Anyway to get Fanatic Mantle back?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

Q:

Title is self explanatory. I apperantly deleted or sold my Fanatic’s Mantle awhile back and just realized today. Is there anyway to get Fanatic Mantle (guardian biography question armor piece) back?

I’ve tried creating a new Guardian in hopes of being able to transmute it to my main but no luck.

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

I would also appreciate a solution to this. Has anyone further in the game found a way to obtain the biography armor piece again?

I made the bad decision to get rid of my elementalist’s flame eye, but I had no idea that unlike the rest of her starter armor, the biography armor piece was not easily obtainable again.

As Arcturus said, creating a new character does not work, because the new char’s armor piece is soulbound, making it impossible to transmute it for another character.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

if you’re looking just for the skin (i’m assuming), there is an easy way i heard, though i’ve never tried it.

using a new character, get a white piece of gear and then you sould be able to transmutate the Fanatic’s Mantle to it, keep the look of the Fanatic’s Mantle, and the rest don’t really matter. it should then become a white piece of armor afterwards, which is no longer soulbound if i am correct.

then you can leave it in the bank for you to pick up! then transmuate again with your desired stats. : )))) hope this works!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Lady Vireo.5189

Thanks for your reply Akamon!

I think your suggestion is what I tried, but maybe I’m wrong. What I did was grab a new piece of gear (not soulbound to anyone). I logged in with the new character and transmuted her flame eye onto the brand new, un-soulbound item. But the resulting transmuted item was soulbound to the new character.

Is that what you meant? If not and there’s a way to transmute a soulbound item and get a non-soulbound item in return, please let me know.

Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

akamon.2769

no probs, Lady Vireo. : ))

yea, i’ve only read that somewhere. i was sentimental enough to keep my starting gear! so i got lucky. i’ve read that people have been able to do this, the method you just described, so unless ANet has recently changed that, it should work.

when i get home tonight, i’ll check to see if my frantic’s mantle is still soulbound (i’ve transmutated it to another piece of gear to maintain the skin before as well).

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: melkathi.5203

melkathi.5203

Well tried transmuting a starter piece onto a crafted green and the resulting piece turned out soulbound.

akamon.2769

arighty, home and checked.. my starting gear is still soulbound. tried transmutating to another white item and it’s the same. : (((

guess no luck then. sorry folk. read somewhere that this was possible.. hopefully someone else can shed some light!

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

When you transfer the new char’s thing onto the white item, it will still say it’s soulbound but if you put it in the bank, another char will be able to take it and transmute it/wear it.

Posted by: melkathi.5203

melkathi.5203

When you transfer the new char’s thing onto the white item, it will still say it’s soulbound but if you put it in the bank, another char will be able to take it and transmute it/wear it.

Ah ok, so in effect I can make it account bound from soulbound. That’s nice.
Thanks for explaining!

Lady Vireo.5189

Ah!! It worked!! Thank you SO much everyone. Just like you said, despite the “soulbound” label, the item worked like it was actually account bound. I took it out of the bank and transmuted it onto my high-stat headgear!

You guys rock.

The only issue I’m having now is that the new transmuted item is…um…invisible. I have it equipped and checked to display, but…I can’t see it. Not in the hero panel and not on my character. I think thus must be a separate issue, clipping with my hair maybe?? I’m not sure, I’ll try to figure it out. Did anyone else have this problem with the starter flame eye for elementalists?

Edit: Nevermind about the dissappearing ele headpiece bug, it is an issue with all transmuted “eyes” regardless of whether they are your original headgear or a new one. I found the thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Flame-Eye-of-Life-gem-transmuted-and-gone/first#post258469

(edited by Lady Vireo.5189)

akamon.2769

ah glad it worked! hopefully you get the dissappearing headpiece fixed soon too.
never actually tried having my “Soulbound” transmutated item to be picked up by another toon. that’s good to know! lol, guess i shoulda finished all steps and never assume ; ))))

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Lady Vireo.5189

Same here akamon, I saw the soulbound label and just didn’t keep trying after that. Now I’ll know to double-check when I run into something like this again!

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

The item will actually specify guys. It will say Soulbound on Acquire if it’s strictly soulbound the minute you receive it. (usually from instance/dungeon completion).
Otherwise it’s soulbound once it’s actually “Tried on”.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I just tried this last night and it didn’t work. I tried getting the engineer eyepiece onto my other engineer that chose the backpack. The only thing I didn’t do yet is actually take it from the bank and try to transmute it.
Can this be done on only the piece that character had chosen?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Lady Vireo.5189

Hi skullmount I haven’t experimented with anything other than the item the character actually chose, but in theory it should work for anything, including your goggles. Sorry if I misunderstood, but did you transmute the item before you put it in the bank for your older character to take out and use?

Here’s a step-by-step explanation of what to do, in case our earlier posts were confusing:
1) Create a new character and choose the armor piece you want during character creation.
2) Get through tutorial, etc with the new character and run him/her to the nearest bank.
3) Grab the two items you need: a transmutation stone and a new, clean piece of armor that is not soulbound. This should be the same type of armor piece obviously (i.e. a helm if you are transmuting the goggles, shoulder armor if you are transmuting a guardian’s pauldrons).
4) Transmute the new biography armor piece onto the clean armor piece.
5) The resulting transmuted item will be labeled as “soulbound” but it isn’t actually. Put it in your bank.
6) Sign in as your other character. Go to the bank and remove the transmuted item. You should have no problems removing it from the bank even though it says it’s soulbound.
7) Equip your new item with the biography skin, and you’re done!

If this is exactly what you tried and it didn’t work, let us know. Maybe we can figure it out.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I got the item on my other character. It was that last step is where I was messing up. I was trying to transmute the item a second time, which it won’t let you do.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

@Lady Vireo
Thank you so much, that worked! I’m so glad, I thought I couldn’t get my biography item again.

. . . now if only they would fix the bug making the Elementalist’s starter gem invisible when you transmute it. xD

Lady Vireo.5189

Great, I’m so glad the instructions helped and it worked!

Agreed, Passiflora I’m looking forward to a bug fix for that so I can see my flame eye again. Sigh!

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

but this means you first have to level up your character to level 11 as this is the lowest level requirement for a shoulder piece out there(if you want the guardian shoulders). You can transmute fanatic’s mantle to a non soulbound shoulder if the shoulder piece is higher level.

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

Go to the trading post and you can buy whatever you want! no need to level up anything!