hints on the next update !

in Living World

Posted by: shaiya.7649

shaiya.7649

Good night everyone !
So , as we are all excited about the S2 of living world content , and i heard that arena net said they will be including hints in the game with all the small patches , and knowing for sure that the next patch will focus heavily on brisban wildlands , i went there , and just kept looking around the map , having fun , till i fell on this Fort , that seems to have lvl 80 bandits on top of it ( in a lvl 15-25 zone )? and seems like a Raid on it would be awesome !
knowing that some old data mined map showed that we will be getting the rest of brisban land map next , which start from that fort , i can see a big meta event to raid it incoming !
oh , and talking about that , after the release of the last war with scarlet or what ever trailer , i kept wondering why did they specially choose the word * sinister* at the end of the traier to describe the thing that awoke , and i just discovered that the alliance between the inqest , nightmare cout and the bandits is called the *sinister alliance *
Also , if you remember some old artwork taking from one of the art makers for guildwars 2 was showing like the kungle corruption taking over the map of brisban ? maybe we will get to Raid on that beautifull fort and fight to stop the corruption there , then we will be able to take a portal from there to a new zone were we get to go further in the jungle maybe ?
any way , im bad at writing , keep the speculations comming guys

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Fort with the Level 80 Champions has been there for quite some time (months, at least). Still, they may be related to the next patch. =)

in Living World

Posted by: Brega.6920

Brega.6920

That fort and its portal and asura gate have been there since the game launched.

Tarnished Coast – Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Given that they seem to be adding a new bit to southwestern Brisban, accessed by the looks of it at Toxal Bog, I doubt that Fort Vandal – which as said has been there since launch – is related.

Instead I’d look at the festival.

• Rox and Braham mention going after the voice in Scarlet’s head.
  • Marjory and Kasmeer mention investigating the dragon’s roar.
  • There is a lot of mentions of a long trip the Zephyrites are going on next to an unknown destination (so either we’ll see them again soon, or they’re being written out via the old put on the bus trope).
  • We have Trader Aerin whom seems suspicious that he got so many voiced lines.
  • Not to mention Canach being bought by some human noble lady.

I think those, and the map change, are the hints. Other than the portal covered by thorny vines in the news post.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

Those may have been there since launch, but so have a lot of extra doors and places where portals could easily go. There’s even a portal at the top of the Brisban Wildlands map that can’t be reached. There’s a nice picture of it here:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/74779-a-portal-that-is-inaccessible/

I’m pretty sure the devs have said before that these are for future expansions, so the fort could be where we head out to the new jungle.

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Here is the inside of said fort: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnbtpx28cA

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Given that they seem to be adding a new bit to southwestern Brisban, accessed by the looks of it at Toxal Bog, I doubt that Fort Vandal – which as said has been there since launch – is related.

Instead I’d look at the festival.

• Rox and Braham mention going after the voice in Scarlet’s head.
  • Marjory and Kasmeer mention investigating the dragon’s roar.
  • There is a lot of mentions of a long trip the Zephyrites are going on next to an unknown destination (so either we’ll see them again soon, or they’re being written out via the old put on the bus trope).
  • We have Trader Aerin whom seems suspicious that he got so many voiced lines.
  • Not to mention Canach being bought by some human noble lady.

I think those, and the map change, are the hints. Other than the portal covered by thorny vines in the news post.

Don’t forget Taimi’s mention of suspicious energy/whatever in the crates being brought on that she wants to investigate.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m pretty sure the devs have said before that these are for future expansions, so the fort could be where we head out to the new jungle.

The spoiler picture is vastly different from inside the fort, includes vined thorns even, and we have a new area in SW Brisban. I doubt we’ll be using the fort to go into a new zone.

This goes doubly so since the fort is structured the same way that dungeons were in the BWE – a PoI and an enclosed portal into a structure is how Ascalonian Catacombs, Caudecus’ Manor, and Twilight Arbor all were (those we could get to the outside of). With release the PoIs were removed though. Fort Vandal has that same set up, so it is likely a scrapped or “save for later” dungeon.

I don’t recall Anet ever confirming they’re for future content. In fact, the one heading north of Brisban is pretty much confirmed to be scrapped content. In this interview, it is said that Kryta was originally to extend further west – which would place another Krytan zone just north of Brisban – but it got scrapped because there wasn’t enough story purpose for it. Some of the other missing zones could be similar.

So Fort Vandal is most likely a scrapped dungeon that was meant to further the bandit and Caudecus plotline. Similar to how originally, Sorrow’s Embrace was to feature Logan Thackeray and some seraph aiding the enslaved dredge (if I had to guess, the original plot for Logan in dungeons would have had him going to Fort Vandal after CM, afterwhich he’d begin investigating the Inquest connections to bandits, taking him to meet up with Zojja at SE). And similarly, the portal in north-central Brisban is likely to be scrapped content too.

This doesn’t mean they couldn’t go to those areas/dungeons with slight alterations in the future though, but given that they’re apparently adding a new area and the portal ambiance doesn’t fit the two in Brisban, a new portal is most likely.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Calling it now, next champ train ;-)