Are Legendaries Account bound or Soulbound?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I’m working towards making a legendary I was just hoping it would be account bound (as in I can use it on all my alts whenever I use them) or are they soulbound (as in only the character I make it on can use it)?

I would really like it to be account bound seeing as how hard/expensive it is to make one.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

afaik (preview in game) it is soulbound on use. So after making it you can give it to other characters and even sell it, but as soon as you have equipped it it is soulbound.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Aww that’s a shame Would be nice to be able to use it on other characters.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Cutsforhugs.9730

Cutsforhugs.9730

It would be too OP.

If life gives you lemons, make a combustible lemon that will BURN PEOPLE’S HOUSE DOWN!

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

It would be too OP.

How is a visual effect more “OP”?

The work involved in making a single Legendary is definitely way more than getting 5 (a single weapon slot for each of the base character slots) weapons any other way.

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

Yeah it really should be account bound but of course with the usual level 80 restriction. Its more than just weapon its a huge achievement. And the way it is now it’s just a massive disincentive to ever roll a new main.

Posted by: Cutsforhugs.9730

Cutsforhugs.9730

Oh, the visual. I thought he was talking about the weapon in general, nevermind then.

And achievements was meant to be for a single character. Otherwise they lose their point. Your character achieved this, not your other characters.

Personally, at least I don’t see anything wrong in having to farm THE VERY LAST AND STRONGEST ITEM IN THE GAME more than once.

If life gives you lemons, make a combustible lemon that will BURN PEOPLE’S HOUSE DOWN!