Almost 60 need help with gear...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hileron.2931

Hileron.2931

I’m about to reach 60 and my gear is slacking behind, I know i can get the cultural armor at 60 and there are other types from other sources of currency, i just needed to know which route i should take to upgrade my gear?

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

i just needed to know which route i should take to upgrade my gear?

At 60 the correct answer is the cheapest one available.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

This. You can go on masterworks until level 80, at which point you can start looking into rares and exotics.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Pinder.5261

Pinder.5261

Check the trading post. A full set of level 60 blues shouldn’t run you more than vendor cost on each item, and that should total only 5-10 silver.

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

crafting your own armor or simply getting karma armor from heart vendors will suffice all the way to 80

Posted by: Hileron.2931

Hileron.2931

crafting your own armor or simply getting karma armor from heart vendors will suffice all the way to 80

I was told not to use my karma until 80 because of how expensive it was that I needed to have enough by reaching 80…

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Just make sure to do your dailies to stock up on karma jugs and it won’t be a problem.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

don’t ruin your time playing the game saying i have to save karma for 80. karma is abundant (daily, monthly with karma boosters, simply doing DE while leveling which you should be anyway, etc) and easy to get, spend it as much as you want where ever you want

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

I was told not to use my karma until 80 because of how expensive it was that I needed to have enough by reaching 80…

If you’ve already decided on what stats you want, these are the stats available on the exotic karma pieces: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats#Karma

These are all the possible stat sets, and where you can find them: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prefix

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Agreed. Save as much of your coin as you can for when you get to level 80. I leveled up my Warrior to 80 using blue armor and green weaps and did just fine. I’m doing the same with my alts.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

It’s best not to spend too much on levelling gear, mainly because you will be outgrowing it so soon. Blues and greens are fine for levelling. My strategy was to buy a set of masterwork (green) armor from the trading post every 15 levels or so. These go for a few silver a piece, but do give a noticeable improvement over blue items and seemed to hit the right balance for me.

Once you get to 80, then it’s worth saving up for your exotic etc either with cash, crafting or karma vendors.

These days I tend to buy a masterwork level 80 set and put superior runes on it first, while I save up to buy the exotic pieces. Then I use a transmutation stone to transfer the superior runes across. Saves on buying a rare (yellow) armor set in the interim which can be a couple of gold in itself.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Karma greens are a really good bet until you hit max level, and you’ll get to see different looks along the way to decide what skins you want to put on your exotics after you get them at 80.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Yenkin.5410

Yenkin.5410

You can do greens for the most part, you can buy them at the TP usually for 2 – 3s if you get one you like cheap you can add a component if your Green does not have one or overwrite the existing one for one that fits your play style, The nicer Mastercraft componets can cost more than your Armour. Do your dailies as you go along int he next 20 levels by completing at the very least regular daily you get 4500 karma. Lvl 80 Exotic in Orr are 42,000 each. If you do your dailes you can get a few pecies when you turn 80 pretty quickly.

Also look for Bargins in Rares, you often can get a cheap bargin under 10s if you look, just have to drop in to the TP maybe once at the beginning of your play and at the end.

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

Buy all you need from Trader all the way up to lvl 80, selling mats and trash gives you enough money to outfit all armour,trinket and weapons as rare.
Save karma as much as possible use only whe you see an item that might look good on you not for stats.