Aetherblade diving goggles

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

Hello all,
I have been working to get the dive master achievement and like many people I am stuck at 37/38. Yes, I know where the last pair is, I have tried the jump, at the time of this writing, seven times. I can’t seem to complete the jump in the Not So Secret JP without dying. I emailed Anet, and, after pressing them a second time, it was suggested that I post in the defunct ‘suggestions’ forum. I guess I was hoping someone could give me some advice or, even better, Anet to make the dive more possible. Yes, I have watched the videos, more times than I care to count.
Anet, I polled every (active) member of my guild, one person has done the jump successfully, after 30 tries. Does that sound at all enjoyable to you?

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Tried it. Hated it. Didn’t bother with it again.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This one is undoubtedly the most difficult of all the diving goggle jumps. There’s not much I can advise apart from knowing where exactly to jump. You need to jump off the right side of the “blue pillars”, and take only a short hop. (A lot of failures I see come from people trying to do a long jump, or dodge rolling back off the platform. Points for style, but that will get you killed.)

Even after hopping off, you’ll still need to make a few corrections in mid air to ensure you land in the pipe safely. If you have a Mesmer buddy who can make the jump and portal you back up if you fail, that will help a lot.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I stopped even trying to get the goggle achievement after trying that jump quite a few times. It made the whole thing no longer fun.

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

If I remember correctly the best way to do it is to not even jump, but to simply run off the correct side.

Still, it’s a terrible dive since you need to work your way to the top of a incredibly unforgiving jumping puzzle every time you fail.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I did get this diving googles in my first attempt. Took me only 11 minutes to go from outside in gendarran to the top of the diving googles position. I guess you need to improve a bit, with no offensive intention.

For the jump to land in the water i just watched this 5 seconds before jumping down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNO5Ekd94fU And nailed it.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I think I had 2 - 4 failed attempts before getting it, though that was back when everyone was in there -- it was easy to follow someone, if they seemed to be on-target. That and video/images of successful jumps give a good idea about where the sweet spot on that platform was.

I imagine the worst part of this is how much of the JP you must re-do in order to even get to the goggles again. Best of luck!

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I can sympathize. I ported people up there for almost 2 weeks (until I took a wrong step on the way down) and have seen so many people die and so many ragequit over this jump. It is not very popular. On the other hand, the whole map cheered when one finally got it =/