A trap from last patch

A trap from last patch

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nobushige.3254

Nobushige.3254

A trap from last patch-be careful with your transmuted weapon

I think everyone started to salvage your fine/masterwork loots to get Essene of luck

from last patch. The system stopped asking confirmation for salvaging masterwork

weapons.

Unfortunately, i transmuted my infinite light from my Mesmer to Warrior recently.

Even though the name of the weapon is still show as an exotic weapon, you will still

salvage it by one click without any confirmation. Especially for weapon like infinite

light because the icon of it looks just like any fine/masterwork sword. I just don’t

wanna see anyone falling in the same trap like me:( .

So go transmute your important weapon to rare/exotic at

least. If it still stay as a fine/masterwork it is very easy to salvage it by mistake.

Arena net will not offer you a restoration or exchange for your weapon.

Below are the responds i got from GM( i have asked again for restoration so there are two

responds)

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

We are sorry to hear you salvaged the Infinite Light by mistake. While we would like to be able to offer you a restoration or exchange for your weapon, at this time we are unable to make these kinds of adjustments to characters under the situation you have described. I’m sorry that there’s not more that we can do in this case.

Thank you for contacting us back.

I understand the way you are feeling about this matter, however, as we stated we are not able to restore individual items for the situation that you described. While we understand that you would have preferred to receive a different answer to your request, we must reiterate that we are unable to fulfill your request

I hope this post is not too late to alert people who didn’t know this yet

SoR player

Main character:Hector T

A trap from last patch

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I knew they took the confirmation off salvaging Greens (due to repeated pleading by the community, I will add), but didn’t consider the situation your mention. Thanks for the heads up and I will keep your warning in mind.

It is possible that a suggestion needs to be made for a change to how the salvage warning looks at an item before displaying. The text is still +YELLOW on the transmuted item so there must be SOME way for the game to know the item is still Rare or better and display the warning dialog.

I’m thinking that if the transmuted item was merged with a white item (often the case when changing from Soulbound to Account Bound), this would have been an issue even before the most recent patch….or did the patch change what the warning dialog “looks at” on an item being salvaged?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

A trap from last patch

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

I think (someone correct me if I’m wrong) you can ask for a single character rollback per account.
However it’s probably best reserved for more drastic situations (eg account hack, or deleting an alt with a legendary).

A trap from last patch

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I will never salvage ever again.

:(.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.