Agony resistance and the necromancer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Schroedingercat.7065

Schroedingercat.7065

Please look at all necromancer transforms (Lich, Plague, and Death Shroud, the necro class mechanic and Necro minions. None of them have any way of receiving agony resistance.

Death shroud transform takes double damage from Agony and with no Agony resistance, sometimes your entire life force bar can vanish in 4 hits – and minions melt at higher agony levels like snowflakes in the sun. Plague or Lich elite transform also has the same issue.

So the necromancer class’s 3 elites, class mechanic, and 5 out of 20 utility skills are completely invalidated by a progression mechanic you guys put into the game 6 months ago.

Simple fix: No longer take double condition damage in death shroud (why do we even have that in the first place?) And Agony resist carries over into minions and all transforms. Also ranger pets should simply inherit Agony resist.

This probably applies to norn elite transforms, but I cannot verify that personally.

Posted by: Demeron.5423

Demeron.5423

um they wont do that dude even as a Guardian my Immu to all dmg skill to refresh my virtues on my Guardian i still take dmg this is working as intended or u would not need Agnoy Resisnt to fight boss’s so u should proble research this stuff more before you “clamie” its a bug

Schroedingercat.7065

So do you take double damage, or just regular damage, with Agony resist accounted for?

None of these skills are ways for us to avoid taking damage entirely, Lich form and plague just give you separate skill sets.

only death shroud has a different life bar, and that’s the life force bar, and it is drained at double the rate of the normal hp bar (and resistance is ignored).

I never said anything about receiving immunity, perhaps if you had read my post more thoroughly before “claimeing” I don’t know what I am talking about it would be a helpful addition to the discussion.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I second this. It is rather annoying to get hit with agony right after you enter death shroud (with full life force)… and have your life force pool completely drained as if you got hit with a massive attack, regardless of how much AR you have.

It is, however difficult to balance…
If our AR did function properly in death shroud, we could potentially mitigate more agony damage than other players, creating an imbalance.

Schroedingercat.7065

better that they look at it and try to balance it then simply not bothering and leaving it completely nonfunctional for 6 months.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I also request this as my builds are rendered near useless and I so want to do fractals. MM build=destroyed due to minions melting under agony. Power build drastically weakened due to Lich problem. Condition build has no elite usable due to plague form problem with agony as well. My necro wants to join in on the fun, but the three builds I use are severely limited

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Sazgo.9842

Sazgo.9842

Bumping this.
I noticed deathshroud wasnt helping me much in the maw despite having resist but i assumed others were getting wrecked aswell and doing something else to survive seems not..
On a class that is already lacking any defensive utility in favour of higher HP+DS which dont do anything , it would be great if the bug could be fixed. Instead of buffing autoattacks on classes that are already wanted and have a ton of strong utility (mesmer)

Posted by: Archangelus.8671

Archangelus.8671

I definitely have Agony Resistance in Death Shroud. Just finished level 28, and the Agony did not tick down my Life Force bar noticeably faster than usual (30 AR; 1% life lost on ticks). I have no idea where you guys got it in your mind that Agony Resistance wasn’t working in Death Shroud— it would empty in seconds if that were true, and even at level 38 I’m able to stay in Death Shroud to mitigate all Agony damage.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

As Archangelus noted, AR does apply in Death Shroud; it may appear that you’re taking more damage because your Life Force pool in Death Shroud is roughly half of your actual health.

In regards to the concerns about pets and AR, we are working on implementing this in a future update.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

As Archangelus noted, AR does apply in Death Shroud; it may appear that you’re taking more damage because your Life Force pool in Death Shroud is roughly half of your actual health.

In regards to the concerns about pets and AR, we are working on implementing this in a future update.

But on the recent interview with Arenanet employees (state of the game, on March 14th), they said that death shroud is more of a transformation.. so shouldn’t we be taking agony damage based on how much health we have in death shroud, and not how much we have out of death shroud? This is how other transformations work, so why not death shroud? It seems that Arenanet just has random rules for everything in death shroud – it’s one messed up transformation…

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

It seems that Arenanet just has random rules for everything in death shroud – it’s one messed up transformation…

I said several times in the necromancer subforums that DS was released in a beta state.
It is half transformation half downed state and it has the worst things together: 4 skills (instead of 5 of every transformation), no UI to see boons, conditions, your own health….
Even more, we cant be healed while in DS… it’s so chaotic.

~ The light of a new day

Posted by: Sazgo.9842

Sazgo.9842

I definitely have Agony Resistance in Death Shroud. Just finished level 28, and the Agony did not tick down my Life Force bar noticeably faster than usual (30 AR; 1% life lost on ticks). I have no idea where you guys got it in your mind that Agony Resistance wasn’t working in Death Shroud— it would empty in seconds if that were true, and even at level 38 I’m able to stay in Death Shroud to mitigate all Agony damage.

Are you in deathshroud when you get hit by the agony or after.
I went back and did a 10 daily a few days ago. I have the agony resist so that i should only take 1% hp damage a sec. However cliffside end boss during his lowest hp phase i notice if i get hit by agony during deathshroud the whole bar is drained in 2-3 sec.
Afaik the boss ability has no dot damage just an initial damage that take the bar to 75% on the white flash and then you get some agony ticks. It should not be taking my full bar.

If i take agony dot and then transform to absorb it seems to do very low damage to the bar like to my hp outside of DS. But the other way around the bar is drained in few ticks. Maybe there is something here in the way it works, and it is not actually ignoring AR.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Okay, even if AR does apply to death shroud “correctly” If you get hit with agony, then enter death shroud, you are still taking damage based on a percentage of your HP and not your Life force pool. Losing 10% of 26k might not be alot(2,600hp). But take that same damage (the number 2,600) instead of percent away from your death shroud, and BAM, life force instantly gone.