(speculation)Mordy's Champ

in Living World

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I don’t know why this came to me, well actually I do. I had already made another topic about the Pale tree not being Mordy’s General. Since I am now talking about other individuals I thought any discussion would merit its own topic.
So for the shocker, what if, Trahearne becomes corrupted by Mordy….OMG I love this idea! I get to kill him finally. Scene-stealing Hack!
Oh no wait, what if, Caith is the one. She has been absent from the story line awhile now. And she is one of those assassin types….There she is standing behind Trahearne…..oh please let it be Trahearne that she is standing behind…and then she does the deed….I will secretly give her a kiss later on.

Again this is all done in good fun please share your thoughts on why this could happen or who you would like to be turned to the green side of the pod.

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

why dont you come up with more creative ways of trahearn dieing?

like he fighting the cahmp and ends up being killed

or he falling from the pale tree and fall dmg killed him.. (id lol about this)

but i actually dont want him to be killed off
soo many did already died without anything good…
belinde took her sword into her grave as it seems
drooburt somehow threw that money into the quicksand be4 he died

i fear that even if trahearn ends up dead
the majority f the players just finds something else to flame about

nothing really will change
so just let him live
(and give me belindas sword pls)

in Living World

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

Trahearne can’t die because he is the official mascotte/scapegoat of everything wrong within GW2.
If something happens ingame, remember, it’s always Trahearne’s fault.

in Living World

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

I remember drytop and the surrounding area being home to a certain enemy that I’ve never been able to kill…
Maybe that’ll be Mordremoth’s champion… Rotwing. >__o¿

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

in Living World

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

I remember drytop and the surrounding area being home to a certain enemy that I’ve never been able to kill…

Rotscale resided in Majesty’s Rest, guarding the crypts of ancient Krytan royalty and nobility.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Is the nightmare as a part of Mordrem’s corruption an option?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Rotwing resided in Majesty’s Rest, guarding the crypts of ancient Krytan royalty and nobility.

You mean Rotscale?
Rotwing is a type of weapon

in Living World

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Rotwing resided in Majesty’s Rest, guarding the crypts of ancient Krytan royalty and nobility.

You mean Rotscale?
Rotwing is a type of weapon

Rotscale, yes. Thank you. I made the proper edit.

Still, it doesn’t change what I was getting at: Rotscale could be found in Majesty’s Rest, not Dry Top.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Living World

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

By all accounts and likelyhood, if Anet wanted to go through with what how they hinted everything in the buildup instead of adding more and more new characters and content nobody will remember; Mordremoth’s champion would be Faolain.
Faolain and Caithe discovered Mordremoth’s corruption. Caithe resisted it through will, Faolain gave into it for power. She went bonkers, and started spreading it through the Nightmare Court, this being what Scarlet knew and blackmailed Caithe with assumedly through the Aetherblade path/section of Twilight Arbor.
Faolain is still alive, and has merely retreated from the Arbor. She’ll return, probably further insane.

Of course this may have already taken a 180 degree turn for “nah, man, original characters”, but.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

By all accounts and likelyhood, if Anet wanted to go through with what how they hinted everything in the buildup instead of adding more and more new characters and content nobody will remember; Mordremoth’s champion would be Faolain.
Faolain and Caithe discovered Mordremoth’s corruption. Caithe resisted it through will, Faolain gave into it for power. She went bonkers, and started spreading it through the Nightmare Court, this being what Scarlet knew and blackmailed Caithe with assumedly through the Aetherblade path/section of Twilight Arbor.
Faolain is still alive, and has merely retreated from the Arbor. She’ll return, probably further insane.

Of course this may have already taken a 180 degree turn for “nah, man, original characters”, but.

I don’t believe the nightmare is connected to Mordremoth. Therefore, I don’t believe that Faolain will be his champion. To me the nightmare is part of the dream and that the nightmare court are still protected by it.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I don’t believe the nightmare is connected to Mordremoth. Therefore, I don’t believe that Faolain will be his champion. To me the nightmare is part of the dream and that the nightmare court are still protected by it.

I don’t think Faolain is his champion either but I do think Mord is the root (pun intended) cause of the Nightmare. Considering the dialog centered around Omadd and Scarlet, Omadd said whatever she encountered in his machine was something she brought in with her. I believe that is a significant hint, whether the Pale Tree is a minion of Mord or not – I do think he’s had some influence in conjuring the Nightmare; however, being that his existence has been kept so heavily secret, his role in the Nightmare has been minuscule.

Using an analogy I used weeks back, it’s like Mord is holding the pot that is the Dream but not having his hands inside of it. The Dream acting like a field of protection so he can’t get as directly involved.

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

It is highly likely that Rotscale is a champion of an elder dragon, considering Rotscale (along with Kuunavang) was officially compared to Glint at some point.

As a bone dragon, Zhaitan would have been the logical choice. But Zhaitan is no more and we never did learn why Tequatl got a surge of power. I don’t think he really fits the profile for Mordremoth.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

As a bone dragon, Zhaitan would have been the logical choice. But Zhaitan is no more and we never did learn why Tequatl got a surge of power. I don’t think he really fits the profile for Mordremoth.

As silly as it was, it was because they wanted to improve the encounter and make it more difficult. That was the “why”. Throwing a lore spin on it, they explained that due to Zhaitan’s defeat the energies amplified Tequatl. My guess would be similar to how Kormir ascended at Abaddon’s defeat. As different as the gods are to the EDs, there may still be a certain unifying similarity, a law of sorts that must be abidded by.

I still like to think though Zhaitan’s death, while claimed, is more subject to ones perception. There’s so much going back and forth, I’d believe that during the next cycle millions of years from now that he’d rise back up.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

If he’s going to have a dragon shaped champion like Jormag and Kralk, they are either going to use the same model used in the Sylvari tutorial or build off it.

Whether or not he’s ever going to have a humanoid one or something like the Eyes of Zhaitan is anyone’s guess.

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

As silly as it was, it was because they wanted to improve the encounter and make it more difficult. That was the “why”. Throwing a lore spin on it, they explained that due to Zhaitan’s defeat the energies amplified Tequatl. My guess would be similar to how Kormir ascended at Abaddon’s defeat. As different as the gods are to the EDs, there may still be a certain unifying similarity, a law of sorts that must be abidded by.

When did they say this? Was it some simple Q&A thing because I’ve never seen anything substantial about it.

I do recall it being said at the release of Tequatl Rising that his power surge would play a part in the story. Guess not then…

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

How about… the Pale Tree is mortally wounded and he sacrifices himself in a ritual he picked up in Orr to heal her so that the Sylvari people have a future?

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

How about… the Pale Tree is mortally wounded and he sacrifices himself in a ritual he picked up in Orr to heal her so that the Sylvari people have a future?

How about… a golem gone haywire uses his spinning knockback attack to mow Trahearne down like a weedwhacker and the clippings are given a hero’s burial in a paper bag at the end of the driveway?

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

Looking at the GW2 Wiki article on Zhaitan, there’s a model size comparison of Zhatian, older version of Zhaitan and four dragons, three of which are champions of EDs and the dragon that we see in the Sylvari personal story. Is it possible they had ideas of this dragon being Mordy’s champion long time ago?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/a/af/Zhaitan%27s_Size.jpg