Falathar.9215

my thought on the LS season 2:
“that’s a bit…. dissapointing… for that much of a wait”
what are your thoughts?

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

If they keep this pace on a bi-weekly basis, this is amazing, it’ll add up fast.

If they were starting out “big” and its downhill from here, well obviously I’d be very disappointed.

(edited by Zyphent.2967)

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Darkway.4291

Darkway.4291

To be honest,the new zone is beyond frustrating for me,the jumping,zooming,leaping,the sand storms,the lunatic chicken champ that runs off……no…..no….NNOOO…..I just don’t want to do that,so I logged out,…..if I wanted to scream and pull my hair out with frustration I’d have gone shopping with the wife.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: amonian.3596

amonian.3596

hum.....horrible and boring

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

It was.. okay. About as good as other areas that were already in the game.

The story had some problems. More glaringly, it has the common video game trouble with trying to tell a preset story with the player as the protagonist. Apparently they went for the "go along for the ride and awkwardly have NPCs “ask” you questions with only one answer" solution. I don’t feel very engaged if I’m not doing anything.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Very happy with the result. Hope they keep this up.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It was all fun, until they released yet another super powered Sylvari as the antagonist. So sick of them by now…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

It was all fun, until they released yet another super powered Sylvari as the antagonist. So sick of them by now…

…But he’s dead. You killed him. And I liked his insanity a bit, it feels like I’m playing Guild Wars 1, just with a higher budget.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

I actually enjoyed it, had genuine fun with the new content, tho I must say it’s a lot less of a content from what I expected, only thing to do now are a couple of achievements that I’m most likely finish in a day or two.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would assume that it is simply a very clear hint about the nature of Mordremoth. It would seem like it have manage to corrupt at least two Sylvari now.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

People just built themselves up with too much hype and BAM!

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

If they keep this pace on a bi-weekly basis, this is amazing, it’ll add up fast.

If they were starting out “big” and its downhill from here, well obviously I’d be very disappointed.

My thoughts exactly. Though I do feel like Dry Top is unfinished, I like how they’re expanding the map rather than reusing old areas and I don’t think they should stop.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

People just built themselves up with too much hype and BAM!

I don’t understand why, though, this was a pretty typical update.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

It’s to state the influence of Mordremoth. The earth beneath him along with all it’s flora is his domain. The Sylvari are his prime targets.
- The Sylvari we investigated was Soundless. He wasn’t under the protection of the Pale Tree. Same thing with Scarlet.
The Sylvari, especially the Soundless, seem to be easy prey for Mordremoth to manipulate.

I wasn’t a fan of Scarlet, but to see how Mordremoth is awakening and experiencing his power over the mind of a Soundless right away is relevant to the plot.
- Whether Mordremoth is already aware of Zhaitan’s death or not, we don’t know, but I don’t expect him to make it easy for us. I would expect for him to do everything in his power to avoid the same fate as Zhaitan, and if he can corrupt the Soundless, I’d expect no less.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

At least someone remembered I was Commander of the Pact.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Actually I like the new content.
Yes, its not really much, but promising for the next bi-weekly updates.
The desert-style is exactly what I’ve always missed in gw2, I like how the weather (sandstorms) decides which types of mobs spawn while other seem to hide. And having high – climbable cliff-sides, together with dark, claustrophobic canyons and caves is purely awesome. I can’t wait for the map to expand or lead to new, wider areas.

About the story itself, welp who doesn’t hates scarlet, not as villain but her mere existence. Then again, Sylvari are Mordremoths prime target so I guess its fine that the first thing we met (and luckily kill) is a freaked out sylvari, while discovering more tracks of scarlets corruption.
The mission-mechanics were improved as well. Still the NPC’s are kinda “over our top” with an illusion of being incorporated by dull questions from time to time. I guess for hardcore rpg’ers thats a definite immersion-breaker, but for my taste it was good enough. The real improvement seems to be that they started to actually fight with us (instead of standing around and clapping each others shoulders), and have useful skill rotas that support us, even with actual mob-cleanage, while not completely “stealing our show”. The little combat-breakers were nice as well, where you could see kasmeer and marjory forming a bone-bridge and a portal. It now feels like I would lead an actual “guild” (like Destiny’s Edge), instead of babysitting the AI. Good job on that front, a-net.

