instead of ascended armor we get xmas?

in Living World

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

Anet said that we will use the rest of the t7 mats for ascended armor crafting by the end of the year, and according to some rumers i’ve heared that its coming on the 10th…..and the next path as i see is wintersday…

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It was already a given that December was going to feature Wintersday; it’s an annual holiday stretching back to GW1, after all. I have no idea if ascended armor will be implemented along with the Wintersday stuff, but I think it’s early to come to…well, any conclusion based on the small teaser we’ve seen so far.

So, yeah, no surprises about what we know so far, which is not a problem.

Better question: Were you not expecting Wintersday content to start on Dec. 10th?

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

It’s the War on Wintersday! Tyria News Network was right!

Seriously, though, we could get ascended armor in the Wintersday patch.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Living World

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i thought wintersday will be on the last week of the year

in Living World

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

You really think we are even going to get a patch on 24th… as with the current schedule that is where the patch after this would be, The chances are high that unless they have already prepared the patch after Wintersday there won’t be another patch until January and even then releasing something when people are heading out of the office for holidays decreasing response time to potential problems seems very unlikely to me.

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

You really think we are even going to get a patch on 24th… as with the current schedule that is where the patch after this would be, The chances are high that unless they have already prepared the patch after Wintersday there won’t be another patch until January and even then releasing something when people are heading out of the office for holidays decreasing response time to potential problems seems very unlikely to me.

I bet you 100% that there will be a patch on the 24th.

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I wouldn’t mind if they skipped a release. They deserve a break after all we’ve been throwing at them.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: Illi.3647

Illi.3647

you know there could be ascended armor in Wintersday release too?
Also, wintersday will probably be around for a month (like all holidays) and we will get one more release before end of the year…could just be in those, I don´t see a reason why to get upset over this

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why not both?
Just because it is Wintersday doesn’t mean they can’t release other stuff as well.
It is highly unlikely that an update for Ascended Armor will be called “The Update for Ascended Armor!”

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

as long as scarlet takes christmas off, ill be ok

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Living World

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I figure we’ll get armor on the 10th or the patch thereafter. I expected it originally in the FRACTURED patch.

in Living World

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think ascended armour will be Anets gift of xmas to us…

You won’t be able to unwrap your present until the end of January because that’s how long you will after grind your kitten off 24/7 to get a full armour set…it will also cost you a arm and a leg…which is good because that’s 2 armour pieces you won’t need!

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

It’ll mostly be recycled content from last year, like halloween, so we should be safe.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I wouldn’t mind if they skipped a release. They deserve a break after all we’ve been throwing at them.

I wouldn’t mind if they skipped a release. We deserve a break after all the Scarlet they’ve been throwing at us.

in Living World

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

She’ll be hatching a plot to steal Christmas from the Whos of Whoville.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Living World

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

The thumpers are thumping. She will be back very soon and quite probably during wintersday, like she came during halloween.

in Living World

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I can’t wait for ascended armor!

Maybe anet will give us Scarlett’s death as a winters day gift. It would be nice to wrap that up and start on a new thread with LS in January.

I’m hoping for dwarves. I don’t care lore things blah, I still want dwarves.

in Living World

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

I think ascended armour will be Anets gift of xmas to us…

You won’t be able to unwrap your present until the end of January because that’s how long you will after grind your kitten off 24/7 to get a full armour set…it will also cost you a arm and a leg…which is good because that’s 2 armour pieces you won’t need!

I haven’t even bothered with ascended weapons yet because of this reason exactly.

Things get changed and nerfed/buffed so quickly that I can’t consciously warrant going to go grind items or money for a month just to lock myself into a spec that might be dead before I finish building my set.

The only moderately safe bets are building PVT, Zerk or Celestial, and concerning the first two, the playstyle dynamics are really boring to me.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Living World

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

i do not expect wintersday to be at the end of the month. but there is also the cathan new years coming up so who knows what december will bring! i just hope tixxs has a hugh bag full of ascended armor and candy cane bags for this year

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Canthan New Year is however in not until late January/February, and since we don’t have Cantha it is quite unlikely that they will add any specific things for that (they didn’t this year after all).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I would like to respond to several things mentioned in this thread:

- December 10 will feature Wintersday, as evidenced by the promo video on the GW2 release page. Tentative title is “Get Merry!” (No specifics about the content yet, except the video showed familiar Wintersday environments, announced Toymaker Tixx and showed a new minipet.)

- It is highly unlikely that December 24 will not bring another update. (They may or may not release it a day early because of Christmas.) I have several arguments why ascended armor could be introduced in this update:
1. It is exactly 8 updates past the introduction of ascended weapons, and it is likely that the same Living World team who worked on ascended weapons will be working on the December 24 update. (Because there are 4 Living World teams who take turns producing a new update’s content.)
2. We were told ascended equipment would be introduced before the end of the year, and that very likely includes armor. Meanwhile, there are only 2 updates left in 2013, and December 10 already has Wintersday, new healing skills AND a major skill & trait rebalancing.
3. The ability to craft/find ascended armor would be a nice present to keep us engaged over the holidays.

