8 80s - What to do now?

8 80s - What to do now?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: sorrow.4628

sorrow.4628

Q:

So now that I have eight level eighty characters (one of each class), what is there to do?

I’ve been playing since beta — done map completion, dungeons, master crafter, events, been a guild leader, done guild events, special events, other pve, spvp, tpvp, and a million hours of wvw (yes, a slight exaggeration), etc…

WvW was obviously my favorite, but now that they’ve added wxp and made it so that it’s per character, that pretty much kills the idea of having multiple toons, since working on your ranks would have to be done per character — unlike spvp, where you can get titles and the benefits of using all of your toons, you have to work on each toon separately. Horrid idea.

Anyway, I’m looking for recommendations and ideas on new things to do in GW2 to keep it fresh and keep me playing.

Can anyone throw any good ideas at me?

Thanks!

sorrow – [PiN]
maguuma

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I know you said you don’t like the thought of having to wvw on different characters but wouldn’t that actually be something to do with your 80s? Especially since you like it.

It’s just a question, not trying to start anything.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Now that you’ve gotten them all to 80, it’s time to do L80 content with them!

I, personally, use different characters for specific different parts of the game. For instance, my Warrior is my Commander, my Necromancer is my Fractal runner, my Guardian is my dungeon runner, my Ranger is my farmer for certain things, and so forth. That sort of role specificity has helped keep the game fun for someone with so many alts, and it helps keep me from being screwed by character-bound things like Fractal level and WXP.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

well if your guild has enough influences or needs help you could help raise some gold?
then you can do guild missions, puzzles, bounties from influences gethered!
what would you like to do with your guild members

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I have 11 because I’m crazy. I made 1 of each class and 3 WvW focused characters.

I focus on about 4-5 seriously, use 5 to harvest ori nodes/elder wood, and leave my ranger and necro in the dark

What do I do? Dungeons, WvW, and chill in guild chat and help out when needed. I use dailies to focus on my map completion on the 4 or 5 I take seriously.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

So now that I have eight level eighty characters (one of each class), what is there to do?

I’ve been playing since beta — done map completion, dungeons, master crafter, events, been a guild leader, done guild events, special events, other pve, spvp, tpvp, and a million hours of wvw (yes, a slight exaggeration), etc…

WvW was obviously my favorite, but now that they’ve added wxp and made it so that it’s per character, that pretty much kills the idea of having multiple toons, since working on your ranks would have to be done per character — unlike spvp, where you can get titles and the benefits of using all of your toons, you have to work on each toon separately. Horrid idea.

Anyway, I’m looking for recommendations and ideas on new things to do in GW2 to keep it fresh and keep me playing.

Can anyone throw any good ideas at me?

Thanks!

I think your done…… LOL

I can’t even bein to imagine how long it took you to do all that.

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Look for employment irl?

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Go outside? spring is here…. well almost here.

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Sam.6483

Sam.6483

Look for employment irl?

That thing “employment” was what the working class is suppoused to do?

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Makes me happy that my play style is soooo slow when it comes to progression in games. No matter how much I play, and I do play alot, I never really get to the point where you guys are lol.

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Well, I am working on the “Scout” title for my Ranger, then it will be time to look at other role specific WvW titles.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

The answer is, obviously, to get more characters to 80!

My goal at the moment is to have a max level character of every race, armor class, and gender, so roughly 30 level 80 characters.

I love making and leveling alts. :P

Anyway, the serious answer would be… well, take a break. I finished leveling my first set of 80’s about three months ago and found I was more relieved than excited. After puttering around for a bit and farming here and there for my Legendary, I decided I was burned out and set the game aside for awhile. I came back to enjoy Wintersday briefly, but didn’t play any content seriously.

I just came back for real at the beginning of March and fell in love with it all over again. I was actually excited to play it again and started up a whole new batch of alts.

Since this is a free game, that’s kind of the way it’s set up. They’re constantly making new content, so it seems like it’s expected that you’ll drop off for awhile, only to come back when something occurs that renews your interest.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

play sPvP where the PvP is actually decent.

