2015 Halloween Guide

2015 Halloween Guide

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

So the wiki isn’t really updated for it, and I see a lot of questions on here and in map chat in-game. So I decided to make a video about all the things you can do and get this year for Halloween. Hopefully you find it helpful

https://youtu.be/w0o0Jc4dfek

2015 Halloween Guide

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

thx i wasn’t going to touch halloween but maybe i’ll try it now

I also post on guildwars2guru.

2015 Halloween Guide

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

Glad you found it helpful I was really confused too and had to do research x.x

2015 Halloween Guide

Drow.2081

Note on the Mad King Labyrinth new people keep coming in and they do not know the big necro skeleton is the BOSS. I didn’t know my first time either. He looks like nothing special till the fite gets going.

I’ve done this successfully once and it was hard. You have to have complete cooperation from the other players with not even one person ignoring chat. You need a commander use to fighting bosses.

You stand in the corner up the cliff ledge and have one person kite the boss to where all can attack. Stay up on that hill so adds don’t do as much damage.

Don’t attack the adds they just respawn?? – possibly in greater numbers (small skeletons)??

HP is high and it takes a long time to kill. You’ll have to raise your dead often so stand in a very tight circle around the tag commander and get your dead up quick. DO NOT SEPARATE FROM THE GROUP (unless you are the kite).

Oh, and no aoe unless it’s water/healz aoe.

(edited by Drow.2081)

2015 Halloween Guide

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You stand in the corner up the cliff ledge and have one person kite the boss to where all can attack. Stay up on that hill so adds don’t do as much damage.

Don’t attack the adds they just respawn?? – possibly in greater numbers (small skeletons)??

Let me add some important info.

The Lich has a personal AoE attack that he fires off every so often. For every one of your allies that it hits (including pets, minions, and other summons), he makes a minion. These minions shout to grant retaliation, regen, protection, and quickness, which quickly stacks up. Hitting these minions with AoE without stripping off the retaliation is a death sentence.

Leaving the minions is a judgment call. The Lich can destroy them to heal itself. If you need to turn your attention to them, try to kill onlu one or two at a time.

2015 Halloween Guide

Posted by: Hazelaar.5720

Hazelaar.5720

Thanks for the video! It answered a lot of the questions I had about how the event worked.

2015 Halloween Guide

Drow.2081

Yeah. In a nut shell:

NO PETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gawd I hope people read that (sobs).

2015 Halloween Guide

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Oh, and no aoe unless it’s water/healz aoe.

Hmm, and here I thought that all the many times I have been in zergs that successfully killed the Lich, it was because the tightly stacked players on that cliff corner meant that all the adds would also spawn tightly packed, where a nice big burst of AoE damage from all those tightly stacked players could kill the adds before they could buff up their retaliation.

Sure, boon stripping helps if your group doesn’t have enough AoE damage to kill all the adds in time, and so does AoE heal/regen/cleanse. But the key always seemed to me to stack tightly, stow your pets, and to burn down those adds before they could buff each other.