Accidently Sold Starting Equipment

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Stormwave.8905

Stormwave.8905

I’m an engineer and accidently sold my eagle eye goggles. I really want them back, but they weren’t in the buyback menu a few minutes after I sold them.

Is there, at any point in the game, a similar pair that can be made / bought that an engineer can use? I really liked the look of them, and intended to transmute them to make them more useful.

I made a support ticket to see if I can get a new pair, but I’m not holding my breath.

Posted by: ozymandias.5317

ozymandias.5317

Are they soul bound? If not, and you have a free character slot, you could try rolling another engineer, selecting the goggles, and then placing them in your bank. If they aren’t soul bound then your existing engineer should be able to retrieve them from the bank.

I’d be interested to know if this works, so please reply back with your success or failure!

—Trikk

http://trikktheasura.wordpress.com
or follow me on twitter @trikktheasura
Trikke <Sorrows Children> [SRRW] — Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Zoul.1087

Zoul.1087

They will be worthless within the first hour. Items become obsolete very quickly. Just ask a friendly player to craft a pair or get a new pair.

No point in filing a support ticket.. seems trivial.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

I hope you are able to find a resolution, either through gm help or otherwise. Some professions do have unique armors like guardian shoulders etc. So far I have not seen any that look similar. same would go for engineer items. (i personally love the backpack). The wiki doesn’t have any other goggles either. I’ll post back if I find out anything.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I made some errors like that, myself. The gear is outgrown, so replace it. Only to find that it was a look you’d like to use transmutation stones to wear going forward.

I don’t know ways to replace, and the other graphics of pve gear is pretty horrible til 35+

Posted by: Plagueheart.4219

Plagueheart.4219

I also accidentaly sold my Conqueror’r mantle (guardian starting shoulders) and i really wanted to transmute them =/

Posted by: Belcross.6127

Belcross.6127

I’ve ended up selling many items I wanted to transmute by accident. I also salvage many on accident too when I go on salvage sprees. ;(

Posted by: nictib.6095

nictib.6095

If anyone sells items to NPCS, they usually have a “buyback” option. It allows you re-buy items you sold to the NPC. Just keep that in mind if you accidentally sell something again!

Server: Henge of Denravi
Order of Sunspears [Suns]