Ascended Accessory

Ascended Accessory

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Camp Axing Fink.7503

Camp Axing Fink.7503

I bought at last the second accessory but it seems i can’t equip them both at the same time, both of them are Durmands Pen (with a defensive slot)
what is the problem? why can’t i equip both pens?

Ascended Accessory

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

They are unique, you can only wear one at the same time..
You should have bought one with offensive and one with defensive, you can wear those at the same time (since different)..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Ascended Accessory

Camp Axing Fink.7503

wow that’s really messed up, i play the game since it came out but never saw anywhere that you can wear only one unique at a time, well thanx anyways ill go back to farming guild missions again >>

Ascended Accessory

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Well, the definition of “unique” actually shows that something can only exist once (so not at all being equipped twice).
You can of course keep that second ascended accessory for one of your alts.. :-)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Ascended Accessory

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

wow that’s really messed up, i play the game since it came out but never saw anywhere that you can wear only one unique at a time, well thanx anyways ill go back to farming guild missions again >>

lol, isnt it obvious that you can only have one unique item on? Thats why they are called Unique

For the same stats, buy a offensive and a defensive ring. Btw, check if the other ring isnt soulbound so you can use it on other toons

Ascended Accessory

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

If it make you feel any better, you are not the first player this has happened to.

Ascended Accessory

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Which way should I go for infusion slots? Get defensive for the second accessories and the rest offensive or the other way around?

Ascended Accessory

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

With the current in-game ascended gear, here’s what I’d suggest:

Backpiece: offensive infusion (but it doesn’t really matter)
Amulet: utility infusion
Ring 1: offensive infusion
Ring 2: defensive infusion
Accessory 1: offensive infusion
Accessory 2: defensive infusion

As for what you put in the infusion slots, gold find is a popular one for the utility slot, and the general +5 AR infusion is good for the offensive and defensive slots if you run lots of fractals. If you don’t run fractals, then don’t bother with AR. The +5 attribute infusions just aren’t worth it.

Ascended Accessory

Posted by: foxtrot.6902

foxtrot.6902

I just did the same thing as OP :/

I double clicked it trying to equip, so both are soul bound now. I had never even noticed the whole “Unique” thing so never thought twice about it.

Anyone have any suggestions what to do with this other ring I can’t wear now?

-Anyone had luck with refund on laurals by contacting tech support? lol
-Salvage kit?
-I noticed you can put it into the mystic forge but didn’t click ok

Ascended Accessory

Camp Axing Fink.7503

you surely cant salvage it and to get a “refund” will be awesome for the wasted time and power spent into getting this accessory and im not sure what happens in mystic forge with ascended but worth a shot i think, anyways thanx for the help ill try to get another 12 commendations for this crap, again, if anyone finds that contacting tech support for a “refund” or exchange works PM me asap, Have a nice day !

Ascended Accessory

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

If you do fractals, you can infuse the ring in the mystic forge. You can then wear one normal ring and one infused ring (since they count as separate items), or infuse it and give it to an alt. To infuse a ring, you need the ring + 5 vials of condensed mist essence + 3 globs of coagulated mist essence + 1 shard of crystallized mist essence.

Accessories currently can’t be infused, so if you buy a duplicate accessory you’re kinda stuck.

Ascended Accessory

foxtrot.6902

ooo awesome thanks DEKeyztoChaos

So, if I have x2 Vassar’s Bands (rings) I could infuse one and be able to wear both? So this entire thing wont be a complete waste? I’ve done some fractals but looks like I’ll need to do a bit more lol.

Thanks for the heads up!

Ascended Accessory

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

ooo awesome thanks DEKeyztoChaos

So, if I have x2 Vassar’s Bands (rings) I could infuse one and be able to wear both? So this entire thing wont be a complete waste? I’ve done some fractals but looks like I’ll need to do a bit more lol.

Thanks for the heads up!

Correct. But vials are a random drop at any fractal reward level, globs at reward level 10+, and shards at reward level 20+. That means you’ll be doing a lot of fractals – and potentially get rings and pristine relics to purchase even more rings.

Ascended Accessory

foxtrot.6902

D: does it only work w/infusions pertaining/from the fractals itself?

Just tried real quick using a wvw defensive infusion (5vit) and can still only equip one ring even though the other Vassar’s Band doesn’t have an infusion. Or does the other ring need a separate defensive infusion ie (5 toughness)?

Ascended Accessory

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

D: does it only work w/infusions pertaining/from the fractals itself?

Just tried real quick using a wvw defensive infusion (5vit) and can still only equip one ring even though the other Vassar’s Band doesn’t have an infusion. Or does the other ring need a separate defensive infusion ie (5 toughness)?

They don’t mean using a different infusion. The rings can be thrown into the mystic forge to be infused with an extra +5 AR. This would make it a different item than the regular ring with the same type of infusion slot.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infused