171/172 Shiverpeaks Explorer... where else?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

So I’m going through my exploration deeds and I’m at 171/172 on Shiverpeaks.

I tried comparing my map to the wiki maps and I have everything that I know of. I even counted how many named spots are on the wiki maps and compared it to mine, and crazy is, I can only find 170 locations in the shiverpeaks that way, where’d I get the other 1, and where’s the other 2?

18 Locations in Hoelbrak
26 Locations in Wayfarer Foothills
26 Locations in Snowden Drifts
24 Locations in Lornar’s Pass
26 Locations in Dredgehaunt Cliffs
26 Locations in Timberline Falls
24 Locations in Frostgorge Sound

That’s 170 locations. I have 171, and there are 172 in total.

What am I missing?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Remember, it’s not just Points of Interest. There is areas of the map that you still have to uncover that aren’t marked.

Did you check tunnels? Or even jump puzzles? A lot of people miss those.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Alpsie.3890

Alpsie.3890

If you had spend just a small amount using th esearch feature on this forum you would of found my topic about shiverpeaks.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/shiverpeak-explorer-missing-one-area-listed-all-171-that-I-have I was also missing one point, but someone responded due to it being a lot easier to answer as I had listed all my points, so go torugh my list + the one the guy helped me find.

Devildoc.6721

If you had spend just a small amount using th esearch feature on this forum you would of found my topic about shiverpeaks.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/shiverpeak-explorer-missing-one-area-listed-all-171-that-I-have I was also missing one point, but someone responded due to it being a lot easier to answer as I had listed all my points, so go torugh my list + the one the guy helped me find.

I did use the search feature I got 1 thread that had no responses.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

off the top of my head there are 3 locations in… timberline I think? At least one of which isnt on the wiki.

It’s called like, coil of the serpent I think? From the maps ive seen its in the southeast corner. I’m afraid I havent 100%’d timberline, or even explored it beyond the personal story, so I cant give an exact location.

There’s also griffinrook run, which AFAIK is a jump puzzle that also uncovers a white named area of the same name. Which may or may not be on the wiki maps either.

Devildoc.6721

Remember, it’s not just Points of Interest. There is areas of the map that you still have to uncover that aren’t marked.

Did you check tunnels? Or even jump puzzles? A lot of people miss those.

The way the map exploration achievement works is all the named places you can see on your map, like white text on the larger map. They aren’t POI’s. But apparently home instances count as 1 (the 1 I had over 170) and lair of the coil was the one I was missing. I thought I had it I just didn’t go far enough in it, and it’s not on the wiki map. I had all the jump puzzles prior.