The cons are the following:
- Too long NPC dialogs. While I like to explore every last detail, most players will get seriously bored by them. I know you like your story and stuff, but please go back to your former dialogue-system (like in dungeons/ personal story) and give people a skip-button. you would get happy faces all around. Also you could bring back the original synchron-speakers of the races and give our main-character – us – finally a voice again. Ty.

- Another, yet pointless meta-event. Why would the Zephyrites loose the track on our reputation by them, just by a sandstorm? It is really dull, please get rid of it or replace it in the following manner:
-all merchants have all items offered to all times for rank 4 prices.
-the old meta-event is gone.
-the new meta-events offers a valuable loot-collection, and a definite number of picks depending on which level got completed.
- to increase the level, do the already existing event-chains.
- The new theme is to actually help the zephyrites who are stranded and threated by nature ( and inquesture), instead of being “judged” by them if you’re “worthy” to see their “special” prices.
c’mon, this is seriously dull and makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyways, all combined together, I feel good about this update.
It has its cons, but definitively also strong points on the pro-side that are promising for the future. Keep it going a-net.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

what are your thoughts?

I was excited to see the new zone, thinking it’d be huge and complete. Nope. I should have known better.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Destai.9603

Actually I like the new content.
Yes, its not really much, but promising for the next bi-weekly updates.
The desert-style is exactly what I’ve always missed in gw2, I like how the weather (sandstorms) decides which types of mobs spawn while other seem to hide. And having high – climbable cliff-sides, together with dark, claustrophobic canyons and caves is purely awesome. I can’t wait for the map to expand or lead to new, wider areas.

About the story itself, welp who doesn’t hates scarlet, not as villain but her mere existence. Then again, Sylvari are Mordremoths prime target so I guess its fine that the first thing we met (and luckily kill) is a freaked out sylvari, while discovering more tracks of scarlets corruption.
The mission-mechanics were improved as well. Still the NPC’s are kinda “over our top” with an illusion of being incorporated by dull questions from time to time. I guess for hardcore rpg’ers thats a definite immersion-breaker, but for my taste it was good enough. The real improvement seems to be that they started to actually fight with us (instead of standing around and clapping each others shoulders), and have useful skill rotas that support us, even with actual mob-cleanage, while not completely “stealing our show”. The little combat-breakers were nice as well, where you could see kasmeer and marjory forming a bone-bridge and a portal. It now feels like I would lead an actual “guild” (like Destiny’s Edge), instead of babysitting the AI. Good job on that front, a-net.

The cons are the following:
- Too long NPC dialogs. While I like to explore every last detail, most players will get seriously bored by them. I know you like your story and stuff, but please go back to your former dialogue-system (like in dungeons/ personal story) and give people a skip-button. you would get happy faces all around. Also you could bring back the original synchron-speakers of the races and give our main-character – us – finally a voice again. Ty.

- Another, yet pointless meta-event. Why would the Zephyrites loose the track on our reputation by them, just by a sandstorm? It is really dull, please get rid of it or replace it in the following manner:
-all merchants have all items offered to all times for rank 4 prices.
-the old meta-event is gone.
-the new meta-events offers a valuable loot-collection, and a definite number of picks depending on which level got completed.
- to increase the level, do the already existing event-chains.
- The new theme is to actually help the zephyrites who are stranded and threated by nature ( and inquesture), instead of being “judged” by them if you’re “worthy” to see their “special” prices.
c’mon, this is seriously dull and makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyways, all combined together, I feel good about this update.
It has its cons, but definitively also strong points on the pro-side that are promising for the future. Keep it going a-net.

