Another Youtuber left the game

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ShaNA.9018

ShaNA.9018

Its sad to see Balouga TV leaving the game.You can watch the reasons why they left :

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Who cares, he was zjitty anyway

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Never heard of him. Also why should I care if someone who puts videos on YouTube has stopped playing?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Never heard of him. Was he tall?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Yea the only things I watch on youtube are music videos, like Rihanna, Pink, Katy Perry. Was he a singer?

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hé was a no skilled wanna-b youtuber thats all.

@ brotherbelial
Exactly

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I guess it’s too late to ask for all his stuff.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Forgive me, but who ?

And why should anyone care ?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Stopped playing Youtube, too much clicking.

ShaNA.9018

The problem is not that he left,why he left….

zenleto.6179

Would it be for any of the thousands of reasons we see on here? Or something new? I’m not going to watch it so I’ll leave it up to the thread.

Just a flesh wound.3589

He could always get on the forum himself and post his reasons for leaving if he wanted to discuss it. I’m not going to listen to a video posted here by someone else, then debate his reasons without him as the OP to discuss or defend his point of view.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Pretty reasonable for a dungeon crawler/ min-maxer type player who plays for efficiency, but ultimately meaningless unless that portion of the playerbase is a majority.

Aside from which dungeon nerfs might even be adjusted on Tuesday. But it’s just one guys opinion, obviously shared by others.

His comments about Guild Wars 1 PvP are factually wrong, since you could buy a PvP starter kit and you could buy packs to unlock skills.

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

TL;DW
Lowbies don’t make gold and trading post suffers
everyone runs elite specs
no new dungeons in the expansion
dungeons are ‘dead’ because of the rewards
F2P was bad for GW2
etc..
Don’t really agree but w/e people come and go

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I mean, look at this vid of him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2pq1JXC2i_M

Look at 50 sec, he uses his elite skill so hé can run away instead of killing the enemy with it… whut? I think thats bizar for someone that plays from the beginning of the game.
His behavior is like a 10 year old + hé claims hes the force of all forces If you look at the vid discription.
Not worthy at all to follow a guy like that in my opinion.

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I don’t get why people would wanna watch people playing games on youtube in the first place….wouldn’t it be a better way to spend your time to actually play the game instead of watching a video of some one else playing the game.

ShaNA.9018

He had a good point that HoT killed Dungeons.In season 2 we have more legends than amber players.It could be more challenging….little something for the hardcore players.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Don’t worry. I’m still in the game.

Wait, who am I again?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

As long as wooden potatoes is still making videos, other youtubers can quit all they want lol.

Just a flesh wound.3589

He had a good point that HoT killed Dungeons.In season 2 we have more legends than amber players.It could be more challenging….little something for the hardcore players.

Some total stranger to me leaves the game. This happens all the time. People leave and new people arrive. Just because this total stranger made a video about it doesn’t mean that others should care. Video makers have no more importance than non video makers and just because his reasons are on a video doesn’t make them more right or more worthy of discussion than any other random person’s opinions.

Again, if he wants to post his reason for leaving to discuss them then he should do so. But second hand posting by someone else of another person’s reasons are not worthy of discussion since he isn’t here to answer our questions or answer points made.

ANet may give it to you.

ShaNA.9018

He made his points in the video…and yes nobody is more worth bcs he makes videos on youtube,but at least he had more than 1k followers….i know its a small number,but that number shows that he was at least entertaining ppl.with GW 2 content

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I don’t get why people would wanna watch people playing games on youtube in the first place….wouldn’t it be a better way to spend your time to actually play the game instead of watching a video of some one else playing the game.

Good question.

Personally, I will watch video guides or a walk-through on zones and puzzles, which I find very, very helpful. Sometimes, when it comes to a new meta build, I’ll watch a video on how to use it effectively, because sometimes watching it in action is better then trying to read a description of how it works and trying to just figure it out.

Since I enjoy levity in life, I’ll also watch a video if it’s funny, like the GW2 dance video, or the K-Train vid, those are win.

But, I don’t see the point in watching someone play, just to watch them play, I don’t get that, and especially if it’s nothing more then a “chest thumping” video, I don’t get the attraction as to why anyone would want to watch that kind of video.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Just a flesh wound.3589

He made his points in the video…and yes nobody is more worth bcs he makes videos on youtube,but at least he had more than 1k followers….i know its a small number,but that number shows that he was at least entertaining ppl.with GW 2 content

And what does that matter, how entertaining he was? That has nothing to do with whether or not his reasons for leaving are better or more accurate than Joe Random.1234 who posts his quit post on the forum.

ANet may give it to you.

ShaNA.9018

Does it matter that Colin Johansson left Anet ? For me no.I continue play the game.Does it matter that players leave the game,no…Does it matter that GW2 is loosing game content creators,,,maybe yes.You get my point ?

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Why did you create this post If no one cares

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Its sad to see Balouga TV leaving the game.You can watch the reasons why they left :

A good indicator of the importance of this is that is likely over half of his whopping 396 views came from this board post.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Does it matter that Colin Johansson left Anet ? For me no.I continue play the game.Does it matter that players leave the game,no…Does it matter that GW2 is loosing game content creators,,,maybe yes.You get my point ?

