Anyone having luck linking their GW1 accounts?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: igneous.8153

igneous.8153

I’m curious if anyone has managed to link their GW1 account recently? I’m trying but getting an XML code 48 error it Library/lib-troll.js. I wonder if, in true ArenaNet fashion, that filename bears any significance in this situation?

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

I would recommend that you wait a couple of hours and/or try another browser. I’ve had several issues with the site today with code 48 errors.

This is common when when servers are experiencing high volumes, causing connectivity issues.

If the error persists, I would raise a support ticket.

Good luck!

igneous.8153

OK, weirdness abound:

_Your Guild Wars accounts are linked

Congratulations! You have successfully linked your Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts. In doing so, you now have access to the exciting rewards awaiting you inside the Hall of Monuments. The following Guild Wars 2 account information will now be used to log in to both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2:
E-mail / Account Name: [GW1 account name]_

My GW1 account name (email address) is different from the email address I used to create my GW2 account. Does it mean I should use my old GW1 email to login to GW2?

I tried logging in and out of GW2 account management, and now that message is gone and I am still asked to link accounts…

igneous.8153

Also my account/Display Name got changed to something gibberish like F9F1BF82-197B-4E78-etc.

Posted by: Mantis.2850

Mantis.2850

I was able to link mine without many problems.

Though I did have to download, install, and log into my GW1 account before I got any sort of rewards in GW2. I didn’t play GW1 much, so all I got was 3 “points” which seems to be a default “grace” package for anyone who linked their accounts.