A way to see dungeon paths you have done?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

I’m trying to get the dungeon master title yet I have no idea which paths I’ve done at which dungeons already.

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

I’m afraid there is no list in game of which paths you’ve done. Checking to see if you’ve done story mode is easy enough as you can’t open explorable without doing story but for explorable paths your best bet is to check the wiki to see if any of it rings a bell. Failing that the only way to go is to do all the paths.

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

In the dungeon thread, over a year ago a dev responded to this exact same question. I remember it because it got bumped a few months back and gave everyone a chuckle.

In it the dev said they would look into it provided it didn’t clash with the UI. I guess it clashed -.-

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

He was actually fired RIP R. Hrouda The dungeon team was also scrapped. The living story dungeon was responsible for the TA Aetherpath and the ‘bug fixes’ are being done by just a general team I would imagine.

As of now there is no dedicated dungeon team.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

That’s a shame guess I’ll just run all the paths.

Why did they fire that dev?

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Creative differences was the impression I got.

His last post was deleted, but if your really curious go to the dungeon forum and ask, I know a few of them saved it.

In any event he’d left a comment that was along the lines of he’d envisioned himself creating an elaborate challenging dungeon that people would remember and talk about for years to come.

Instead he was stuck doing trivial Living Story content.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

You can use something like this for now:
http://tinyurl.com/dungeontool

until anet actually decides to implement something like this. I know I also forget I already ran a path and accidentally do it again (that sucks).

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Most of the time each path of a dungeon has a distinctive story.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

You can use something like this for now:
http://tinyurl.com/dungeontool

until anet actually decides to implement something like this. I know I also forget I already ran a path and accidentally do it again (that sucks).

So what happens if you can’t remember which path you’ve completed? This really is no better than writing something down on a bit of scrap paper or using a sticky note on windows. Only Anet can tell you which ones you actually have done.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

ah.. sorry, didn’t read the OP closely enough. thought he meant on a daily basis. finding which dungeons/paths you are missing for the ‘dungeon master’ title is actually easier than this. Go to the achievements tab where you find the ‘dungeons master’ title (Dungeons -> Tyria) from here you can see which dungeons you have completed and how many paths you have left to do for each (total of 4, except Arah). Like someone said earlier, a good way to check if story is one of the paths you have done is to see if you can open explorable mode. That leaves 3 explorable paths, though you have no idea which ones individually you have done. Usually you will remember if a path from a dungeon took longer than usual, this is probably one of the least run paths (examples: se p2, cof p3, arah p4). Also, if you can remember specific details or encounters from a path you ran, you can use the wiki to find out which path that was.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

ah.. sorry, didn’t read the OP closely enough. thought he meant on a daily basis. finding which dungeons/paths you are missing for the ‘dungeon master’ title is actually easier than this. Go to the achievements tab where you find the ‘dungeons master’ title (Dungeons -> Tyria) from here you can see which dungeons you have completed and how many paths you have left to do for each (total of 4, except Arah). Like someone said earlier, a good way to check if story is one of the paths you have done is to see if you can open explorable mode. That leaves 3 explorable paths, though you have no idea which ones individually you have done. Usually you will remember if a path from a dungeon took longer than usual, this is probably one of the least run paths (examples: se p2, cof p3, arah p4). Also, if you can remember specific details or encounters from a path you ran, you can use the wiki to find out which path that was.

http://gw2dungeons.net/ is probably better than the wiki for that since it goes into all the details of doing each path.