Any hope in being able to change profession?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I decided to make a character of each class… so I have a thief, a warrior and am levelling a mesmer.

However, I now feel I have made a mistake with the mesmer. I am completely bored by the weapon limitations (as a soloer, only S/S, S/P or GS make any sense), and the utility skills seem to be a bit naff. I think instead that I should have persevered with an elementalist.

Are there any hopes of being able to change profession that anyone knows of?

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

No, delete the character and remake one. Remember to take off all your equipments and sell them, store your valuables in bank.

GuzziHero.2467

Cheers for the reply!

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

Also, don’t forget to deposit any money in your bank too.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

If you have not already, I recommend testing the skills of other professions in the mists, since you have access to all your weapons and skills. This works for some people, since you can get a feel of the profession without using up too much time leveling. I did this during beta to decide that guardian was the profession for me.

GuzziHero.2467

Well now I think about it, I think after levelling 2 characters to 80, I may be getting bored of the zones rather than the character.

Didnt know I could deposit money in the bank. Obvious, really.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

If you are not deleting your Mesmer try Staff/ GS.
Mesmer utilities are also some of the best in the game and synergise very well with different builds, at least I have found it so

Gunnar’s Hold

GuzziHero.2467

Solo-ing, I find the staff pretty much useless.

Part of my frustration is that the clones which are supposed to absorb attacks for me, usually do not. Thought that was the point of them, but constantly the enemy ignores them and attacks me anyway, even if I stealth after deploying them.

This means I end up having to use the mesmer as a weak adventurer, closing to melee with s/p.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Bare in mind Memser gets better once you have access to lv40 traits, try it in the mists.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Bare in mind Memser gets better once you have access to lv40 traits, try it in the mists.

This, pretty much. 1-39 with my mesmer was perhaps the slowest leveling stretch (I’ve got 7 lvl80s and a lvl37 ranger) but once you got access to the tier 2 traits it picked up a fair bit and at 60 it became even better. Mesmer is probably the slowest class to level though, you will get frustrated before you hit lvl 40 but just hang in there

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

I strongly suggest getting Decoy early on for 1 skill point. It can get you out of some tough scrapes.

People have a tough time with mesmers until level 40. Because up until that point you don’t have access to your master level traits. Regardless of which skill tree you invest all of them have solid master level traits.

The staff is a superb weapon and works really well with a more defensive playstyle.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Mesmer is awesome. You’ll regret deleting it. If you really need a character slot, I suggest running a few dungeons, getting gold, converting that into gems and buying a character slot. Levelling a character to 80 is a lot more work than farming the gold needed to buy an extra slot.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Mesmer is awesome. You’ll regret deleting it.

I deleted my mesmer, I’ve never feel regret for that. Instead, I created a character with different profession, exact same look, with same personal story-line. Now I’m enjoying playing the character more than whatever I had on the mesmer.

Each to their own, you can’t make people to like certain things when they don’t want to.