/shrug

Ok. Joe Random.1234 video blogger (or whatever they style themselves as) with 1000 subscribers has made his quit video and you’ve done your Guild Wars 2 civic duty to post that quit video on the forum. All of us here are variously shocked/bored/entertained, dis/interested, thoughful/thoughtless, listening to the kids in the background scream, or (personally) wondering where the hell did I put my glasses.

This leaves the one final important question still unanswered.

Can I have his stuff?

ANet may give it to you.

ShaNA.9018

Are you loothungry ?

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Its a populair question with posts likes these Xd
Who doesnt want free skins/gold without doing anything for it

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I leave the game everytime I log out.
Then when I want to play again I log back in.

I have not played Guildwars2 for a month or such before to come back after when interesting patches came out.

What I find weird is to leave so publicly a week before a quarterly patch for reasons that may not even apply anymore shortly after.

I dunno. I often pick up games I own after not playing them for a while. This “I leave the game” trend is nothing more than being dramatic and making a scene about something as natural as moodswings.

Especially when there will always be content later. Like in July or June or later whenever the Living Story is supposedly coming back.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

zenleto.6179

Who’s defending the game?

Hoaxintelligence.4628

@ dave

I read words like “defensive” “fanboys” “whats the problem with you” “truth hurts” “living in a fantasy”….
You mad bro?

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

ShaNA.9018

I agree.As a WWW player Im very unhappy with the new borderlands,the small amount of pve I played were the dungeons.Its just sad that players who are doing something good for the game (Advertising) leave.Yeahh the game in this state is just boring,but none other game on the market has WWW mode

Just a flesh wound.3589

i dunno why the hell people are defending this game so bad? okey its just a random youtuber whatevs. but why is everyone sooooo defensive in regards to the game? all his points are so valid. the game went from being good to being awful. theres a reason why many people left. but all these fanboys that get defensive? whats the problem with you? atleast you would admit that “yes game needs a revamp. and fast.” or “yes, he’s right. anet did lots of bad choices in HoT”. instead of that all of you just go and blindly defend the game. whyyyyyy. truth hurts? so gotta keep living in a fantasy? explain it to me.

PS. the guy is skilled. believe it or not. u can clearly tell in video he’s just messing around not really caring.

I see you managed to completely miss the point.

The point is, the OP seems to feel that just because the video maker has a tiny bit of celebrity that this means the video of that guy’s opinions is important enough to post and discuss. If the video maker wants to discuss it then let him come here to discuss it. There’s no point in discussing a video of someone else’s opinions on the game posted by someone besides the video maker because we can’t debate the issues with him and the OP isn’t qualified to speak for him.

ANet may give it to you.

ShaNA.9018

Maybe he dosent post the video here,because he dosent have the patience to discuss.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe he dosent post the video here,because he dosent have the patience to discuss.

What a pity that the maker of videos for entertainment should make a quit video yet not have the patience to discuss his video and the opinions in it. I hope he has fun in his next game (and gets the patience to discuss his publicly aired viewpoints).

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The problem is not that he left,why he left….

People leave all the time to all kinds of different reasons. It’s not really a problem.

ShaNA.9018

I said maybe…or he dosent want to look like a crybaby on this forum.So i took the freedom and posted his video…or your problem is that I posted his video ?

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

but all these fanboys that get defensive? whats the problem with you?

Shouldn’t I be defensive about my choice to play something others deem “terrible”?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

ShaNA.9018

Wow..thanx for finding that mate…“Just a flesh wound”…you can go and discuss there mate..have fun :-)

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

So, nobody cares why he left. I could even that out to give you reasons why I came and stay

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Every one will leave this game screw this hamster wheel for tons of kitten rewards meaningless waste of time and life .Arena only promises and never deliver anything .
I should have quit in 2013 when they screwed every one with Fractured patch since then they continued on this road.

(edited by Tristan.5678)

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Shouldn’t the headline be:
“Youtuber seeks attention, and hits, by loudly quitting a game” ?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I watched the video. My opinion is that I was surprised that he didn’t actually hit on any of the major concerns a lot of people have with the game. Everything he cited were things I’d never really seen many people, if any, complaining about. So overall, his opinions didn’t mean much to me because I couldn’t really see from what he said how these are more pressing problems than all the ones I’ve been hearing and reading about for months now.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wow..thanx for finding that mate…“Just a flesh wound”…you can go and discuss there mate..have fun :-)

Naw. This thread and its opinion that some yahoo with a camera is worth posting about is much more entertaining. But thanks.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

As long as WoodenPotatoes, AuroraPeachy/Guildgab, Bogotter, Teapot/Teatime, and Deroir dont quit im happy

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Good riddance.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

The point about dungeons being dead – does it matter? As far as earning gold is concerned, I must admit I was worried, as speed running them was how I got the cash for all them loathesome lodestones that Bolt needed, not to mention 500 ectos. However, inspite of this last night I decided to continue my thief’s personal story (still in Tyria), get hero points for the Daredevil spec, and see how much gold I could earn in the process. The result was actually spectacular! Not only did I meet a new player, we partied up, wondered around, did hearts, started events, and even tool part in an excellently organized triple trouble. In that time, I made almost 20 gold, and had far, FAR more fun than I ever had smashing through the usual dungeon suspects. Everyone and their mum needs textiles now, pretty much any drop white or above is absolutely worth the salvage. Im actually quite looking forward to doing a bit of world completion on the alt, bravo Arena Net!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Looking forward to the thread about some new player making YouTube videos!