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Geez 8 and 11 lvl 80s. Sounds like u guy need to get out of the basement and get some physical activies.

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Vawn.3041

Vawn.3041

The answer is, obviously, to get more characters to 80!

My goal at the moment is to have a max level character of every race, armor class, and gender, so roughly 30 level 80 characters.

Don’t do it, dude! If Anet ever announces a raise of the level cap, here’s what will happen (Skip to 0:27). The guy in the garden is going to be you, and I imagine it will be embarrassing explaining later to your friends and family what triggered it. And if any of them post about it, you will become an “Internet celebrity”. You don’t want that.

Anet: Level cap…a’ hunnit! Who the dog is?!
MikeRocks: (does the guy at 0:27)
Anet earns 97exp and 47 bonus exp. (FF fanfare plays, just because)

You don’t want to rock like that, Mike. You don’t want to rock like that.

-Vawn, saving you from becoming an Internet Celebrity

P.S.: For kitten’s sake, someone give that man in the video an Emmy!

(edited by Vawn.3041)

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Get all of them the world exploration star.
That should keep you busy for a while.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: dispear.5063

dispear.5063

super adventure box of course!

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

I have 7 80s. Will be 8 soon enough. I don’t think I’ll be questioning myself about what to do when I hit 8 80s. I always have something to do in GW2.

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Dicey Garlics.3918

Dicey Garlics.3918

I am thinking the same thing too.. I have 13 level 80’s and 17 character slots for pvp. 2 legendaries and a bunch of titles, still missing some but im too lazy to do them.

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I assume all your 80’s are fully decked out in exotic/ascended gear? Try working out different builds for your toons, getting them a second set of armor/weap/trinkets :p There’s always a “flavor of the month” build for each class.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You have weapon master title? All the slayer titles? Killing 1000 giants will keep you busy for a bit. ^^

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

The best I can suggest is to wait for new content to come out. You essentially gone through all the games content faster than the average player and from what I can gather from your post you already exhausted all the things in game you had an interest in trying.

It can be hard to pace yourself though so I don’t blame you. I’ve played 2600 hours since launch and so far I only really exhausted myself with dungeons and wvw. I just started getting into tPvP finally and I only have 3 level 80’s (I love my mesmer too much!).

As for good ideas, theorycrafting is fun. You have 8 level 80’s why not go crazy and try out all kind of different builds for them? You can get quite a variety of play styles out of that and experience the game in new ways. I find that getting a character to level 80 doesn’t at all mean you understand the profession very well. My elementalist is level 80 and I’m still largely clueless in comparison to my mesmer and thief.

There’s of course the usual of completing achievements, gear sets, legendaries etc. I’m sure you already considered all this though. You could even try RP? I have no idea what that is like in this game though. Another good way to keep yourself going is to help out other players, take some newcomers into a dungeon and take the time to teach them the mechanics properly or in WvW. That kind of thing.

As I said, new content is released at a steady rate, every couple months something is new in the game so don’t feel bad about taking a break and do something else for a while so when you come back you have a fresh outlook on things and there will be new things to do.

(Also don’t forget to do all the super adventure box achievements!)

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

8 80s - What to do now?

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Firstly, congratulations.

Secondly, if you really love WvW, keep doing it. WXP sucks (and I agree that it should either have not been added, or at least made account-bound), but in the end, it really doesn’t change much. These sort of things matter only if you let them matter. Think of it just as a side-effect of playing rather than a goal.

I don’t know how you feel about PvE, but if you need a break from WvW, I recommend challenging yourself in dungeons or even difficult open-world content. Try to learn how to solo dungeons on each of your classes, or group with a good friend and duo. You’ll be surprised at what you’re capable of if you keep challenging yourself. Just be prepared to get zapped a lot before you pin down the mechanics of each fight.

Otherwise, I’d second MikeRocks on taking a break. Try to recognize when you get burned out- when you’re playing because you feel you HAVE to play rather than because you want to play. GW2 won’t leave you in the dust- it’ll be right where you left it when you come back.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread