Area Level and Exp.

Area Level and Exp.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shylark.4951

Shylark.4951

Q:

This may have been brought up before. But I didn’t search it because these forums are massive in posts… My Question is this??? My level 62 player can go in a level 9 area and get 60+ exp a kill plus most time gets explorer Bonus for 60-130 exp per kill.. Now my level 17 player can run in the same area but only get 13-16 exp a kill… Events I do with the level 62 in the low level areas… I get 3000-5000+ exp .. The level 17 gets around 500 exp….. This just seems odd to me that player stats level down but exp doesn’t seem to drop to match up…
Thanks

Life is just a Big Role Playing Adventure…

Area Level and Exp.

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

A:

It’s because the total experience you need to level, as a level 62, is greater than what she needs as a level 17. What looks like a difference in numerical value would probably be the same if you instead made it a percentage of how much XP you need to reach your next level (eg with made up numbers the experience she’s getting would be 0.5% of the amount needed to reach level 18 where the experience you are getting would be .5% of what you need to reach level 63).

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Area Level and Exp.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

This may have been brought up before. But I didn’t search it because these forums are massive in posts… My Question is this??? My level 62 player can go in a level 9 area and get 60+ exp a kill plus most time gets explorer Bonus for 60-130 exp per kill.. Now my level 17 player can run in the same area but only get 13-16 exp a kill… Events I do with the level 62 in the low level areas… I get 3000-5000+ exp .. The level 17 gets around 500 exp….. This just seems odd to me that player stats level down but exp doesn’t seem to drop to match up…
Thanks

The idea of GW2 PvE is to play how you want, and play with friends without level restriction gettin in the way.

You should be able to get to lvl80 without ever leaving the lvl1-15 zones.
The whole reason why you level up is to explore higher level zones and enjoy higher level content and discover new things that the world provides you. There is no reason to rush to lvl80. The level scaling is to help bring players and friends together to enjoy the game with without one shotting everything and ruining the experience of fun for others. If you get less to no exp at lower level zones then it would prevent you from playing with friends who are lower level than you which is a bad sign in an Online game…

I hope this answers your question =)

Area Level and Exp.

Shylark.4951

Thanks

The idea of GW2 PvE is to play how you want, and play with friends without level restriction gettin in the way.

You should be able to get to lvl80 without ever leaving the lvl1-15 zones.
The whole reason why you level up is to explore higher level zones and enjoy higher level content and discover new things that the world provides you. There is no reason to rush to lvl80. The level scaling is to help bring players and friends together to enjoy the game with without one shotting everything and ruining the experience of fun for others. If you get less to no exp at lower level zones then it would prevent you from playing with friends who are lower level than you which is a bad sign in an Online game…

I hope this answers your question =)

I understand about making it so different level players can play together… But I was trying to figure out why even though my level is scaled down why my level 62 player get more Exp then my girl friends level 17 player… LoL just seem strange to me I get 4-6 times more exp…
But thanks

Area Level and Exp.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Both DreamyAbaddon and Jackaljag are right.

Like in most games the amount of XP you need to level up increases with each level, but unlike most games Anet wanted you to be able to level up anywhere at or below your level.

If events and enemies gave a fixed amount of XP that wouldn’t work. You’d either have low level characters gaining multiple levels by killing 1 enemy or (more likely) high level characters in low level zones taking forever to make any progress.

So instead the XP scales to your level. Same way you can get level-appropriate weapon and armor drops from enemies far below your level.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Area Level and Exp.

Shylark.4951

Thanks every one that answered make it a bit more Clear today…

Area Level and Exp.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Thanks every one that answered make it a bit more Clear today…

Hurray!