All Crafts on one character, or spread it around?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Q:

Heya.

So, I recently discovered that you can actually have all of the crafts maxed out on one character, with just the slight inconvenience of having to pay some silver to switch back and forth between your professions.

What I’m curious about is if it’s more beneficial to have all of the crafts on one character and just have them be the jack of all trades crafter, or if it makes sense to spread the crafting between alts? Not taking into account the XP gain from it for leveling said alts.

Or, rather, is it a big enough pain having to switch between the different crafting professions while crafting to warrant making alts for the other crafts?

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

Posted by: Alterity.8142

Alterity.8142

I’m of the mind to spread it out. If you’re playing an engineer you have little need for tailoring for example. So you’d have to hop on that char, pay to go back to tailoring, then make the item, then pop back to the other char to get it. So in answer to your question, I’d say just do the crafts on the chars that can use it.

Personally I love the exp rewards of crafting, I’m tempted to max out a craft on more than one char just for the exp, so I don’t have to grind up my levels as much.

Though now you have me tempted. Almost seems worth it to try and max out a char without doing quests, just crafting their way to level 80!

Posted by: Matze.6014

Matze.6014

And not to mention it gets pretty expensive to repeatedly change your prof, I’m up to 5s 30b to change next time lol

Posted by: Illicit.2749

Illicit.2749

I’d recommend limiting yourself to 2 crafts per character… you won’t waste money swapping out to different crafts this way, it gets rather expensive – especially at level 400.

However, if you only want to use one for leveling and don’t plan on using it again after that, you could do so but just swap to a different one at level 0 and it won’t cost you a thing. It only costs money to switch to a craft which you already have experience in.

Illicit – Guardian
Consul of Os Guild
Administrator – shiverpeaks.com

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Ah, alright. Think I’ll just go the alt route, then. I was kind of planning on that already, but I figured I’d check if there was anything beneficial about just having it on one character, since there aren’t many MMOs that allow that.

Thanks!

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30