600 karma for dailies?

600 karma for dailies?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

What was in your mind A-net for lowering the karma reward from over 400 to only 600 karma? Do you think you will make the 1h/day player spend more time grinding events?
I guess not. Our time is limited by means independent from us so we can’t change thet so we play your game more.
The karma exotic armor is the one people like me were after not some stupid legendary.
Or the karma weapons.
Now you just kittened it all op.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

You still get lots of karma from doing events, WvW, etc. You also receive Luck for the Dailies so they reduced karma.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

Kaema was too easy to get. Now it’s too hard to get…

By soing this they’re basically sticking their middle finger up to any casual players who want a legendary.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

They’re now just saying: Players, if you want karma, stop failing events on purpose!‘’ they don’t longer reward us for failing events which in my opinion is a good thing.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

600 karma for dailies?

Ronah.2869

They’re now just saying: Players, if you want karma, stop failing events on purpose!‘’ they don’t longer reward us for failing events which in my opinion is a good thing.

People failed events due to two reasons.
1) They prefer to farm foes due to certain event failure
2) They are alone and are not able to finish the event.
Punishing people for playing the game as they want is not a good move from ANet

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

In the past people had HUGE amounts of karma, personally I have over a million and I never farmed karma. Not only that, I have already bought tons of stuff with it in the past and took a long 7month break in between. I’ve heard of people that had 10m+ karma, they simply added some value to it because there was not much to it in the past. Whether they have pushed it too far or not, I don’t know. We’ll find out what other karma rewards we will get in the future. For now I think it’s an ok amount.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

In the past people had HUGE amounts of karma, personally I have over a million and I never farmed karma. Not only that, I have already bought tons of stuff with it in the past and took a long 7month break in between. I’ve heard of people that had 10m+ karma, they simply added some value to it because there was not much to it in the past. Whether they have pushed it too far or not, I don’t know. We’ll find out what other karma rewards we will get in the future. For now I think it’s an ok amount.

True, I have/had a lot of karma. ~1.2 mil before I drank any of the consumables I was saving for the past 10 or so months. Over the weekend, while boosted, I got to ~4.2 mil karma, and got about 2,050-2,300 orrian boxes (spent about 9mil total). I’m just glad I saved 1 mil left over.

I didn’t expect karma acquisition to get this low. I don’t remember if all the mini games give the same karma rewards or not, but playing a game of southsun survival last night gave me as much karma as doing the daily. And the monthly only gives 6,000 karma. I just feel bad for people who are joining now or who don’t have karma lying around. 20k for a single recipe and taking out the obbi shards from SAB, and throwing them in for ascended refinement is going to eat up karma even for people not going for a legendary.

600 karma for dailies?

Wallace MacBix.2089

People failed events due to two reasons.
1) They prefer to farm foes due to certain event failure
2) They are alone and are not able to finish the event.
Punishing people for playing the game as they want is not a good move from ANet

I’ll agree to you on number 2. But I say no to number 1. They should just remove the champ bags from them (if you’re referring to whatever event in Orr that people have been fail farming) like they did with claw.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: YellowFrighten.1208

YellowFrighten.1208

The issue isn’t that they just nerfed events but they lowered karma gain in dailies, monthlies, and I don’t think I have seen one drip of karma drop from a champ bag. So it was a triple wammy which was stupid because I need 160 more shards haha.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: Kalastraer.8264

Kalastraer.8264

600 is nothing, i got a ton ready for when i get my mes to 80 to buy that chick some gear! also its a fix to people purposely failing events. <3 you anet.

600 karma for dailies?

Wallace MacBix.2089

The issue isn’t that they just nerfed events but they lowered karma gain in dailies, monthlies, and I don’t think I have seen one drip of karma drop from a champ bag. So it was a triple wammy which was stupid because I need 160 more shards haha.

They removed karma from champ bags and from dungeons and replaced them with ascended mats. The mini games still award karma though, I forgot how much crab toss gave yesterday, but 2 days ago southsun survival gave 600 – the same as the daily.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: SorenTrigg.5614

SorenTrigg.5614

Kaema was too easy to get. Now it’s too hard to get…

By soing this they’re basically sticking their middle finger up to any casual players who want a legendary.

Legendaries aren’t really for casual players. They are an achievement of a crap load of hard work. You are supposed to work hard to get one.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My guess it’s for multiple reasons. To encourage people to go out in the world and do events, to discourage people from deliberately failing events, to slow down the huge stockpiling of karma and to slow down making Legendaries. I’ve gotten the impression they thought making a Legendary would take much longer for most people and they are trying to bring it in line with their expectations.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

It now takes 7.5 Dailies to get the same as 1 former Daily (all of these do not include events etc done during it). Our new monthly karma reward used to take 1.33 repeating Dailies to get (all of these are unmodified as well). What we used to get for the Monthly used to take 10 Dailies. Now it takes 75 to get that. What we used to get from one monthly now takes 7.5 Monthlies to get. These numbers are not pulled out of a hat. This is overkill nerfing.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So now 75% of a player’s karma doesn’t come from daily and monthly jugs x boosters.

I think they noticed players buying 100s of Lost Orr Jewelry Boxes looking to turn it into coin. And with the wallet putting karma into one spot for all characters, it’s easier to afford Orr Temple armors on the character you’re playing than before.

Nobody likes a “pay” cut but Karma doesn’t have the sink that coin has with TP fees.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

600 karma for dailies?

Ronah.2869

It now takes 7.5 Dailies to get the same as 1 former Daily (all of these do not include events etc done during it). Our new monthly karma reward used to take 1.33 repeating Dailies to get (all of these are unmodified as well). What we used to get for the Monthly used to take 10 Dailies. Now it takes 75 to get that. What we used to get from one monthly now takes 7.5 Monthlies to get. These numbers are not pulled out of a hat. This is overkill nerfing.

Agreed. This is overkill nerfing. The karma armor and items were the only ones affordable for people who have time to play only the dailies.
The further away from personal reach the goals go, the more people will find an incentive to play another game.

600 karma for dailies?

Posted by: Gooz Nooz.2960

Gooz Nooz.2960

I’m going for my legendary too and i am bone dry on karma. My solution to the whole karma thing is to increase karma u get from events e.g. from 300 to lets say 500 and re add karma to dungeons. This way people can get their karma from doing events and dungeons the way it should be and without it feeling too slow.