Ascalon explorer 176/177?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rolando.9437

Rolando.9437

Hi all.

I am going crazy with this, only one area but everything seems cleared. I did my research before posting, in the wiki and here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Bluestone/Explorer

Curiosly, it has listed only 176 areas in ascalon and I had verified each one. Can somebody help??

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It might be that new guild puzzle location … is it in SW Diessa? I’m not sure … but there is a guild puzzle that counts as a white area and perhaps didn’t get on the wiki. You have to not only get the waypoint for the puzzle but push far in amongst the ghosts iirc.

No guarantees I’m right on this, sorry

Rolando.9437

Humm… It seems you are right “Langmar State”, so I need a guild to discover it??
If that is the case I am Kitten.

Thanks for your answer!

Rolando.9437

As it happens, it is possible to discover the area, you just need to approach the door.
Im happy now.

Posted by: Zmo.2480

Zmo.2480

Been there, done that, still 176/177 -.-

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Well, unlocking areas is not required for this achievement as long as you discovered all vistas, POI, waypoints, skill challenges and hearts. I’d suggest you go over the list the OP linked, print it maybe and tick the locations off one by one.

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

The only way to find out which area/location you’re missing is to use this site http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Bluestone/Explorer and then go slowly trought the list while looking at the in-game map at the same time (alt+tab-ing).

For example: Am I missing an area in Ascalon? Let’s see. Let’s start with Plains of Ashford.
Facula Castrum – I have it on the map. Devourer’s Mouth. Check. Tela Range. Check. Lake Feritas. Wait. How did I miss this one? :O

It can get tedious checking all the locations, but you get the gist.

As for Been There Done That, you needn’t unlock all the areas, just all the Vistas, Waypoints, PoIs and hearts. Basically have all of the maps that count toward the map exploration completed to 100% (including WvW).

Zmo.2480

Been there done that was pun, I ment i’ve been through the list, and in Langmar estate. I used the list to to finish up Shiverpeak mountains, even thou it show’d me missing 3 points and i had to collect 4 to get explorer from there. Only zone explorer achi i’m missing is that 1 point from Ascalon. The list shows 176/176, thou it doesn’t list Langmar, so i guess i’ll just go throu the list again.

btw alt+tab can be replaced with overwolf’s overlay browser, much easier ^^

Arctinus.7824

Been there done that was pun, I ment i’ve been through the list, and in Langmar estate. I used the list to to finish up Shiverpeak mountains, even thou it show’d me missing 3 points and i had to collect 4 to get explorer from there. Only zone explorer achi i’m missing is that 1 point from Ascalon. The list shows 176/176, thou it doesn’t list Langmar, so i guess i’ll just go throu the list again.

btw alt+tab can be replaced with overwolf’s overlay browser, much easier ^^

Ah, didn’t get the pun. ^^’ That happens sometimes, since I’m not a native speaker, but I guess that shouldn’t be an excuse. :P

Thanks for the tip. And I wish I could help, but I don’t remember what the last thing was that I was missing in Ascalon. :/

EDIT: I checked your post again and indeed one does not have to be a native speaker to get it. Again, I keep embarrassing myself. xD

(edited by Arctinus.7824)

Zmo.2480

I’m not native speaker myself either =D
But anyhow, i finally found the missing spot, guess i had skipped one place on the list when i did it last time. Shame on me. And for resurrecting this already past thread.

On another note, all the area explorer achies done, now to camp those wvw zones to get the last vistas/poi’s to get that Been there, Done that

Arctinus.7824

I’m not native speaker myself either =D
But anyhow, i finally found the missing spot, guess i had skipped one place on the list when i did it last time. Shame on me. And for resurrecting this already past thread.

On another note, all the area explorer achies done, now to camp those wvw zones to get the last vistas/poi’s to get that Been there, Done that

Congrats! And didn’t even notice it’s an old thread. Usually I just assume the ones popping up at the top are new. :P

Good luck! It took me a month or so, maybe a month and a half, to get the last map in WvW I needed. But I finally did. ^^ So it’s not impossible as some people believe it to be, though it is a bit annoying sometimes. :P

Zmo.2480

2 poi 2 vista in Piken Square BL, 3 poi 2 vista in EB and i’m 100% :/

Arctinus.7824

I checked WvW maps every once in a while to see if we’re holding anything I need. I also had a friend I play with, so sometimes we even ’’sneaked’’ our way around the enemy’s territory. But the last thing I needed was the Dreaming Bay in BL, which I thought would take quite a while since no one seemed to bother with it. But I got lucky after checking the map every few mins (yeah, being so close to 100%, I thought why the kitten not, let’s just check the maps a bit, maybe, just maybe I’ll get lucky enough) and I got lucky because someone took over Dreaming Bay just as I checked again. :P

So, I believe you’ll eventually get those 5 PoIs and 4 vistas. ^^ And if those aren’t in the enemy’s forts/strongholds but outside, yet still in their territory, maybe you could ask someone to accompany you there. You know, two pairs of eyes is better than one and all that while sneaking around. Plus the extra protection. :P

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

Well, unlocking areas is not required for this achievement as long as you discovered all vistas, POI, waypoints, skill challenges and hearts. I’d suggest you go over the list the OP linked, print it maybe and tick the locations off one by one.

The explorer achievements are based on named areas and not the POIs, etc., so if this is what the OP is talking about it would be necessary to go there.