150 laurels and growing

150 laurels and growing

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Statictary.5206

Statictary.5206

One hundred fifty of those green shrubs I can call my own,
but what shall I do with them?

I was thinking on spending them on ascended accessories. An amulet and rings I already have.
But wouldnt it be better to join a bigger guild to acquire ascended accessories via those guild activities?

So what else could I do with them?
Maybe trade for 300 unidentified dyes?
If I get lucky, I’ll get some high valued ones;
or how are the chances for this to happen?
I remember I bought 40 unidentified dyes, but this was months ago. I got celestial and abyss out of that. A good deal for me and a bad deal for a friend. Because after he heard how I raised my gold he wanted the same for him. He purchased 100 unidentified dyes. But nothing too valuable popped out then.

Any other usefull ideas?

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Save them until you decide to craft something that requires a lot of T6 materials.
Each laurel equals 3 t6 mats.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I use mine to get exotic armor for new alts from the WvW vendor, using the badges of honor I have that are stacking up to suplement the laurels. BTW, ascended amulets can’t be gotten from guild missions…only from laurel vendors.

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

Unidentified dye price has risen a little, about 22s the moment I’m writing this. So if you want to transform the laurels into money then buy those dyes and sell them. You can make a lot of money~

150 laurels and growing

Statictary.5206

I see, get T6 Materials for laurels.
But there is nothing that I’d like to craft at the moment. Maybe in the future.
If my infos are correct we will be able to craft till level 500 to create ascended armor. If you’ll need T6 mats for them then thats a good idea…
or will they invent some T7 mats?

Selling 300 unidentified dyes for a total sum of 66 gold [if one sells for 22].
Thats a good load of money. But I am more the gambling type, so I’d open them all to see if luck is still a skill. I’d just need for example 2 celestials and 2 abysses to turn that into a good deal. 1 abyss I’d use then to black my char up.

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I see, get T6 Materials for laurels.
But there is nothing that I’d like to craft at the moment. Maybe in the future.
If my infos are correct we will be able to craft till level 500 to create ascended armor. If you’ll need T6 mats for them then thats a good idea…
or will they invent some T7 mats?

The new T7 mats will be account bound and time gated. Though it seems it will be better than the charged quartz.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

We’ll also add a new set of account-bound crafting materials to the game. You’ll receive these materials as guaranteed rewards once per day per unique location for completing content within a category of gameplay in Guild Wars 2.
For example, capturing camps, towers, and keeps in WvW will earn you these crafting materials. In the Living World, you can earn them for killing giant world bosses, defeating dungeons, completing jumping puzzles, completing mini-dungeons, finishing some types of guild missions, capturing temples in Orr, and other activities.
Mix it up and try your favorite mini-dungeons one day, your favorite jumping puzzles the next day, and on an another day capture supply camps in WvW instead to earn the crafting material. Or if you want to do all three in one day, the choice is yours! Players can earn each of these guaranteed reward crafting materials from a variety of content across both PvE and WvW to give players choice in what type of content they enjoy.

We’ll expand all crafting professions to allow them to reach a new milestone: 500 points!
At 500, crafters will be able to craft ascended weapons and armor. Once you reach 500, a new tier of crafting materials will be available to you; this new tier of materials will be made by combining lower tier materials. This tier is time-constrained, so each item can only be made once per day in order to help give high-level crafters their own economy of items to build and sell that retain their value and rarity.

This new tier of crafting material, along with the new guaranteed material rewards mentioned earlier and some other materials we’ll introduce will be used to craft ascended weapons, armor, and more. These weapons and armor will also be able to be found as rare drops from locations in the world. Ascended weapons and armor will remain account-bound like other ascended gear.

I just don’t really understand “This tier is time-constrained, so each item can only be made once per day in order to help give high-level crafters their own economy of items to build and sell that retain their value and rarity.”

If they are account bound, how does that let crafters form an economy.

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I don’t think all the items crafted will be account bound…..most likelly soulbound on use (like most high level crafted stuff now).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

150 laurels and growing

Wallace MacBix.2089

I don’t think all the items crafted will be account bound…..most likelly soulbound on use (like most high level crafted stuff now).

Ascended weapons and armor will remain account-bound like other ascended gear.

Also, isn’t the celestial gear, which are just exotic, also account bound?

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

Four words: Endless Mystery Cat Tonic!

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I just don’t really understand “This tier is time-constrained, so each item can only be made once per day in order to help give high-level crafters their own economy of items to build and sell that retain their value and rarity.”

These will be crafted. The account bound materials is separate. Go read the blog post again.

