20 slot bags no money to be made.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Quicksilver.1578

Quicksilver.1578

So as a Leatherworker I’ve just notice is it not pointless making 20 slot bags? The component needed to produce them is on the Master Leatherworker for 10 gold. No one is going to pay that much for a bag if you want to sell it on. So the only other option is buying it from the Gem store with real money.

Or is the component a drop as well? Seems this is the way they are pushing people to pay real money.

Posted by: AdamLiborio.8436

AdamLiborio.8436

have you checked on the TP to see if 20 slot bags are selling for a decent price? They may not be but if they are selling for more than the cost of the rune it could be worth selling. I’ve never seen anything that the crafting vendors sell dropped anywhere, which is kind of a bummer, especially the really expensive holding runes.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Was discussing this with friends. It’s actually way cheaper to just simply buy gems with gold, buy another bag slot, and then use a cheaper bag than make these. You will get more bag space and save a ton of gold goin this route, sadly.

Funny stuff.

Posted by: Arieon.9751

Arieon.9751

Well, if you’re doing anything other than dungeons, you actually shouldn’t needing 20 slot bags since you can stash materials with one click and porting back to a bank/buying the banker item from the TP isn’t the toughest thing in the world. But if you’re in a dungeon without the bank/merchant item then you’d definitely be wanting bigger bags for all the loot you might pick up over a 2 hour run.

“Taking down Orr’s corruption, one corrupted Quaggan at a time”
Arieon Ashleaf Lv 80. Sylvari Necromancer – Crystal Desert

Posted by: AdamLiborio.8436

AdamLiborio.8436

Actually so far every time I’ve done a dungeon I’ve ended with filling up my last inventory slot with a drop. Thankfully the deposit all collectibles is there to clear up room for weapons and armor.