1st Legendary will never happen..

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Noisia.5618

Noisia.5618

Q:

Hello guys!

I’ve been playing GW2 with many breaks, since mostly i get a bit discouraged or confused..
I always wanted to make a legendary weapon, but i never seem to be able of making one..
Main reasons are:

• Lack of money, and tbh i’ve absolutely no clue how to make gold. I run SW map sometimes, and some fractals i guess, but idk, everytime i look in my pockets, its half empty..

• HoT masteries.. Yes.. i’m having issues with getting mroe mastery points.. I’m currently stuck on 130 masteries and idk how to get more.. I’m struggling a bit.

• Material farming. I’ve no clue where to get all these mats for the gifts.. If there any spesific place where i can farm them or just RNG?

I’m really sad and dissapointed of myself that i still dont have a legendary and i feel a bit overwhelmed everytime i come back.. I love the game, and i have a few friends who have 3-4 and im sitting here, not knowing what to do.

If you have any tips, please feel free to post them.. Anything can help i guess.

Also if there’s any spesific way of making gold that i haven’t found yet, please let me know.. that would help a ton..

Have a great day, Lumi~

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

A:

Time required: around 11 months

1) do the daily everyday although you don’t have to be a slave to it, with a 11 month span an additional week or two shouldn’t be a big deal but that provides 2g per daily completion

2) if you have enough core mastery points to get Supply Line Management then visit the Pact Supply Network Agent daily. You can also visit the page by using the command “/wiki psna” in game without the quotes.

3) Check Map bonus rewords to see which map has the t6 you need and use the Pact Scount’s Mapping Materials that you bought from the Pact Supply Network Agent

4) Try to do one of the HoT map meta events. VB is probably easiest but it might not mesh well with your play time. Get the Amalgamated Gemstone from the Chest of the Verdant Brink Hero . Again you don’t have to have to stick to it daily and since there are 4 you can make up for missed days if you have a bit more time on other days.

5) In terms of the hard require for gold you need 190g. 100g for the ice runestones and 90 to buy the various recipe sheets from Miyani for the different gifts.

6) You will also need a lv400 weaponsmith as well as a lv500 of any crafting profession. Weaponsmith would make most sense to avoid spreading things out. If you don’t have a lv400 or 500 weaponsmith yet then DO NOT RUSH TO IT!. Wait until you are done with Astralaria’s tier 2 Basic Axe Requisition

7) If you have a Ley-Energy Matter Converter use it each day to get a free Machete. Once you have a bunch you can visit Dragon’s Stand to open some Noxious Pods for the crystalline ore. You will need a maximum of 250 machetes but it should be less. You can also buy machetes from the NPC in Dragon’s Stand but that requires currency from the other 3 maps. Participating in the Dragon’s Stand meta event will also give you a few Machetes.

8) Additional potentially hidden cost. You will need to salvage a piece of ascended weapon or armor to obtain a Ball of Dark Energy to make a Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy

9) Complete the collection for Zinn’s Prize Student . It is easy but it is also a 12 day time gate. If you have a spare character just park the character in the room for it so you don’t have to deal with the progress of events for Rata Novus.

10) For the gift of metal Lake Doric has a relatively easy to locate Rich Orichalcum node. Mithril is cheap and abundant. The Fisher’s Eye Bridges area in Timerline Falls usually has a decent amount of platinum in the area.

11) You will also need a Gift of Battle which requires doing the WvW reward track. This can be done in around 8 hours but there are ways to speed it up and there are alternatives to participating in WvW.

The gold you accumulate from the daily can be used to speed up any of the steps.

Posted by: Tavi Blackblade.2076

Tavi Blackblade.2076

if you have laurels you can buy most of the really hard to get high lvl mats from the merchant the rest is just a hard tough grind good luck

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You can make gold by running fractals or simply selling everything you don’t need for your legendary.

Work out which one you want and make each bit one step at a time to make it a more manageable goal. For many players, this a long term goal and usually requires spending time working away at it specifically.

T6 mats are best coming from spending laurels on heavy crafting bags and doing events in the relevant maps for rewards. You also end up with a load when you start making the clovers (when you read up on wiki that will make more sense)

Ectos come from salvaging rares and exotics. Rares are pretty easy to come by if you keep at meta events.

Wood and metals come from just playing maps

Mystic coins come from login rewards and the anomaly event every 2 hours

Really though, just plan what you are doing, take each bit one step at a time and be prepared for a few months graft to get one. Because of the work involved, I wouldn’t get one just because others have them though. I have 7 and they don’t illuminate me as a great or masterful player. They were just long term projects I worked for to complete a look for each of my toons.

Noisia.5618

You can make gold by running fractals or simply selling everything you don’t need for your legendary.

Work out which one you want and make each bit one step at a time to make it a more manageable goal. For many players, this a long term goal and usually requires spending time working away at it specifically.

T6 mats are best coming from spending laurels on heavy crafting bags and doing events in the relevant maps for rewards. You also end up with a load when you start making the clovers (when you read up on wiki that will make more sense)

Ectos come from salvaging rares and exotics. Rares are pretty easy to come by if you keep at meta events.

Wood and metals come from just playing maps

Mystic coins come from login rewards and the anomaly event every 2 hours

Really though, just plan what you are doing, take each bit one step at a time and be prepared for a few months graft to get one. Because of the work involved, I wouldn’t get one just because others have them though. I have 7 and they don’t illuminate me as a great or masterful player. They were just long term projects I worked for to complete a look for each of my toons.

Thanks a lot for your nice reply.
I would love to have Astralaria, and i have the first precursor design, but i have only 140g and imm really scared to start crafting it..
Also as i mentioned im kinda stuck at 130lvl mastery, so i guess i have a long way to go..

Noisia.5618

Time required: around 11 months

1) do the daily everyday although you don’t have to be a slave to it, with a 11 month span an additional week or two shouldn’t be a big deal but that provides 2g per daily completion

2) if you have enough core mastery points to get Supply Line Management then visit the Pact Supply Network Agent daily. You can also visit the page by using the command “/wiki psna” in game without the quotes.

3) Check Map bonus rewords to see which map has the t6 you need and use the Pact Scount’s Mapping Materials that you bought from the Pact Supply Network Agent

4) Try to do one of the HoT map meta events. VB is probably easiest but it might not mesh well with your play time. Get the Amalgamated Gemstone from the Chest of the Verdant Brink Hero . Again you don’t have to have to stick to it daily and since there are 4 you can make up for missed days if you have a bit more time on other days.

5) In terms of the hard require for gold you need 190g. 100g for the ice runestones and 90 to buy the various recipe sheets from Miyani for the different gifts.

6) You will also need a lv400 weaponsmith as well as a lv500 of any crafting profession. Weaponsmith would make most sense to avoid spreading things out. If you don’t have a lv400 or 500 weaponsmith yet then DO NOT RUSH TO IT!. Wait until you are done with Astralaria’s tier 2 Basic Axe Requisition

7) If you have a Ley-Energy Matter Converter use it each day to get a free Machete. Once you have a bunch you can visit Dragon’s Stand to open some Noxious Pods for the crystalline ore. You will need a maximum of 250 machetes but it should be less. You can also buy machetes from the NPC in Dragon’s Stand but that requires currency from the other 3 maps. Participating in the Dragon’s Stand meta event will also give you a few Machetes.

8) Additional potentially hidden cost. You will need to salvage a piece of ascended weapon or armor to obtain a Ball of Dark Energy to make a Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy

9) Complete the collection for Zinn’s Prize Student . It is easy but it is also a 12 day time gate. If you have a spare character just park the character in the room for it so you don’t have to deal with the progress of events for Rata Novus.

10) For the gift of metal Lake Doric has a relatively easy to locate Rich Orichalcum node. Mithril is cheap and abundant. The Fisher’s Eye Bridges area in Timerline Falls usually has a decent amount of platinum in the area.

11) You will also need a Gift of Battle which requires doing the WvW reward track. This can be done in around 8 hours but there are ways to speed it up and there are alternatives to participating in WvW.

The gold you accumulate from the daily can be used to speed up any of the steps.

Great answer.. thanks! I’ve already started some of the things u mentioned. I just gotta work on my gold a bit..

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

140g is a perfectly fine base to start a legendary from. Believe you me, I’ve started from far, far less with most of mine.

Out of curiosity, you say you are only 130 mastery so are a long way behind. Rather, do you mean you haven’t unlocked the full legendary crafting mastery? Realistically that’s all you need afaik.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

140g is a perfectly fine base to start a legendary from. Believe you me, I’ve started from far, far less with most of mine.

Out of curiosity, you say you are only 130 mastery so are a long way behind. Rather, do you mean you haven’t unlocked the full legendary crafting mastery? Realistically that’s all you need afaik.

Depends on where that 130 got spent. For HoT legendary you need Itzel, Exalted, Nuhoch and Gliding maxed out. That is a total of 131 points. You don’t need that much to start but you need to get there eventually.

Posted by: bulauchenka.5382

bulauchenka.5382

Noisia.5618 hi!
My tips:
1) T4 fractals for gold, salvage asc weapons and armors from boxes. (10+g for 20 min)
2) Buy precursor from TP. Do not craft HoT legendary.
2) Buy t6 from TP and laurels = t6 bags.
3) Farm SW CF for 250 Obsidian Shards (1-2 days).
4) EoTM zerg run for Gift of Battle (1 day)
5) gw2crafts.net to lvl up crafting profs (60-80g in total).
6) crafting 2h legendary weapon is better
7) https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/guild-wars-2/402066-guide-exploring-world-optimized-way-all-areas.html for Gift of Exploration (2-3 days)

^Its my way.
Its about 20-30 days if u not so luck. Just play 30-40min a day. And some points force u play longer sessions for 3), 4), 7) (4-6 days in hard mode) *)))

If u want legendary faster:
a) pay 30-70$ and save time.
b) play TP =>buy legendary from TP.

Noisia.5618

Depends on where that 130 got spent. For HoT legendary you need Itzel, Exalted, Nuhoch and Gliding maxed out. That is a total of 131 points. You don’t need that much to start but you need to get there eventually.

I started getting masteries right after HoT released, but i had a huge break from GW2. I basicly got all Tyria masteries except the last one, and from HoT im missing 2 last masteries from Nuhoch and Itzel.. I’m trying to get these..

Noisia.5618

Basicly what i have is:

• 150g
• Crafting proffessions at 500 (weaponsmith and armorsmith/ taloring/ leatherwork)
• 130 Mastery points (Mixed HoT and Maguuma- missing 2 last masteries from HoT which require 12 points each i think)
• I have completed the very first Astralaria colletion and got the recipe for “The Device”, but im afraid to start it.
• I don’t have that many T6 mats, cuz i usually sell them, but i started gathering them once again..

Apart from that,

- i could do T3 fractals for now, still working on AR on my accessories. Trying to get accessories with viper stats atm.
- i can run SW maps, i quiet like it so i dont mind staying there for hours.
- i can run DS meta or any other meta on HoT maps

i’m gonna try to do what @Khisanth suggested.. I just got back to the game, so ill have to work on my income a bit, but apart from the ways above, im not sure what else i can do to make good amount of money.

I wanted to try TP flipping, but i guess im too dumb for it.. i’ve no clue what to flip, especially after taking a break. ^.^

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Basicly what i have is:

• 150g
• Crafting proffessions at 500 (weaponsmith and armorsmith/ taloring/ leatherwork)
• 130 Mastery points (Mixed HoT and Maguuma- missing 2 last masteries from HoT which require 12 points each i think)
• I have completed the very first Astralaria colletion and got the recipe for “The Device”, but im afraid to start it.
• I don’t have that many T6 mats, cuz i usually sell them, but i started gathering them once again..

Apart from that,

- i could do T3 fractals for now, still working on AR on my accessories. Trying to get accessories with viper stats atm.

i’m gonna try to do what @Khisanth suggested.. I just got back to the game, so ill have to work on my income a bit, but apart from the ways above, im not sure what else i can do to make good amount of money.

I wanted to try TP flipping, but i guess im too dumb for it.. i’ve no clue what to flip, especially after taking a break. ^.^

If you are looking for viper jewelry I recommend the LWS3 maps as they porvide (more than) a full set of fully stat selectable accessories; including backpiece

Noisia.5618

Basicly what i have is:

• 150g

Apart from that,

If you are looking for viper jewelry I recommend the LWS3 maps as they porvide (more than) a full set of fully stat selectable accessories; including backpiece

Aye i heard!! I just wanna make the full story from the begging, cuz the first time i rushed it, and i wanna do it again and enjoy it! Then ill get to the new maps, to catch up with the story!