Are Studded Helm/Shoulders available or not?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Zork.2517

Zork.2517

I want to unlock Studded Helm and Studded Shoulders in my skin wardrobe, but can’t find them in game.

I wrote support and they told me that they are available as a Level 14 and Level 21-22 personal story reward, respectively. Support told me they were removed from PVE with the 9/9/2014 update. This info is also in the GW2 wiki.

Well, I already knew this so I played two different medium armor wearing characters (human ranger and thief) through those personal story points just to unlock the skins, but still did not have the option to select them as a reward.

Is there something special I need to be doing to be offered these items? Do I need to be a certain race? A certain class (thief/ranger/engineer)? A certain level? Select a specific option during the story line? Select a certain option during character creation?

Thanks for any insight – this is very frustrating for a dedicated skin collector.

EDIT:
By the way, I replied to support with the info above and will update this thread when I hear back from them.

UPDATE:
The GW2 support team emailed me the items after they realized their original reply was in error. The items are currently not available at all in game – and the devs are aware of the situation and working on it. The items they emailed me are soulbound and they unlocked just fine in the wardrobe.

(edited by Zork.2517)

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Glad they’re working on it, few very nice skins we currently can’t obtain. ^^

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Dug into my data collection. As of 10/23, those pieces are still unavailable. But it now seems you knew that.

So they SENT YOU copies of the missing armor pieces? This is an odd turn of events!