1vsX build

1vsX build

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

Good day!

I was thinking, what makes certain classes and builds better or worse in 1vsX scenario? Is it only about player skills or there are some builds which work better in that kind of situation? If so, what are best builds for this?

I think mobility is one of the most important factors, so you can reset fight whenever you want. Also, any glass build I think won’t work.

What do you think?

1vsX build

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

I’d think skill is a requirement to achieve any sort of sustainability in an outnumbered situation. Then some builds are probably going to be helpful, ie ones with good defensive/mobility traits vs pure damage ones, though those have their place as well.

That said it’d also depend on the situation and game mode, for example something that works well in WvW may not be ideal for PvP (resetting, for example, can be less viable in sPvP when you’re trying to keep control of a point and thus have limited space). Similarly, you might have different goals – is it just to survive and provide a distraction for your team, or to kill the people you’re up against? Those are not necessarily mutually exclusive, but the focus will differ.

From my perspective as someone who enjoys playing bunk-ish builds in sPvP and often myself in 1vs2 or 3 fights, my priority for situations where I am outnumbered is active damage mitigation – timing my dodges well, popping buffs when needed, using vigor/swiftness, debuffing foes with blind/weakness – and AoE to put pressure on several people at once.

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

1vsX build

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

Thanks for response!

Engineer as a class has adventage in my opinion, #4 EG, rocket boots, #5 rifle are great skills to escape, #5 shield and block from tool kit give some nice blocks. The problem is that engineer has very limited access to condi removals and stability, however you can simply run when you think you won’t be able to handle situation. Engineer is also not that squishy.

Guardian is slow as a class, so even if it has many defensive abilities it’s just easily kited.

Necro – limited mobility, but very high survivability. Don’t know what to think about necro. I’d be grateful for opinions here.

What else.. I can’t think of anything else. I’d be grateful for your opinions!

1vsX build

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Necro and Engi are good 1vsX professions due to their huge amounts of AoE.
If you count mobility then Warrior, Ele, Thief all have great ways of escape.
Warrior > GS > Sword 2 leap, warhorn 4 for perm swiftness (with traits) and high survivability.
Ele > D/D Fire 3, Lightning 4, Lightning flash, FGS
Thiekittentealth…
End of the day really depends on how you play the build, and how good your enemies are. I’ve 1v4’d in WvW with my warrior and walked away with a victory by constant kiting/reseting the fight. Best advice for any 1vsX situation would be use the terrain (LoSing), active damage mitigation (dodges, aegis, blinds etc) and try to focus one target at a time.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace