Armour Dyes

Armour Dyes

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: The Rogue.1328

The Rogue.1328

I have an ele and I want to get the right dyes for her so she looks good in her armour, but I’m not sure what dyes to use. I am going for a mainly white with gold trims look, and maybe a red as a secondary colour, but I don’t know what dyes to get. I also don’t want them to be too expensive really, because I don’t want to spend too much on them.

I am the official recruiter for Badgers Against Dragons, So PM me if you want a place
Check out our recruitment thread here
And our website here

Armour Dyes

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Armour Dyes

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

To get the decent dyes you’re going to have to spend some gold.

As far as finding the right ones go I just filter the TP to all the dyes and preview them until I find what I want.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Armour Dyes

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

For white a good cheap alternate is mostly Blue Ice. For Gold try Antique Gold first that you should have as starter color i think.

This is for example my necro using Blue Ice. The other color i’m not sure at the moment .. i think it was lemon ice or banana .. at least also something cheap

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Armour Dyes

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I would drop the gold on white or celestial. Come Tuesday it will be unlocked on all characters for you. It’s a good investment now. Or you could try icing as an alt color. But nothing is gonna look white except white and or celestial. As for the gold hue, now that also depends light gold hue pure gold. I have a white and gold elementalist in order of whispers gear. I used white gold and celestial.

Armour Dyes

Beldin.5498

I have White on some of my chars, and in Shiverpeaks it also looks a little blue, not very different to Blue Ice.

In the end its a question how much money you are able or willing to spend. The posting sounded a little as if its you first character, so i thought you maybe don’t have that much money

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Armour Dyes

Posted by: The Rogue.1328

The Rogue.1328

I think I’m going to go with celestial, nectar and white gold, do you think it would look good? Is there a website I can go to to preview the dyes?

I am the official recruiter for Badgers Against Dragons, So PM me if you want a place
Check out our recruitment thread here
And our website here

Armour Dyes

Beldin.5498

You can preview them ingame, just search for the colors in the TP. Problem is that colors ingame in most cases look totally different since they change with the lighting of the actual area.

Also the color preview will be enhanced with the feature update at 15th march.