zhaitan vs mordremoth ea scene [spoiler]

in Living World

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

After doing the story quest and watching the eternal alchemy scene on youtube several times it seems to me that the ball which represents zhaitan and mordremoth look quite similar. Does the last bit of the scene (where the greenish ball goes to the center) indicate that mordremoth is attacking the pale tree, or is it simply the destruction of zhaitan? I haven’t slept in a while so I might regret posting this. My lore knowledge is bad. Thanks

in Living World

imbalancedhero.3968

Also if you look at the order the orbs start moving, it shows the following order

1.) red (primordus)
2.) light blue (jormag)
3.) dark blue (bubbles the water dragon)
4.) bright green (the one that goes into the center)
5.) purple (kralkatorik)
6). dark green

Now if we look at the order of dragon awakenings (going by wiki), it shows that the first 2 to awake are primordus and jormag. Then it seems that zhaitan and the water dragon wake up (no order is mentioned in the wiki but judging by the cinematic I guess the water dragon woke up a bit earlier). Then kralkatorik wakes up followed by mordremoth.

If this order is followed it means that the bright green orb that goes into the center represents zhaitan and his death. Any more thought on this? thanks

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

See this is why I don’t think Zhaitan is “canonologically” dead even though we likely will not fight him again. It’s almost like these are fundamental forces of chaos and order that is maintained and through the eternal alchemy we find out. But that’s neither here nor there, I don’t think there’s any specific significance other than Zhaitan represented a facet of chaos that all of the EDs share.

Now my interpretation is my own so I can’t wait to see what Episode 3 will reveal, assuming it doesn’t grow more questions :P. From what I can only infer right now is that there is a specific connection to the Pale Tree(s) and Mord and he is in some way the heart of Tyria.

Hm… it really is mind boggling. I need to rewatch some videos :P

in Living World

Ronin.7381

If this order is followed it means that the bright green orb that goes into the center represents zhaitan and his death. Any more thought on this? thanks

I don’t think so. I think that’s Mordremoth and the one that represents Zhaitan is peeling back. The Dark Green goes into the center and then I guess assimilates nature and… “assumes control.” It practically looks at you and then we get the whole fade-to-black cliche where something happened so traumatic we can’t make out the details – hence we’re going to the closest thing we can guess that is connected (the Pale Tree) in order to seek an audience.

in Living World

imbalancedhero.3968

After watching the cutscenes 50 times-ish

Relative to the center, primordus and jormag are always on opposite sides, as is zhaitan and mordi, as is kralk and bubbles. Maybe they control opposite elements, or hate each other in particular, or balance each other out? Makes sense that mordremoth is making a move now zhaitan is dead

in Living World

Ronin.7381

See I don’t think the order or placement has any real significance, not yet anyways.

in Living World

Posted by: BlameAmes.3581

BlameAmes.3581

Here’s the rub:

Your character actually STATES that Mordremoth was staring right at them during the cinematic. This complicates the whole “orb order” speculation.

How your character realizes that it’s Mordremoth staring back is beyond me. I find that it’s an interesting additional tidbit that confirms/denies what the player was thinking towards the end of that scene.

in Living World

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

A guildie pointed out that if you turn the map of the Infinite Coil Reactor you get the image(map) in the video – right down to the color match up.
~for what that is worth.

(edited by One Prarie Outpost.4860)

in Living World

Posted by: Night Chaser.4321

Night Chaser.4321

Here’s the rub:

Your character actually STATES that Mordremoth was staring right at them during the cinematic. This complicates the whole “orb order” speculation.

How your character realizes that it’s Mordremoth staring back is beyond me. I find that it’s an interesting additional tidbit that confirms/denies what the player was thinking towards the end of that scene.

end of the cinematic…. the big scary eye is staring at you… how could u not see that

in Living World

Posted by: BlameAmes.3581

BlameAmes.3581

Despite the fact that it looks no different from the planetary orbs seen a few seconds ago, it’s apparently an eye, yes, the symbolism was not lost on me.

But I’ve had people discussing and mentioning “Wait, what eye?”