Any tips aboug ROG asus laptops?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I’m currently eyeing one of the 15.6" laptops and I wanna know if some have it and your issues if any with it. I’m looking to buy a new laptop to play gw (coz playing gw on a 2009 macbook white is just… horrible. and macs are overpriced in general).

The other alternative would be for me to buy a desktop, but I’m in shanghai atm and idk if I can find a decent-priced one or if they might have the stocks I want.

Anyways, back on topic, is this a good gaming laptop? any issues with it? I’m particularly eyeing this because I saw they have a retail store here in Shanghai so I might check them out after the holidays are over.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Delsaber.1562

Delsaber.1562

Ive heard pretty good things about asus and because they rebrand their own version of nvidia GPUs they use them in their laptops too so their prices are pretty decent.

Depending on your budget/graphic requirements I would go with a 670m graphics card the run gw2 really well.

Lower cards will still run fine but you will have to reduce settings (not worth it imo)

Posted by: MegaBUD.2097

MegaBUD.2097

Im using an MSI GE60 at work (yes i play games all night at work) and I just love it… sure its not extremely powerful but… for the price its kitten good…

If you are looking for more information about laptops i would suggest spending hours and hours on this forum… its the best possible sources of information on laptop: http://forum.notebookreview.com/

The main question is… how much are you ready to invest in one

Edit: hahaha kitten good… Anet have time to mess up with the forum.. they should invest that time in fixing those skill point ingame…

penatbater.4710

um… to be honest I don’t have alot of money on me. I can probably save up some cash and sell a few magic cards to make up for it. I’m looking at the website and I might be able to get the $799 15" (i forgot the model) and add in a 750gb 7200rm hdd. imo at around $850 it’s not so bad for the specs. I just don’t know if it’ll be the same with my other previous laptops where after a year or so, they start to function terribly.

Posted by: MegaBUD.2097

MegaBUD.2097

I just don’t know if it’ll be the same with my other previous laptops where after a year or so, they start to function terribly.

woah… thats scary… you talk like a real mac owner… maybe you shouldnt switch to PC.

penatbater.4710

wait, so that’s the norm for all windows laptops? o.O I kinda find that hard to believe. Maybe I’ve just been buying the wrong laptop/desktop to use (last laptop we had was a lenovo, i forgot the model. pretty old but my macbook is still older i think). But I’m inclined to believe that there are a few notebooks out there that can last just as long as a normal mac would, and still retain good functionality.

Posted by: Delsaber.1562

Delsaber.1562

some of it is just luck of the draw.

My laptop is a five year old ACER which was very cheap. Been amazing although its not great for modern games it will still run gw2.

Ill stick to my PC for gaming tho

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

I have an ASUS laptop as does my wife. They are great! We each have an i7 processor and an nVidia GPU. I have 4GB system RAM and the nVidia 540m 1GB and she has 6GB RAM and the 640m 2GB. The game auto-detects mid level settings for me and higher for her. It looks and runs great!

We also use Targus chillmats (the 2 fan angled ‘lapdesk’ ones) which keep it extra cool. ASUS do a good job with thermal management when gaming.

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.