25 stacks of might

25 stacks of might

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Which classes (other than elementalist) can grant themselves 25 stacks of might permanent?

25 stacks of might

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Warrior, greatsword crit, share might to party.
Guard, f1 might, party might on crit, staff skill.
Engy, blasts, traited flamerthrower (~5 constant), hgh.

More info at: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might

If you’re looking for mass might stacks the war greatsword and guard f1 plus traited to recharge on kill gives massive might stacks in group content like the labyrinth.

25 stacks of might

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Every profession can stack 20-25 Might. Some make it easier than others, but every profession ‘can’.

25 stacks of might

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Every profession can stack 20-25 Might. Some make it easier than others, but every profession ‘can’.

I’d be interested to see you list the methods (without the use of Sigils and Runes (duration)) that EACH class can use to SELF apply 25 stacks of MIGHT (and I’m sure the OP would like to see them as well).

OP is not talking about cooperative stacking of boons, but self application.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

25 stacks of might

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

I’d be interested to see you list the methods (without the use of Sigils and Runes (duration)) that EACH class can use to SELF apply 25 stacks of MIGHT (and I’m sure the OP would like to see them as well).

im not going to defend is basic assertion, but he never said “without runes or sigils”.

Anyway, zerg mob event farming on my engineer with FT with a sigil of strength I sit at 12-13 might passively (no field/finisher combos).

25 stacks of might

Tman.6349

‘No runes or sigils’ was never stated or implied. Not using duration runes severely limits your options anyway. Even for the best might stacking builds make use of them. Every profession can achieve 25 might through various means.

25 stacks of might

Brother Grimm.5176

Discounting that duration runes have NOTHING to do with Might generating options (just if you can get to and maintain 25 stacks by yourself), you keep saying every class can do it, but fail to give genuine examples that would be practical to actually use in the game.

I don’t disagree that some classes make this easy as pie (Ele, Engie, Warrior), but some have a tough time generating ANY Might by themselves without Sigils (Necro, Mesmer).

My point is your claim that EVERY class can do this “easily” is an exaggeration. Certainly some can, but not all.

Hey, I could be wrong in my understanding of how some classes can do this….enlighten me.

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

25 stacks of might

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

In the case of necro, if you trait for might in DS (one stack of might per DS1 attack), as well as trait for a DS build in general (for the slower drain of lifeforce), you can stack up that way, and then use Blood is Power (10 stacks of might).

25 stacks of might

Tman.6349

Discounting that duration runes have NOTHING to do with Might generating options (just if you can get to and maintain 25 stacks by yourself), you keep saying every class can do it, but fail to give genuine examples that would be practical to actually use in the game.

I don’t disagree that some classes make this easy as pie (Ele, Engie, Warrior), but some have a tough time generating ANY Might by themselves without Sigils (Necro, Mesmer).

My point is your claim that EVERY class can do this “easily” is an exaggeration. Certainly some can, but not all.

Hey, I could be wrong in my understanding of how some classes can do this….enlighten me.

The duration of the might you apply has everything to do with your ability to maintain it up to 25 stacks. Sigils were never ‘off the table’ so I don’t see why you repeat that. It’s not necessary. I’m not going to post all the possible builds for different professions to produce 25 might stacks on themselves. There are too many and I don’t have the will.

At Op, if you want a might stacking build for a specific profession, I’ll oblige ya.

25 stacks of might

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

chuckle worthy

every class easily hmm.. perhaps with food, sigil, runes, 10-15 meh thinks.

orcourse thats only with enemies.

only ele/engi can truly do it solo (as in with no assistance from enemies)
war can do i think about 6-12ish solo

everything else needs enemies

as per permanent I think only the warrior can do that and for that he needs an infinite suppy of enemies.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

25 stacks of might

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

This thread reads like, help me start a new nurf thread. Hopefully I’m wrong.

25 stacks of might

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Guard can do 15 without any enemies easy

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

25 stacks of might

DonQuack.9025

I often forget staff exists for guards.

25 stacks of might

Brother Grimm.5176

chuckle worthy

every class easily hmm.. perhaps with food, sigil, runes, 10-15 meh thinks.

orcourse thats only with enemies.

only ele/engi can truly do it solo (as in with no assistance from enemies)
war can do i think about 6-12ish solo

everything else needs enemies

as per permanent I think only the warrior can do that and for that he needs an infinite suppy of enemies.

Exactly….I wasn’t asking for nobody to use Runes or Sigils, just requesting that those making the claims of how “easy” this is to give actual game-play examples for each class that don’t include Battle Sigils and swapping weapons as quickly as possible as your means to do so.

As stated, this is “easy” for some classes, not so much for others (and I’m not suggesting it should be “easy” for ANY classes and certainly not for ALL classes).

