sake of ego boost, while not even stepping into wvw.

Now same people are using those tags to rally farm zergs, which i doubt was intended purpouse of commander tag. Any pve coordination (like there is need for coordination in pve lol) can be done with use of chat, ,it is bad enough that there is zillion lousy commanders running in wvw with their tags undeserved, now there is bunch of them in pve too. This needs to be changed!

This guy sums up how I see commander tags, totally pointless in PVE, and what do they mean anyway, you can just buy them, in fact I could by a commander tag.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Living World

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

The thing is just that winning doesn’t give you the best farming result. I hope next invasion event going to balance them a little bit more.

in Living World

kRiza krimos.1637

The thing is just that winning doesn’t give you the best farming result. I hope next invasion event going to balance them a little bit more.

Thing is farming results should be best when event is sucessful. That is Anet’s mistake on this event. Another thing is that commander tags should be used by people that are leading wvw army not by people that are leading farmer army, thats another Anet’s mistake.

in Living World

UserError.7150

Just seams pointless to have the even farmable when the corwn pavilion is still open, but so many ppl farm the event, it just has become an epic fail. Problem is, their are PPL who are ACTUALLY trying to do the event, and the commanders basically screw them over.
ive gotten to the point that if their is enough commanders farming, that ill just take of my tag after a couple events and go afk till scarlet shows up, if she shows up. whis means im not playing, b/c other PLAYERS are ruining the game for me

so tell me, how is it far if anet lets players ruin the game for others?

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

If commander tags are useless in PVE, then why are you complaining about them?

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

Thing is farming results should be best when event is sucessful. That is Anet’s mistake on this event. Another thing is that commander tags should be used by people that are leading wvw army not by people that are leading farmer army, thats another Anet’s mistake.

Why is it a mistake? Obviously there’s a lot of people out there that want the commander tags to lead to good farming locations. You seem to be in the minority on this issue.

in Living World

UserError.7150

Why is it a mistake? Obviously there’s a lot of people out there that want the commander tags to lead to good farming locations. You seem to be in the minority on this issue.

the whole point is NOT TO FARM

in Living World

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

How would it be fair if they punished them for other people following them around? Are they supposed to /map I’M JUST FARMING DON’T MIND ME every sixty seconds (so as to minimize people following them unawares)?

in Living World

kRiza krimos.1637

Because they are hindering.

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

Commanders aren’t hindering, they are doing exactly what the crowds want. If people didn’t like the results from following commanders, they wouldn’t follow them. Apparently, players are quite happy following commanders, because that’s where the crowds are. Therefore, the commander tags are useful and not a hindrance. Maybe they aren’t useful to you, that puts you in the minority. Get over it, they’re commanders, not mommies.

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

the whole point is NOT TO FARM

According to who, you?

Maybe you should quit trying to ruin everyone else’s game. I don’t recall anyone declaring you to be the dungeon master.

in Living World

kRiza krimos.1637

How would it be fair if they punished them for other people following them around? Are they supposed to /map I’M JUST FARMING DON’T MIND ME every sixty seconds (so as to minimize people following them unawares)?

Or turn off commander tag so people wouldn’t mistakenly follow them thinking they are actually organizing event instead of just farming. But they want people to swarm on them because that is what’s generating champions they need for farming, so its actually in their interest to mislead people into following them.

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Weeeelllll, we do have a few official statements by Anet that they make content with the intention that events should be completed and not more rewarding when failed.

Basically farming the event is against their vision, but then they shouldn’t make it more profitable I suppose.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

kRiza krimos.1637

Commanders aren’t hindering, they are doing exactly what the crowds want. If people didn’t like the results from following commanders, they wouldn’t follow them. Apparently, players are quite happy following commanders, because that’s where the crowds are. Therefore, the commander tags are useful and not a hindrance. Maybe they aren’t useful to you, that puts you in the minority. Get over it, they’re commanders, not mommies.

Got any proof that im minority or your just pulling facts out of your kitten? Farmers are happy, people that would like to defeat Scarlet not so much. And they certainly dont look like mommies, more like kindergarden teachers, leading kids to play.

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

Got any proof that im minority or your just pulling facts out of your kitten? Farmers are happy, people that would like to defeat Scarlet not so much. And they certainly dont look like mommies, more like kindergarden teachers, leading kids to play.

You’ll notice on these raids that the crowds are with the commanders. If the majority didn’t like what the commanders were doing, they would be in different areas of the map. Real simple. Don’t know what prevents you from following simple logic. I suspect because the data doesn’t fit your world view. You could always get your own commander tag and see who follows you. Quit whining, get doing. Is that too hard?

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Nobody has touched upon the obvious solution here: different commander tags! Each costing gold seperately of course, Anet employees want to eat too.

You get a big red axe for combat commander, a green lockpick icon for ninjaing undefended areas in wvw, a pink bow for roleplaying and so on. I think the aetherbladefarming icon could be similar to a pirate flag, crossed swords but with $$ instead of the skull. What do you all think?

in Living World

kRiza krimos.1637

You’ll notice on these raids that the crowds are with the commanders. If the majority didn’t like what the commanders were doing, they would be in different areas of the map. Real simple. Don’t know what prevents you from following simple logic. I suspect because the data doesn’t fit your world view. You could always get your own commander tag and see who follows you. Quit whining, get doing. Is that too hard?

I do see crowds gathering on events even without commander tags present. Crowds that actually try to finish events, not just farm. Could you share your “data” with rest of us plz?
Don’t know what made you think i want commander tag for myself? I really dont have problems with my ego that needs to be filled with “followers”, or feeling important as commander, but thanks for advice anyway.
So anybody that thinks different than you is whining? Either you farm with content or you are a whiner, right? I suggest you skip topics where grownups are discussing, thanx!

(edited by kRiza krimos.1637)

in Living World

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

When doing the event, I have found that most people will center on a commander tag. I’ve gone to combat points without commander tags, and there might be 2 or 3 people there. So, in a way, the tags do have a use, if only to gather a lot of people in one spot.

I don’t have a problem with folks gathering at commander tags. The more people, the more champs, and the event tends to finish despite the best efforts of the farmers not to complete. Hanging out with the zerg gets me a few lootbags and whatnot, and the whole experience is pretty fun for me.

I DO have a problem with commanders (among others) being kittenbags toward non-farming players. I tend to want to screencap and report any of them who are, and hope that someday ANet will actually punish them.

I don’t think the problem is the meta issue of farmers vs non-farmers. This event is hard to not finish. There’s just too many people doing it. As long as there is money to be made, there will be someone farming it, and someone else complaining about it.

Level 80 Elementalist