this cadeceus fight

this cadeceus fight

in Living World

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

So I got to fight Caudecus this weekend. I found the first part harder than the second with the spinning room. That second part took about 10 minutes, and having the camera set to show my character from the top made it easy to avoid red circles, pick up those crystals and see the trash mobs.

I set a mouse button to click the counter magic icon and knew I had to look out for it to pop up.

In the current version, that fight is not harder than, let’s say, Mordremoth. The Jade Constructs are more deadly than Caudecus.

What really is hard in this story part is getting the letter achievement. Seriously, you pack Jade Bows into those small rooms?? If you plan on getting that achievement solo, make sure you bring some repair canisters or fight naked, because there is no anvil around.

One tip: Get the achievement before you go upstairs to Canach to finish the story. As long as Canach is waiting for you, you can pull the enemies to the mansion’s entry hall. Canach will join the fight and even resurrect you. You can probably let him do the whole job while stealthing yourself, but it might take a while. If you stealth yourself to enter the rooms and pick up the letters, you will spook the NPCs (because the door opens) and they will roam around afterwards and even show up in the entry hall.

I stopped after 11 letters and will do the rest at another point of time, together with other people who want the achievement.

On a last note, I used random dumpster armor (whatever I looted while playing the game, with a different rune on every armor piece) for everything up to yesterday, where I finally turned some karma and gold into decent armor with good runes. And boy that makes a difference! I’ll redo some encounters with my new armor, it should be much easier. Thanks ArenaNet for good balancing of stats on characters. I wasn’t really aware how much of a difference it makes until I tested the new armor on mobs. I even started getting aggro in champion fights.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

this cadeceus fight

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I cleared every jade bow veteran solo without much problems. Imho the ‘hardest’ part in this instance is finding the letters.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

this cadeceus fight

in Living World

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

I finished the fight after dying maybe 4 times (which I consider to be many times). After that, I tried to collect all the letters. Needless to say that I left the mansion naked except for my helm. That must have been a sight. A naked dude wearing a helmet and carrying a bunch of letters. The fight itself was pure hate against the game but eventually, when I feel particularly strong, I will try again.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

this cadeceus fight

in Living World

Faaris.8013

I finished the fight after dying maybe 4 times (which I consider to be many times). After that, I tried to collect all the letters. Needless to say that I left the mansion naked except for my helm. That must have been a sight. A naked dude wearing a helmet and carrying a bunch of letters. The fight itself was pure hate against the game but eventually, when I feel particularly strong, I will try again.

Walk of Pride :P

this cadeceus fight

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

I hope you all remembered to bring food for Lady Wisteria Whiskington, the bloodstone-crazed kitty in one of the upstairs rooms… I did not and had to play through again to get her.

this cadeceus fight

in Living World

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Well, after 22 goes at this mindless event, Im giving up.
I cant even get past the first room with the jade constructs as they kill me in less than 5 seconds, and are now not possible to evade.

this cadeceus fight

in Living World

Faaris.8013

Well, after 22 goes at this mindless event, Im giving up.
I cant even get past the first room with the jade constructs as they kill me in less than 5 seconds, and are now not possible to evade.

You can run to the entry hall, there’s enough room to fight. And if you didn’t finish the chapter, Canach will join the fight. Only downside of this is that you spawn right into the battle when you die. And maybe bring some trash armor if you don’t have repair canisters.

Or better just get a couple of other players who want the achievement and do it in a group.

this cadeceus fight

in Living World

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

In another thread, I heard multiple times about grouping up. Maybe, but only maybe, there is some sense behind that. But grouping up in an MMO that teaches you like 80 levels that you can steamroll everything by pressing 1 …? Nah, that’s crazy talk.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx