Ascalon Tears for Legendary

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: MatiDiez.1537

MatiDiez.1537

Hello everyone, I’m crafting sunrise and I need the Gift of Ascalon. Apperantly the only way to obtain it is with 500 Ascalonian tears.

I only have 79 so i understand that I can get them by either doing the dungeon or playing the PVP reward track.

Considering that nobody does the dungeons anymore, and that I have to play tons and tons of PVP matches to complete the full track 2 times to get enough.

Is there another way to obtain them? Like events on ascalon or something? Thanks

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

There is only the 2 ways. Dungeons atm really hurt I’m sorry to say the fast farming them is over. If you focus on doing the daily pvp stuff and using the potions from the rewards, you can spend 10-15 minute a day and use arenas dedicated to farming the dailies, its really not that bad. it will take a bit, but if you stack on doing p1,2,3 every day then it will speed up a bit.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

If you have a guild it could still be worth doing the dungeon, or at least paths 1+3 which are super easy. Even using LFG for a group while you run around and do dailies or whatever would probably get you a group in a reasonable amount of time

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There is no other way to obtain them.

In my experience however it’s not really true that nobody does the dungeons any more. A lot fewer people do them, but the vast majority of those who gave up are speedrunners looking to do quick runs purely for the gold reward (which makes sense given that’s what changed).

It’s still entirely possible to get a group for a dungeon, you just may not be able to insist on only playing with level 80’s in beserker gear who already know the path by heart.

(However even when finding a group is easy I found running the same dungeon over and over quite boring, so my approach was to space it out: doing the odd run now and again, mainly on weekends when more people are online, while working on other parts of the legendary in between.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I recommend opening the dungeon LFG anytime you remember to do so. You’ll find groups often enough, and you only need to do like 8 runs or something.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Doing both will get you the fastest results.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’d like to piggy-back on the OP’s post, and ask if the Ascalonian dungeon is at all soloable? I know some dungeons can be (difficult though it might be), but my general searches for this specific dungeon have come up scant at best.

I ask this because I am primarily a solo PvEer… and have an aversion to most PvP. If I can find ways to get what I want solo, even if it takes a lot longer, it is my preferred method.

If I must do group or PvP, then I must do group or PvP… but I wouldn’t mind definitively knowing either way.

Thanks, and sorry to the OP for piggy-backing on your thread…

~EW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Ephermeral, there are definitely enough PUGs to get you 500 tears quickly. Maybe even in a few hours if you’re lucky. I see them all the time (on NA).

That said, yes they are soloable, but considering you likely weren’t a dungeon runner back in the day it probably would be a miserable experience for you. You need to learn all the mechanics perfectly, and in that time you could have pugged 10000 tokens.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Ephermeral, there are definitely enough PUGs to get you 500 tears quickly. Maybe even in a few hours if you’re lucky. I see them all the time (on NA).

That said, yes they are soloable, but considering you likely weren’t a dungeon runner back in the day it probably would be a miserable experience for you. You need to learn all the mechanics perfectly, and in that time you could have pugged 10000 tokens.

Thanks Fluffball, I appreciate that info

No, I wasn’t a dungeon runner back in the day. Back in the day I kept putting off dungeons in favor of exploring every nook-and-cranny in PvE Tyria… and when I wasn’t doing that I was constantly experimenting with different builds; something I still find vastly engaging even now. But, more and more lately I want to craft Foefire’s Power… and maybe even one day Mjolnir.

Anyways, thanks again for the input!

~EW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can get about 200 a day. The best time is within 3 hours of the daily reset. Unlike before, you’ll more often get people that have no experience with the paths so it will take longer to complete paths.