new writer (Ree Soesbee) for Living World?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I hate to burst your bubble, but I think some overzealous fans misinterpreted the announcements from China. Ree did not work on the Festival of the Four Winds content. I can’t comment on* what she’s been working on lately,* or on any unannounced future releases.

It’s great to see so many fans of hers express support, though. I’m sure she’ll be excited to know you’re looking forward to whatever she’s involved with.

Y’know, this has been bugging me. I get you cannot comment on unannounced future releases, but Ree and Jeff’s projects has been in the shadows since release. This is… befuddling. We ask, and for over a year we’ve gotten “cannot comment”.

Given there’s been interviews with them and Anet’s not one to hide employees leaving, we know they still work for ArenaNet but… what could possibly be in the works for lack of any hint in any way, shape, or form for so long?

And I should note, that back in January there were comments about two large projects being in the works that’d be announced after Season 1 ended – projects untold about, and such other than the feature pack and China release.

Are these two related and the “announcement date” just got pushed back? Or… what?

The lack of ANYTHING is driving me mad!

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

@Konig: a while before release they explained what they want to do with GW2: They have multiple teams:

• The live team which works on regular updates to the game (turned into the Living Story Team as I would understand this)
  • The main team – which works on expansion-content (now said to be delivered by either an expansion pack or with living story updates).

I’ll look for a source of this, but it’s been a while.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

source:

In Guild Wars 1 we had the expansions and we also had a Live Team constantly adding free content to the game and their still, seven years later, still adding free content to the game.

We’re going to do the exact same thing with Guild Wars 2 the difference being that the teams will be much larger supporting the game on both sides so we’ll have an Expansion Team working on expansions for the game and we’ll have a Live Team constantly providing content for the game and both of those teams will be extremely large, supporting the game from day one, right from the day it ships the Live team will be supporting the game and they’ll be supporting every aspect on the game, they’ll be adding free content to the game, updating the online store, setting up events in the game like our holiday festivals we had in Guild Wars 1, we want to give real breadth to the things that we add.

http://www.screamingjoypad.com/2011/09/exclusive-guild-wars-2-preview-and.html

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Living World

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

The season one Living Story actual underlying story was REALLY GOOD. The whole pale tree being a corrupted/freed dragon champion, keeping the sylvari from corruption, and Scarlet bypassing that protection and going mad: all awesome.

The problem was, it was told soooo badly, with poor pacing and horrendous dialogue.

in Living World

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

I thought S1 was an incomprehensible mess, and Scarlett was probably the most cliche and trite of the characters. Killing her off was one of the best decisions they ever made. In the history of the game. Ever.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

in Living World

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

Ah, I get where you’re coming from, because of job reasons you’re literally not allowed to tell us anything. Thanks for sharing what you could.

You’re welcome.

in Living World

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Y’know, this has been bugging me. I get you cannot comment on unannounced future releases, but Ree and Jeff’s projects has been in the shadows since release. This is… befuddling.

I wouldn’t call it befuddling, I’d rather call it … full of opportunities!

I like the idea that there is something big cooking in the dark, hopefully something that has not been teased yet and something that we do not expect. Yes, I am as ready as the next player for some new and fresh content. But since the release of GW2 there has not been a single competitor in the MMO market been able to put some pressure on ANet, so there is actually no real need for a reveal now. And this also means that Anet can spent this extra time on development and polish, and does not have to rush to a release again as with the original game. I say overall we win for not knowing what Ree, Jeff, Eric, Daniel and the rest of the “invisible half of the dev team” are doing.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in Living World

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Ah, I get where you’re coming from, because of job reasons you’re literally not allowed to tell us anything. Thanks for sharing what you could.

You’re welcome.

Cantha confirmed! Woo-hoo!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Living World

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

You’re welcome.

Actually, that was my Half-Life 3 announcement.

;)

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

source:

In Guild Wars 1 we had the expansions and we also had a Live Team constantly adding free content to the game and their still, seven years later, still adding free content to the game.

