The Ascended accessories; for purchase, I want to get are:
115 precision x2 = 230
74 power x2 = 148
74 ferocity x2 = 148

Which will mean:
230 – 198 = 36 additional Precision.
148 – 136 = 10 additional Power
148 – 136 = 10 additional Ferocity
For a cost! of 100 Ecto: (app) 35 GP. I would have to buy the majority of them, 68 or more…so I went with total purchase price – cause if it is worth buying all of them, it is worth spending what I have. SO….

Is it worth it? Should I “bit the bullet” and jump up to Ascended Accessories?

Ascended Accessories

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Have you looked at the living story for acquiring them? Raids? Bandit crests? Achievement rewards? Collection rewards?

I have 9 characters with full ascended jewelry, not because I ever play most of them, but just because there are a bunch of ways of getting the equipment.

Ascended Accessories

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is it worth it? Should I “bit the bullet” and jump up to Ascended Accessories?

Generally, if you have to ask, the answer is “no, not worth it.” If you are doing content for which the extra stats are “noteworthy,” then sure, take the time to get them (via collections, achievements, or purchase). If you aren’t, then you can play the game just fine in exotics.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Ascended Accessories

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

The world boss trains can generate plenty of rares for salvaging, but there are faster ways in HoT.

Ascended Accessories

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

The stat set you mention is Assassin’s, which are not available at the normal laurel vendor. So the costings you are using isn’t applicable.

The only methods of getting ascended Assassin’s trinkets are completing the relevant dungeon collections (accessories only – in this case Arah and CM), raid trinkets, or via the various LS3 currency vendors (Blood ruby, petrified wood or snowberries). The legendary backpieces can also get Assassin’s.

The same applies to Magi, Carrion and Sentinel stat sets.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Ascended Accessories

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Also accessories are meant to be bought with guild commendations. That is the cheap option.

Ascended Accessories

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Yes, I would not even take you into my group if you linked exotic accessiories. Ofc there are a few exceptions – such as needing to slot exotics with runes/stones, as that might be deemed acceptable by meta standards. Otherwise tho, generally should try to have majority of accessories (if not all) highlighted in pink. If not then you’re just being lazy imo

Iirc the last time it was still the same – accessories give u more benefit statwise than armor. As well, that’s not to mention how easy they are to acquire. Fractal drops aside, there are many currency options for them aside from laurels. They are also much less of a dent in ur coffers as making other ascended gear would be. For example, each ascended piece of armor costs at least the 35g u mentioned to craft. So price shouldn’t be issue here

To put it more bluntly, ascended accessories and weps are generally a must have for others to consider u a competent and dependable player in the high-end stuff. You could even run exotic armor mayb for some content they wouldn’t mind overmuch. A combo with ascended armor and exo everything else however, would generally be frowned upon by most players

Arun Kar

Ascended Accessories

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes, I would not even take you into my group if you linked exotic accessiories.

What content are you doing that the difference between exotics and ascended matters? Raids and T3-4 fractals? Sure. But dungeons? T1 Fracts (and even many T2)? PvE meta?

Of course, it’s your group, so it’s entirely up to you. I’d rather have players who know their profs, regardless of whether they are too cheap to get ascended.

Ascended Accessories

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yes, I would not even take you into my group if you linked exotic accessiories.

What content are you doing that the difference between exotics and ascended matters? Raids and T3-4 fractals? Sure. But dungeons? T1 Fracts (and even many T2)? PvE meta?

Of course, it’s your group, so it’s entirely up to you. I’d rather have players who know their profs, regardless of whether they are too cheap to get ascended.

Even in raids it’s debatable if Full Ascended trinkets are “needed” Exptics work fine iff the player understands their class.

Ascended Accessories

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’m quite sure ascended anything isn’t need for any part of the game other than agony resist, but nagr does have a good point that trinkets are so cheap it’s like “do I trust someone that ‘lazy’?”

On the other hand I would never ask someone to ping their gear these days other than for very high end PvE stuff.

At the end of the day, what else are you going to work towards? A fancy skin? Might as well acquire something useful.

Ascended Accessories

Illconceived Was Na.9781

nagr does have a good point that trinkets are so cheap it’s like “do I trust someone that ‘lazy’?”

Upon reflection, I have to agree. Accessories are a mere 12 commendations each and rings are 35 laurels (or 25 with a stack of WvW badges); amulets are only 30 laurels.