Asura Engie Vs Guardian (New Alt)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BlueCynder.5941

BlueCynder.5941

I already have a level 80 warrior and thief and ele/necro/ranger/mesmer doesn’t really appeal to me right now. Playtime is pretty much split between WvW and PvE.
Both classes really look interesting, so I need other opinions on how they do in both game settings.
;)

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Engineers are tougher to play solo with than Guardians, of course, but they really quite versatile and interesting. Guardian is still king for boon generation in a group but an Engineer can change to a very useful support loadout pretty easily. Engineer can also be traited for some tremendous range with grenades (and boy is underwater combat nice with those) and IMO those do give it an edge in some WvW settings as well (especially during siege situations).

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I play both but my Guardian is still at mid 40s, so I certainly haven’t felt his full potential yet. I find the Engineer more satisfying and fun to play, but I’m a loner type player at heart anyway. Guardian is certainly more geared to “social” type playing as it can provide so many benefits to nearby players.

One thing to note, if you are looking at the Engineer with eyes on turret based play, be aware that nearly all the Turret skills are in some manner or another bugged (and have been for quite a while). I was never big on Turrets (sans Healing Turret), so it has never effected my play-style (I’m a Bomb Kit / Elixir Gun / Flamethrower guy)…but be aware that Turrets are NOT a very viable option for Engineer at the moment (you can use them, but they are kitten).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances