Are armor skins one time use?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shining KoW.4683

Shining KoW.4683

I just bought an armor skin for 500 gems and I applied it to my current armor. How ever I just found a better pair of boots, am I able to transfer my armor skin to these new boots? I’m not sure how the armor sets work.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Just transfer the appearance from your old boots, to your new boots with a transmutation stone. Your old boots retain the armor skin that you bought, so you just need to keep transferring it from piece to piece if you want to keep it.

Yeah personally, I think it sucks that you have to do it that way. You paid money for those armor skins, yet they are a one time use if you don’t keep using stone after stone on them to keep the appearance. They should of been permanent items in your inventory that you can keep using over and over since you paid real money for it.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Shining KoW.4683

So I have to spent even more money to buy more gems to buy transmutation stones so I can keep my armor set. Is that what you are telling me?

Posted by: Monstrosity.7035

Monstrosity.7035

You can buy gems with gold, transmute stones drop alot for personal story and completing maps 100%. I have like 50 at lvl 40.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

So I have to spent even more money to buy more gems to buy transmutation stones so I can keep my armor set. Is that what you are telling me?

If you want to spend money on transmutation stones, then sure. That is one way to do it.

But you also get Transmutation Stones from completing maps as well (especially cities as they reward nothing but transmutation stones). Also achievement completions give transmutation stones too. You also get them from your personal story.

Now this is just for the level 1-79 stones. As for 80 stones, they aren’t as easy to obtain, which is ridiculous in my opinion. I don’t even see a reason to have different level stones, much less make level 80 ones harder to obtain in the first place. It’s simple customization. I hate strict limits on something as basic as customization. Especially when you have already paid money for it.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Kaden.3162

Kaden.3162

transmutation stones are easily aquired in game by exploration. i currently have over 50 without using gems to buy them.
the price of gems using in game currency is also really cheap, cheaper then spending real money which im not wild about but there it is.
so using transmutation stones to keep changing the look i think is more then fine, the gems you use to buy that gear is still cheaper then most of the gear in this game.

Shining KoW.4683

Ahh okay I just bought some Gems with my ingame money. Only problem, I can’t transmutate between a regular item and a fine item…

UPDATE – Just figured it out by checking out the wiki. THANKS EVERYONE.

(edited by Shining KoW.4683)

Posted by: jjloraine.9258

jjloraine.9258

Wow, the skin isn’t just something you can toggle on/off like dyes? I thought that was how it worked and was going to buy one – reading this thread, I have changed my mind. Bummed.

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

Yeah, this is a bit of a pain – although the transmutation stones do mean you can move the skin between armour pieces as you go along. It would have been better value if the purchase gave access to a vendor similar to the chap in the Hall of Monuments so that you could go back and get new skins as and when you needed them, but there we are.