Armor skins question - do I unlock the skin only for one of each piece?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Looking at some of the gemstore armor skins, I have found one I particularly like. Problem is, I change my armor every 3-5 levels or so.

If I buy a skin, will I be able to apply it to each future armour piece I purchase, or is it a use-once-only kinda deal?

Posted by: SparkStormrider.4512

SparkStormrider.4512

As long as you have transmuting stones (or whatever they are called) then you can continue to put that graphic on newer items.

I got a greatsword when I was around lvl 22, and I’m lvl 44 now and I still use the same graphic, and I have probably transmuted about 4 or 5 times now.

In war the worst thing you could do is die for your country, make the other jerk die for his!

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Great! Thanks.

I was panicking that I’d buy it, and once I’d used it once it was unusable.

Posted by: Libalaw.5218

Libalaw.5218

Just remember there are different transmutation stones for level 80 gear, so if you like the design for a level 5 peice of equipment but need the stats from a level 80 item, you’ll need the silver looking transmutation item and not the gold 1-79 one.

Xirilic – Defenders of Heroism (Hero)
Leadership is the capacity to transform vision into reality.

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Using a <80 transmute stone, I thought both original items disappear and a single item with the combined stats / model appear?

Meaning he would have to buy a new set of armour with the model that he likes and use up 6 transmute stones each time he changes his armour.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!