Applying superior runes

Applying superior runes

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DeathWound.8976

DeathWound.8976

Hello,
I just bought six superior runes of grenth and (thought) I applied 3 of them to my headgear. When I hover over the headpiece, it only shows 1/6 in blue, yet sure enough, 3 of them are gone from my inventory. What gives? Thanks, in advance.

Applying superior runes

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

you can only apply one rune per armor piece. That is why you get a warning message that the current upgrade will be destroyed, so you wasted two superior runes.

The message 1/6, 2/6,3/6 goes up when you apply the same rune to different armorpieces you are wearing.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Applying superior runes

DeathWound.8976

Okay, so if I wanted 6/6 Superior Runes of Grenth on my character, I’d have to apply one to each piece of armor?
thanks for the help.

Applying superior runes

DeathWound.8976

Huh, you are correct. I thought I could have a headpiece with grenth, a coat with (insert superior here) and gloves, etc… with different ones… Well, that’s news. thanks!

Applying superior runes

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Indeed.

Just keep in mind for the full 6/6 effect all the time, you need 7 runes, this cause when udnerwater your head piece is replaced by your breathing apparatus. So it is a good plan to put on on there two

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Applying superior runes

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Huh, you are correct. I thought I could have a headpiece with grenth, a coat with (insert superior here) and gloves, etc… with different ones… Well, that’s news. thanks!

You can put different runes on each piece of armor but you would only receive the bonus on the number you have. Depending on your build, you may not want the 6 rune bonuses For example, for condition duration you can use 2 runes of lyssa and 4 runes of lich for +20% condition duration.

(edited by kokocabana.8153)