It’s thing like this that drive me nuts about ArenaNet – they come so close to releasing something and then back away because they can’t/won’t implement something as standard as reputation. We don’t have rep with the Orders, with the Cities, and now the Zephyrites. There should be a point where we can keep our Zephyrite skills, rep would be a great way to facilitate it.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

what are your thoughts?

I was excited to see the new zone, thinking it’d be huge and complete. Nope. I should have known better.

It is complete. Dry Top was always this small.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

If it’s complete then the Zone name and level needs to be moved on the map because it’s not centered. Most everyone who noticed this(including me) expect more of Dry Top to be opened in the coming releases (although it still won’t be the same size as any other zone in the game).

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Destai.9603

what are your thoughts?

No hearts. No world bosses. One champion. Two waypoints. It’s a tiny corridor, nothing more.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Destai.9603

If it’s complete then the Zone name and level needs to be moved on the map because it’s not centered. Most everyone who noticed this(including me) expect more of Dry Top to be opened in the coming releases (although it still won’t be the same size as any other zone in the game).

I’m hoping that’s the case, I really I am. The zone so far has the hallmark craftsmanship of the other zones, it feels incomplete in comparison though.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I love the new content. :} Glad to see permanent zones being added as well. The story was rich (enough) and entertaining. Seriously, if this pace is kept up, this will be one hell of a season. Going to try the harder LS achieves tomorrow.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No hearts. No world bosses. One champion. Two waypoints. It’s a tiny corridor, nothing more.

There are several zones that doesn’t have world bosses.

Hearts were most likely not added simply because they are not needed (they were added late in development due to people not having a clue about where to go, and one would hope/assume people do know that by the time they hit level cap.)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

This update was exactly what I was hoping for. Not releasing the entire zone right away but in sections. As a big fan of the aspect system (I absolutely love Sanctum Sprint), having them in the new zone was a pleasant surprise.

All in all I am very pleased with this update and can’t wait for the next update that will uncover more of the map and story.

Ignore the people that are complaining about lack of content, they can’t see the big picture here. I bet by the time S2 is over there will be at least two full new zones unlocked, new dungeons, JPs, mini-games, etc.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: igmolicious.5986

igmolicious.5986

what are your thoughts?

I’ve run into at least 3 champions so far. Three-toe, Golem-suit guy in the inquest mine, and a champion dust elemental. I have reason to believe there are more too. The heart quests were also done by the time you reached Orr in the base game — there, as in Dry Top, those are replaced with events. Dry Top was, and remains tiny — that’s just how it is. It is a great start zone for S2, though, in my opinion.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I would assume that it is simply a very clear hint about the nature of Mordremoth. It would seem like it have manage to corrupt at least two Sylvari now.

That’s true I suppose. It’s just that it’s a Sylvari again, with over-the-top abilities…and I’ve kind of had enough of that now.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

what are your thoughts?

What exactly are you disappointed about? You do realize that in order to release part of the entire year’s story they had to come up with the entire story idea, right? And they created an entire new region with new recipes and stuff. Seems great to me.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Well if NPC dialog is anything to go by, an expansion of the zone is likely going to have something to do with the mine.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: nexy.6392

nexy.6392

its not bad till lag spikes hit then something like jumping that requires pin point precision at some points goes out the window, nice dirty window for the kitten dev that did not take lag into account on that…get licking its very dirty

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

Well if NPC dialog is anything to go by, an expansion of the zone is likely going to have something to do with the mine.

There’s also the centaur camp that’s just off the cliff above the village. Not to mention that if you do all the achieves the inquest are moving items right past said camp during the boss fight with the mentally foobar twig. And to go in line with the fact that the seraph are not there after scarlet or the dragon but rather the bandits and black market traders, it’s more likely we’ll chase them instead. And for those who don’t know there is an npc up by the centaur camp, watching us, by the name of Mysterious figure.

Attachments:

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And for those who don’t know there is an npc up by the centaur camp, watching us, by the name of Mysterious figure.

. . . Zhed? Is that you?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

i am dissapointed...

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

what are your thoughts?

Rigidly excited.