25 stacks of might

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Hmm yeah, Might… hope I’m right:

Warriors with Might on GS trait, FGJ and Signet of Rage can get 25 stacks without runes,
Firefield on Longbow, blast finisher on Longbow

Ele’s can spawn firefields and blast them several times. 15-21 stacks should be easy
Firefields are found mostly on fire attunement,
scepter/dagger provides a big number of blasts, arcane blast and arcane brilliance can be added.,
also trait: pyromancer’s puisance, 1 might for each fire spell.

Guardian with staff can precast 12 stacks using empower,
they also have a trait which allows for might on crit, and to share might as well.
acces to firefield

Engineer ???? I do not know as I use my engineer as a Mule, as i didn’t find it an interesting class. acces to firefield

Necro can stack might: Blood is Power (10 stacks), signet mastery 3 on each signet
Might on Death Shroud skill 1
NO acces to firefields

Ranger can
Aoe 1 stack of might with warhorn,
stack might with the axe
receive it from pets during Rampage as One,
traits give:
3stacks on signets,
each crit you make could give might to pet.
Does have acces to firefields

Thieves
can trait 1 stack of might on dodge ,
5 might on signet activation,
might when stealing ,
might going into stealth,
might when applying venom
No access to firefields

Mesmers… well most come from traits OR staff skill 1 but you’ll not get 25 stacks… no firefields If I’m right

Of course you have food that gives
- one might on dodge,
- 3 might on heal
- might on kill

Sigils:
Sigil of strength, on crit 10 s, CD 1s, amount depends on speed of attacks and crit chance, 5+ is easy
sigil of battle, on swap 3 might 20 s?, changing attuments also works, same for kits

Runes:
Altruism, healing, gives might and fury on heal use
Aristocrat, condi dmg and might duration, gives 3 might on heal 10s CD
Antitoxin, when you get poisoned or tormented => 5 might,10 s 20sec CD
Brawler, power / toughness, 3 might on heal 10s CD
Fire, power and might duration, gives a might on hit (5s CD)
Hoelbrak, power and might duration, gives a might on hit (5s long CD)
Pack, power and swiftness duration, gives a might, fury and swiftness on hit (20s CD)
Privateer, power and might duration, gives 3 might on hit (5s long CD)
Strength, power and might duration, gives a might on hit (5s CD) increased dmg when under influence of might

I couldn’t remember more, maybe you should check the wiki under might..

IMHO
- With gear and food, warrior, guardian, necro, ele, should be able to get 25 stacks
- Without gear and food Warior, guardian and ele should be able to do so
- Engineer i do not know
- Hybrids (builds relying on BOTH condition dmg and power) are the ones benefitting the most from might: gaining a max of 875 power/875 condition dmg if they can hold the stacks. Transforming them from generally “subpar” builds to builds which combine a lightly buffed power with a lightly buffed conditions character.

IMHO 3000 power and 2000 condition dmg hybrids are achievable on necro’s and warriors, with banners and food a bit more maybe… problem is most weapons dealing conditions scale bad with power…

All values are about lvl 80 food/armor/runes and dedicated builds using specific traits.
My memory isn’t perfect, check everything on wiki’s before you make to many assumptions.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

25 stacks of might

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Engy has:
Bomb and Flamethrower fire fields though the latter is smaller. Both utilities also come with a blast finisher.
Shield has a blast, hit 4 twice.
Thumper turret activated is a blast iirc.
Self-destructing a turret also causes a blast.
Supply Crate causes a blast when used.

May be missing something, takes effort to blast with engies ^.^

25 stacks of might

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Throw mine/detonate, rocket boots, and rumble (from using thumper turret), too. Engies have a plethora of fields and finishers.

25 stacks of might

DonQuack.9025

just reiterate. other than ele and engi I think all others need access to enemies to get to 25

25 stacks of might

Tman.6349

The OP didn’t exclude enemies either. What would be the point of worrying about might outside of a combat scenario anyway?

@Pax: Against a single target a Mesmer can maintain 6-12 (with good bounces) stacks just from Mirror Blade with a traited GS and some Boon Duration. There are also Might on Shatters and others. A Mesmer running Assassins (Reflect/whatever) gear with GS can proc Strength Sigil very reliably with just the AA for 8-10+ might from the sigil alone.
5/4/0/0/5 GS/Sw+F Assassin’s Mesmer with Strength Runes/Sigils, for instance, can get you there.

There is a way with every profession.

(edited by Tman.6349)

25 stacks of might

DonQuack.9025

@Tman

Nor did he ask about 6-12 might. I simply offered relevant information.

Worry about might outside a combat scenario?

I dunno prestacking might? You know that stuff before the combat scenario starts?

25 stacks of might

Tman.6349

He didn’t ask what professions could prestack might. Try reading the OP again.

Never did I say anything about only 6-12 stacks of might either.

Also, prestacking might implies a combat scenario anyway.

(edited by Tman.6349)