- Canthan New Year traditionally coincides with Chinese New Year. The Living World system of biweekly updates was not yet introduced at the 2013 Chinese New Year. Either Guild Wars 2 will introduce a new annual event to coincide with Chinese New Year (like a Canthan New Year celebration), or it will reuse Dragon Bash (Snake Bash?) or the Zephyr Sanctum as such.

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Personally, I can wait a month or so more to get Ascended Armor. Gives me more time to collect the mats that are needed as well as work on more Ascended Weapons for my toons.

I am interested in the new healing skills to be added as well as what other new skills will be heading our way in the future. The sPvP post yesterday was interesting. The Gem Store one almost felt like a slap in the face though.. It kinda felt like begging for money IMO…

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Why are u all so desperate to get some ugly looking armor skins (don’t even kid yourself they will be decent) that offer u +2 stats/piece? Is that really such a huge upgrade (from lvl80 exotics) for the huge costs it will have and the stress of meeting those costs?

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in Living World

Jornophelanthas.1475

Why are you so desperate to convince everyone that ascended armor is going to be ugly, badly implemented, irrelevant, annoying and evil?

(Personally, I just like speculating about upcoming updates.)

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

We are desperate because we have been stocking up stacks of t7 mats in anticipation of ascended armor which anet promised would be here in 2013.

Some of us have even been delaying ascended weapon crafting because ascended armor crafting is hugely expensive and more important.

The sooner ascended armor crafting comes, the sooner I get back 20+ inventory slots.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

We are desperate because we have been stocking up stacks of t7 mats in anticipation of ascended armor which anet promised would be here in 2013.

Some of us have even been delaying ascended weapon crafting because ascended armor crafting is hugely expensive and more important.

The sooner ascended armor crafting comes, the sooner I get back 20+ inventory slots.

Just an FYI, but you might want to at least get a weapon craft up to 450. This way you can get rid of most of your T7 stuff by crafting them into what you will eventually need anyways. For instance, it will be very important to craft Bloodstone Bricks, Empyreal Star and Dragonite Ingot. You need 5 of each of these in order to craft the Vision Crystal and every Ascended Weapon needs at least 1 Vision Crystal. It would be a logical assumption that the Ascended Armor would be the same.

With that in mind, you’d be looking at needing at least 30 of each of those mats. With each one having a time gate of 1 day before you can craft your next, that’s 30 days of crafting as well, at the least.

TLDR;
Stop Saving your Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments and Bloodstone Dust. You will need those crafted to the next mat ASAP.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

Posted by: PowerGamer.2874

PowerGamer.2874

Why are you so desperate to convince everyone that ascended armor is going to be ugly

Just FYI it has been know that all ascended armor IS indeed UGLY for several weeks now. You can preview it for yourself (just post preview codes below into the game chat):

Heavy
[&AgE4uwAA][&AgE5uwAA][&AgE6uwAA][&AgE7uwAA][&AgE8uwAA][&AgE9uwAA]

Medium
[&AgFEuwAA][&AgFFuwAA][&AgFGuwAA][&AgFHuwAA][&AgFIuwAA][&AgFJuwAA]

Light
[&AgE+uwAA][&AgE/uwAA][&AgFAuwAA][&AgFBuwAA][&AgFCuwAA][&AgFDuwAA]

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Lets keep in mind however that those skins can very much be placeholders, seeing as they have been in the dat-file for MONTHS.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

She’ll be hatching a plot to steal Christmas from the Whos of Whoville.

I think nightmare before Christmas is more her style. Panic and Pandemic.

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Vision crystal isn’t a once per day craft.

By hoarding ascended materials, (and for that matter gossamer) you can level up by doing all of the refining at once to get 400-425, then do obsidian refinements at once to get from 450-475.

That is… If ascended crafting ever does come.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Anet said that we will use the rest of the t7 mats for ascended armor crafting by the end of the year, and according to some rumers i’ve heared that its coming on the 10th…..and the next path as i see is wintersday…

And is that bad? Acended armor would just anger and divide playerbase just like weapons did.

in Living World

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

I would just like to know if ascended armor is even coming. I have some mats saved up that I could sell so I could finish off my characters my problem is I don’t let the games economy dictate how I play but I will need the armor in WvW. Anyone can get by with exotics in WvW but when the armor is added to that it will make a difference.

in Living World

Posted by: Jimaruto.5389

Jimaruto.5389

You all mention Ascended armors before 2014. What about “crafting precursors” before 2014? (as they have mentioned too)

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

You all mention Ascended armors before 2014. What about “crafting precursors” before 2014? (as they have mentioned too)

They told us months ago that it is quite likely that it will be pushed back to next year.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Jornophelanthas.1475

Ascended armor has now been officially announced for December 10.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-10-2013/

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Not gonna lie, kinda surprised that the ascended armor wasn’t released with the fractals… But oh well!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna