1st lv80 set

1st lv80 set

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Legion.3614

Legion.3614

So I’ve been leveling for awhile and just hit 80 but my gear is alot of lv60 stuff I had when started leveling. What is the place for a person to get their 1st lv 80 armor set?

Ascalon shall be reborn in us!

1st lv80 set

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Hello,

Well to upgrade from 60 to 80 a nice start would be to use the greens that you get from doing events/dungeons. It should give you a decent stat boost even for that quality, work your way to the top.

Also you can get the best gear from many ways:

“Cheapest” would be to get it from a karma vendor from any of the Temples in Orr, note that the vendors sell different types of armor and trinkets (stats). Just to give an example here’s the Grenth vendor (you can browse the armor sets on the table that is at the end of the page): http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Keeper_Jonez_Deadrun

You can also craft them, although if you aim for an exotic version you’ll need some ectos and T6 crafting materials.

If you do a lot of WvW you can turn in some Badges of Honor in order to get exotic gear, there isn’t that much to do with this Badges and the vendor has some good stat combinations: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_Master

Best of luck.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

1st lv80 set

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I crafted mine, but I think the best thing to do is either WvW armor or dungeon armor, whichever you would rather do.
You probably would want to decide what stats you want before choosing a dungeon though, so you can choose the right dungeon to farm.

Oh yeah or karma.

Edited to add karma.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

1st lv80 set

Posted by: Legion.3614

Legion.3614

Well I have level 400 armorsmithing, so is it better for me to buy the mats and make it myself?

Ascalon shall be reborn in us!

1st lv80 set

Posted by: RevGDFreeze.3485

RevGDFreeze.3485

I believe its more satisfying to craft it yourself, esp. when its your first set. But i would probably farm some mats to save you some monies.

Like Berserker Exotics use 5 x Powerful Blood (Karkas and skelks) and 5 x Ectoplasim (Salvaging Rares) plus Might take you awhile to grind but its well worth it. buying Powerful blood is around 30 Silver ATM.

1st lv80 set

Lilith Ajit.6173

Crafting gives you that sense of achievement, but can be more expensive in the long run. Honestly, if I were to do it again I would buy rares and farm dungeons until I got a full set of x gear. Overall, it doesn’t cost anything to buy dungeon gear apart from time, and with your karma you’ve been saving up until now, you can likely get a couple exotic trinkets from the temples to deck yourself out in full exotics.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

1st lv80 set

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Crafting gives you that sense of achievement, but can be more expensive in the long run. Honestly, if I were to do it again I would buy rares and farm dungeons until I got a full set of x gear. Overall, it doesn’t cost anything to buy dungeon gear apart from time, and with your karma you’ve been saving up until now, you can likely get a couple exotic trinkets from the temples to deck yourself out in full exotics.

This. Rare armor, masterwork trinkets, with lvl 78 exotic weapons and then dungeons/karma armor bit by bit. I wouldn’t waste any time on exotic trinkets though, as it’s more time/money efficient to go straight for the ascended, especially if you’ve been diligently doing your dailies/monthlies as you should have.

One – Piken Square

1st lv80 set

Lilith Ajit.6173

This. Rare armor, masterwork trinkets, with lvl 78 exotic weapons and then dungeons/karma armor bit by bit. I wouldn’t waste any time on exotic trinkets though, as it’s more time/money efficient to go straight for the ascended, especially if you’ve been diligently doing your dailies/monthlies as you should have.

If you do have those laurels saved and/or WvW badges and you are interested in FotM I agree entirely with waiting for the ascended bit. Most of my lvl 80 alts use exotic trinkets, however, since I only have 2 fractal runners. If you aren’t interested in fractals, ascended trinkets aren’t a necessity as all other endgame content can be done with exotics.

[ARES]

1st lv80 set

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

They can be done, but then your gear progression is done very quickly with the exotics and nothing there to look forward towards

One – Piken Square

1st lv80 set

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

A combination of crafted and orrian temple gear should be a good start.