265/266 vistas. Advice?

265/266 vistas. Advice?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

Title. I’m at the end of my wits. I’ve revisited and checked off all the pve areas and have gotten all the vistas from wvw. Just can’t seem to find the last vista. Any idea what’s up?

265/266 vistas. Advice?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

One thing you can try is put your pointer (under options) to Hide Events and Personal Story. Then systematically go to every map, including WvW, and see if it points it out for you. It will also point out any uncovered map areas without vistas, POIs, hearts, etc so you may need to clear those also before it points out a vista.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

265/266 vistas. Advice?

Posted by: Ghost.5296

Ghost.5296

What about the cities?

You might have to go through the checklist again: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_completion/table
Perhaps screenshot every map as you check them off, so if it is indeed a bug, you can submit a ticket.

Good luck

265/266 vistas. Advice?

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

If you bring your mouse over the name of the maps counting toward map completion you’ll see what you completed in the area…
No need to actually go to the place…

265/266 vistas. Advice?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

In my experience, Malchor’s Leap has two vistas that can be easily missed, because they are located in edges of the map that are only uncovered by swimming far out of the coast. Try the sea on the north edge and see if you uncover “Malchor’s Fingers” with a vista. The far west of the map should have something similar (although my memory of that part is hazier).

265/266 vistas. Advice?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

If you bring your mouse over the name of the maps counting toward map completion you’ll see what you completed in the area…

^This!

I also had a bug once whilst I was map completing in WvW. I interacted with a vista to complete the map (it was the last thing I needed in that borderland) but for some reason the World Map and icons were still showing 7/8 even though all of the vista icons on this map were “filled in”. It certainly wasn’t just me going crazy: my bf was watching me the whole time and thought it was equally bizarre.

It took a couple of minutes for the game to recognise that I had indeed interacted with the vista, and then everything was fine.

Considering this has only happened to me once out of my many times of exploring, I don’t really know how to avoid it or to solve it apart from maybe just interacting with the vista again.

Chances are you’ve missed it out in a map, or it could possibly be a new Vista introduced through the LS in the original maps (I know there are plenty of new POIs). If it makes you feel any better, I know how frustrating it is to be so close to finishing something and then get hung up by something so small and seemingly insignificant

265/266 vistas. Advice?

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Want to emphasize this because it will save you a lot of money from Waypoints.