Any tips for Thief build to best solo Karka?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Given I’m probably going to need to fight them again and my stealth isn’t that great this time around, I’m looking for tips to handle the youngs and maybe vets. Any suggestions?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Probably better to post in the thief subforum.

You’re either going to want to be able to use 4 seconds of evade or reflect. Once their projectile attack is over, they’re very easy. I’m not familiar enough with thief to tell you exactly what to do. If you were mesmer then I could.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Probably better to post in the thief subforum.

You’re either going to want to be able to use 4 seconds of evade or reflect. Once their projectile attack is over, they’re very easy. I’m not familiar enough with thief to tell you exactly what to do. If you were mesmer then I could.

In that case */P
Headshot would make it very easy to interrupt that.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

only thing I can suggest, avoid the tail and that evil range attack.

#ELEtism

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

the young karma special attack has a 700 range. if you use a short bow or pistol to start the fight u can auto attack while it uses its special take no dmg. then charge in andmelee if you wish

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: NibriAyid.3680

NibriAyid.3680

As mentioned, don’t get hit with the projectile reflect and the young Karka just becomes a weak melee enemy (although with a higher HP pool).

The Veteran Young Karka is close to having so much HP you’re better off running away if you want to solo (especially because they’re positioned near other nasties that could aggro). The Veteran (not young) Karka has so much HP you’ll get bored or killed trying to solo it :P If you really have to fight a Veteran Karka, run up on rocks or something so it doesn’t hit you with the rolling attack.

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

As a Thief, just know that Black Powder does nothing to stop a Young Karka’s tail bullets. Blind or not, the mob will still aim properly at you and every shot will hit you (regardless of the theoretical miss that Blind should cause). I think that our Smoke Screen anti-projectile wall stops them, but I can’t remember since I avoid that trash heap of a zone. The duration of the tail bullets is even long enough that you’d be partially hit before or after a Pistol Whip.

Like other have said, range is probably your best bet. Beyond that, you need to dps spike them down and you have to find some way to lock them down. The daze from the combo attack of S/D might be enough to pull this off. It’s something that I’ve thought about for my own future experiments. Otherwise the Young Karka are just a pain. Even with 2k Toughness on my tanky Thief, those bullets shots just tear through me since I lack +Vitality on my gear.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

The small ones: Burst them down as full zerker before they do there attack, otherwise you have enough dodges/dancing daggers to evade all the attacks, I do double Dancing Daggers to evade most attacks

The vets I just ignore with infiltrators arrow/stealth/signet of shadows

Elona is Love, Elona is life.