WALK THROUGH: Not Under my Command

in Living World

Posted by: harrison fang.1874

harrison fang.1874

So i though i would make a simple walktrhough for this since it took me a huge amount of time before finding out how to beat this.
1.) first off the only way to beat it as of now is to use a mesmer of a theif.
2.) the mes/theif needs to be the one to start the instance
3.) the mes/theif needs to talk to the first dead body and then dont talk to anything else
4.) party goes through instance killing all mobs up to the part where the npcs spawn in
5.) mes/theif arms the mine where the npcs spawn in
6.) mes/theif places a port or a shadow step and then talks to the npc and then walks back to the second dead body*party stays at the spot where the npcs spawn*
7.)mes/theif talks to second dead body and places the portal down and ports back as quickly as possible.
THE REASON you need to port is so that the enemies that spawn do not stay invincible and kill the npcs.
good luck hope this helps

necromancer (STUN)- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader of Aegis Shield [AS]-Tarnished Coast
Mjor of [CrSy] Cryptisyndicate

in Living World

Posted by: Horo.7395

Horo.7395

You done it before the patch aren’t you? Because it doesnt work now

in Living World

harrison fang.1874

how does it work now?

in Living World

harrison fang.1874

doesn’t say they patched it in patch notes and if they did i would assume that it is now easier to do

in Living World

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

There was a hotfix about an hour ago: as soon as you walk to the third dead husk, Caithe’s group spawns (along with the vile thrashers ).

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

in Living World

Posted by: Alice Madness.6259

Alice Madness.6259

We did it trough this part but failed at the end My Mesmer isn’t strong enough to fight this big mobs alone:D

in Living World

Posted by: MChuzzlewit.5178

MChuzzlewit.5178

There has been a change made since the few people originally completed this, however it is definitely still doable. I will say it took my team of four about 2 hours of trial and error to finally complete it.

The trick is there are two triggers that have been added to make sure you can’t avoid progressing the story by not talking to the NPC. The first trigger is in the choke where the first husk corpse is. Where the terrain changes from a light brown to a darker brown all the way to the corner past the husk’s corpse triggers the NPCs to spawn and subsequently die if anyone in the party walks over it. I was able to place a portal for my party and blink passed the trigger to avoid it.

The second trigger is where the third husk corpse is and this one causes the Vigil NPCs to bug due to being triggered out of order but is necessary to make the mobs vulnerable that spawn next to Caithe’s party.

After porting my party passed the first trigger we cleared the patrols passed the point where Caithe’s party spawns. The instance leader set a mine at the husk’s corpse at this point. He then retreated back to the third husk’s body and waited while we finished setting up. Our engie dropped smoke field and our ele dropped a static field and simultaneously I blinked back to the trigger in the choke of the canyon to trigger the mobs to spawn and the warrior who had the NPCs following him because he was the party leader used rush to quickly trigger the mobs vulnerability and were able to CC the mobs before they could kill any of the NPCs.

This was far from a perfect strategy as there was some luck and timing involved but after several hours of trial and error it was successful in completing the achievement after the changes to the instance were made.

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I really hate these new achievements. It shouldn’t be this complicated.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

By just reading how MChuzzlewit did it I’m assuming that there must be some other trick to it, because that sounds more like an exploit than ‘working as intended’. Perhaps this instance will get another patch soon.

Edit: Just read a response from Colin in another thread, it seems that it will be looked into and the NPC’s should be invulnerable untill you get near.

(edited by Lethalvriend.1723)