Ascended equipment question.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lunar Solstice.2738

Lunar Solstice.2738

(Tried asking something very much like this in the ele forum, but got no response. I think the upcoming changes have people a bit… high-strung?)

So! Recently got back into the game, and to gearing out my, yes, Elementalist! And, well, saw Ascended equipment—that’s new, and while I wept briefly for my 400 levels of JC, I quickly got to looking at stats.

Just by the numbers, it looks like the “Celestial” category items (with the even stat spread) are better in almost all circumstances. Even if there’s a stat you just absolutely don’t care about, it seems like everyone would benefit from more of it than not.

Is this, well… accurate? Or do certain classes/builds benefit from full glass cannon setups more than the diversity offered by the Celestial versions?

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

Really, it’s a personal thing, and it all depends on who you ask. The Celestial category is quite nice, and most of the time I’d say go for it. Especially if you ever want to change your build, it will always work.

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Elementalists are in that gray area where the celestial type is not really detrimental to use since attunement swapping utilizes essentially all stats. If you’re constantly swapping builds, go for celestial since it will always remain relevant. If you’re comfortable in a glass cannon, tankish, or support role, it would be much better to get the type that specifically boosts the relevant stats.

For example, if you’re specced fully into condition damage the +crit damage, precision, and power are effectively going to waste since you would get a better damage output by adding a higher condition damage bonus instead. But as stated before, if you choose to swap builds completely into lets say a berserker glass-cannon build, that ascended trinket will be completely useless instead of just sub-par (still useful) as the Celestial one would be.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Just keep in mind not to buy two same ascended rings (or whatever). They cannot both be equipped on the same character (unless you infuse one??).
It will save you a lot of trouble if you remember that and do not have to contact support and so on. ^^

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Just keep in mind not to buy two same ascended rings (or whatever). They cannot both be equipped on the same character (unless you infuse one??).
It will save you a lot of trouble if you remember that and do not have to contact support and so on. ^^

This needs to be posted in bold flashing text. With neon signs depicting arrows pointed at it while fireworks are constantly exploding in an effort to get your attention.

For gods sake people! Read the unique tag!

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

If you stick around long enough, you will eventually end up with multiple ascended trinkets. I think Celestial is a good idea if you like to swap builds often and don’t have much time to play, but in the event that you’re playing actively, it’s a better idea to acquire multiple trinket sets since they boost a build’s key stats more.

Why I say long enough is because ascended trinkets (especially the amulets and accessories) are time gated.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

it’s not an issue of reading the unique text, it’s knowing that anything could even be unique. nothing else in the game is “limit 1 per customer”, so no one knows to look for it.