We’re going to do the exact same thing with Guild Wars 2 the difference being that the teams will be much larger supporting the game on both sides so we’ll have an Expansion Team working on expansions for the game and we’ll have a Live Team constantly providing content for the game and both of those teams will be extremely large, supporting the game from day one, right from the day it ships the Live team will be supporting the game and they’ll be supporting every aspect on the game, they’ll be adding free content to the game, updating the online store, setting up events in the game like our holiday festivals we had in Guild Wars 1, we want to give real breadth to the things that we add.

http://www.screamingjoypad.com/2011/09/exclusive-guild-wars-2-preview-and.html

Their “Live Team” being referenced there was not a Living World team but rather akin to GW1’s live team – that they’d be maintaining and on occasion adding content. They scrapped this after release, and made 4 Living World teams instead, with constant mentions of “there is no expansion on the table presently, we’re wanting to give expansions via Living World” (not verbatim).

Unless Ree and Jeff are working on Season 2, or perhaps even Season 3 (woah now! let’s not get ahead of ourselves), I am finding it hard to figure out what they could be working on with all the constant mentions of “no expansion” – despite how much I would love an expansion.

The season one Living Story actual underlying story was REALLY GOOD. The whole pale tree being a corrupted/freed dragon champion, keeping the sylvari from corruption, and Scarlet bypassing that protection and going mad: all awesome.

The problem was, it was told soooo badly, with poor pacing and horrendous dialogue.

The funny part is that this is not the story that was told. Not even as underlying.

It’s amazing what connections people will make when there’s nothing solid there. Nothing to show that the Pale Tree is some champion of Mordremoth (let alone a freed one), and certainly no reason for how she became freed.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Their “Live Team” being referenced there was not a Living World team but rather akin to GW1’s live team – that they’d be maintaining and on occasion adding content. They scrapped this after release, and made 4 Living World teams instead, with constant mentions of “there is no expansion on the table presently, we’re wanting to give expansions via Living World” (not verbatim).

Unless Ree and Jeff are working on Season 2, or perhaps even Season 3 (woah now! let’s not get ahead of ourselves), I am finding it hard to figure out what they could be working on with all the constant mentions of “no expansion” – despite how much I would love an expansion.

I’m pretty sure the 4 living world teams are sub-teams within the Live Team. It was also mentioned by NCSoft in some investors call or something similar that an expansion was in the works for 2015.
It’s not just Ree and Jeff that we haven’t heard from. We have also heard nothing from Eric Flannum, the GW2 Lead Designer. Anet also has too many artists for just the living world stuff. Put two and two together and it’s kinda obvious what’s being worked on…..

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Y’know, this has been bugging me. I get you cannot comment on unannounced future releases, but Ree and Jeff’s projects has been in the shadows since release. This is… befuddling. We ask, and for over a year we’ve gotten “cannot comment”.

Given there’s been interviews with them and Anet’s not one to hide employees leaving, we know they still work for ArenaNet but… what could possibly be in the works for lack of any hint in any way, shape, or form for so long?

And I should note, that back in January there were comments about two large projects being in the works that’d be announced after Season 1 ended – projects untold about, and such other than the feature pack and China release.

Are these two related and the “announcement date” just got pushed back? Or… what?

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Posted by: Ecole.2349

Ecole.2349

Hey guys. We’re going to temporarily stop selling old-soda that everyone buys. We’re going to replace it with NEW-soda, which will intentionally be inferior to the old-soda. After that, we will reintroduce the old-soda again with a hip, new, RETRO marketing campaign. Business will be booming as everyone flocks back to the old-soda! (We also get PR for looking like we “listen” to fans too!)

That’s my metaphor. But I don’t know how much it applies to GW2.

Not related really, but the above is to the letter what coca cola did back in the late 80s/ early 90s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

in Living World

Posted by: Tamias.7059

Tamias.7059

Guild Wars 3 confirmed? It is strange that there are several staff members we haven’t heard a lot from. The only new art I’ve seen from Daniel Dociu since launch is this piece, which is actually from 2009, and this piece. Seems strange for ArenaNet’s studio art director to not have produced any art for ArenaNet in the last year and a half, don’t you think?

(I’m joking about Guild Wars 3, by the way)

Victory Is Life Eternal [VILE]

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

talking about something important:
  is that the map will remain? = 3

what? why look at me like that?

• cough *

ok. ok. * be hidden *

I love posts like this.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

You’re welcome.

Actually, that was my Half-Life 3 announcement.

;)

Hah nice, so basically we can expect this soon after HL3 is released or when monkeys take over the earth, whichever comes first!

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!