In theory the crafted materials will maintain a high value since they are time constrained and require a high level crafter.

150 laurels and growing

Wallace MacBix.2089

These will be crafted. The account bound materials is separate. Go read the blog post again.

In theory the crafted materials will maintain a high value since they are time constrained and require a high level crafter.

Ah thanks, I read it a couple of times, but kept getting confused because I assumed they were related. I guess it’ll be a good time to have only 1 main and be a crafter.

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

No joke during SAB time period (April?) I purchased the 10 unidentified dyes with laurels. From that ONE packet I got both Celestial Dye, Abyss Dye, Midnight Fire Dye, and Midnight Blue dyes. No one in my guild believed me when I linked them….

But I swear it happened! It’s the single best RNG experience I’ve ever had. Every other attempt at RNG has yielded doodoo.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

It’s a trap!!!!!

No seriously I’ve heard from many people that it’s a massive waste of laurels.

T6 mats and the ascended amulet are the only way to go IMO :p

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

What’s the point of transforming one useless currency (laurels) into another (gold) or even a third (T6 mats).

When you quit the game it will all just vanish into electronic limbo.

Yeah – Cat Tonics I guess.

150 laurels and growing

alexjolly.1463

What’s the point of transforming one useless currency (laurels) into another (gold) or even a third (T6 mats).

When you quit the game it will all just vanish into electronic limbo.

Yeah – Cat Tonics I guess.

The pessimistic attitude makes me wonder.

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation

150 laurels and growing

Statictary.5206

Im allergic to the fur of these kittening kitten kats.

Now if this tonic would transform me into…something…that has new skills that I could use in kombat, why not.

150 laurels and growing

Contiguous.1345

You mean cynical.

150 laurels and growing

alexjolly.1463

You mean cynical.

Nope I meant pessimistic.

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation

150 laurels and growing

Contiguous.1345

Dictionary definitions

Cynicism
Doubtful as to whether something is worthwhile.
e.g. ‘Gold, laurels, game stuff in general is worth kitten’ = Cynicism

Pessimism
A state of mind in which one anticipates undesirable outcomes.
e.g. ‘I won’t get a legendary no matter how hard I try’= Pessimism.

You can call cheese chalk if you like. It doesn’t make it true no matter how you argue.

150 laurels and growing

alexjolly.1463

Dictionary definitions

Cynicism
Doubtful as to whether something is worthwhile.
e.g. ‘Gold, laurels, game stuff in general is worth kitten’ = Cynicism

Pessimism
A state of mind in which one anticipates undesirable outcomes.
e.g. ‘I won’t get a legendary no matter how hard I try’= Pessimism.

You can call cheese chalk if you like. It doesn’t make it true no matter how you argue.

Cynical – Believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.
Pessimistic – A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view

See what I did there, I used the definitions that support my argument rather than using both definitions of the word … look familiar?
At any rate both usages of the word would have been correct in that context but that wasn’t your point. You tried to pedantically pick at the correctness of my grammar in a petty attempt to get some form of virtual 1 up and instead blundered. GG

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Or you can be smart and start your very own personal guild… Buy the letter of commendations and then use the influence to build your self a guild storage. I recently did this and I will soon have 150 extra bank slots for random stuff to fill with.

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Ascended weapons and armor will remain account-bound like other ascended gear.

Also, isn’t the celestial gear, which are just exotic, also account bound?

Celestial gear is one of those examples which breaks the rules. Or, it’s probably because it uses account-bound materials (Charged Quartz Crystal) to craft, thus the end result is account-bound.

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I tend to agree here with this statement.

Gold is easy enough to come by in this game. I would always keep the time gated currency over everything else. Sure there isn’t a ton to buy with laurels now, but you never know what will come down the road. They might even be used for some component in 500 level crafting, or be used as an easy way to purchase mats for said crafting.

The limiting factor on gold production in this game is your own personal time and, realistically, there isn’t even a ton of stuff to spend gold on anyway once you buy exotic stuff or you collect things.

tl;dr : Save the laurels.

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I’m starting to think it’s a bit like I.T gear. At the moment, I don’t buy new stuff because I think “if I just save a bit more, then I can have the newer thing and it wont make my old thing obsolete”. Except, this makes me never get the new thing.

As a result, I have 270 laurels and growing sense of unease about my ability to commit to a course of action. :P

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

150 laurels and growing

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

I haven’t found a use for Laurels yet, nothing is interesting to buy from that merchant so I’ve turned it into a game to see how many I can gather. Let’s see how many Laurels I have by the time they add something interesting to that vendor.
346 (347 after the next daily in 16 minutes)