A Hero Returns... and needs some help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Legion.3614

Legion.3614

So I got the game at launch and got myself to 43 before my computer broke and then I had midterms, then finals… basically life stopped me from playing GW2 til recently. My question (and problem) is that the main draw for me is the personal quests but because I do them consecutively I’m underleveled and die. So what would be the quickest way for me to get to 80 so I can enjoy the personal story and then begin endgame content and the Living World content? Also would it be possible for a level 43 to just level in the Fractals or is that endgame content, I saw something about players being scaled to 80 and thought I’d ask.

Thanks for the help!

Ascalon shall be reborn in us!

(edited by Legion.3614)

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Some on top of my head:

43 can run AC. Run AC.
Do heart quests.
If your server is active on WvWvW, participate.
Crafting (expensive though)

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: overlow.2980

overlow.2980

As you are doing your first toon I’d suggest doing WvW (in case your server is active in it) and go there, as almost everything you do in WvW is counted as events leveling there is quite fast so join a zerk and you’ll lvl up quite fast. As far as hearts go they don’t actually give that much xp for time spend than doing events does.

Another alternative is doing dungeons (well AC particuar but any dungeon you can enter will do) as they give 70% of xp required to lvl as dungeon reward and you kill lot of stuff inside it is atleast almost a level per dungeon run

Crafting would be good option too but rather expensive, but still viable if you have gathered some materials be sure to craft them to get even little xp for that

Also keep in mind that finding anything new gets you a bit of xp so worst thing you can do is beat down mobs on a single area.

(edited by overlow.2980)

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

First toon to 80?

Map and leave the PS for last, that’s how I do it on my newer alts, the world is beautiful, focus on this and run around doing tasks here and there, look for dynamic events or funny characters….

LS up lvl’s you so that shoudn’t be a problem, if you are in a T1/T2 server WvW Karma Train Friday is your place to be

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

Also to answer your other question, you do get scaled up to 80 for the living story content, so if you want to go to zephyr’s sanctum and check it out, you should be able to do so without too much trouble. You’re also scaled to 80 for WvW.

Good luck!

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

And you can also do fractals up to level 10 (fractal level 10), and it is a very good way to get new gear as you level up. It will be hard to find a group, though, as most of the people think you have to be level 80 to do fractals…

Legion.3614

Thanks for all the advice! I’m on Emry Bay is that a big WvW server? Also is there a place I can post to find a group that would be filling to do fractals with a level 43? And if I were to run AC would it be story mode or explore?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Thanks for all the advice! I’m on Emry Bay is that a big WvW server? Also is there a place I can post to find a group that would be filling to do fractals with a level 43? And if I were to run AC would it be story mode or explore?

http://gw2lfg.com/ You might want to start your own group and note that you are lv43. If someone joins, they know what they are getting into. If you are also unfamiliar with the dungeon, make note of that too.

You want explorable mode.

Legion.3614

http://gw2lfg.com/ You might want to start your own group and note that you are lv43. If someone joins, they know what they are getting into. If you are also unfamiliar with the dungeon, make note of that too.

You want explorable mode.

Ok thanks a ton!