Attempting to Transfer to TC

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shadownox.5968

Shadownox.5968

Q:

Hey all! I’ve recently come back to Guild Wars 2. I am currently on the server Sanctum of Rall, but my guild, Ember Solace, is based in Tarnished Coast. I would very much like to do WvW with them, but TC seems to be perpetually full. I’ve stayed up pretty late over the last couple of days checking approximately every 30 minutes, but no such luck seeing an opening so far. Does anyone have any tips/know when the server tends to open up?

Thanks for your help!

Nox

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I hate to say you missed the boat but…

Prior to about three days ago, I hadn’t seen TC full in months. Blackgate is pretty much the only perpetually full realm, and even they had just Very High status for a while.

All I can suggest is that we have a huge NA primetime (particularly later/pacific). I dunno the mechanics of determining realm population, but I always assumed it was accounts per realm and had nothing to do with the number online at a given time.

Good luck!

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I’m not sure why you would want to transfer TO that server, my experience with the guys from TC ever since megaserver rolled around has been like 90% furry ERPers.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Population listings do go up and down, so it can’t be related to total accounts per server, since it wouldn’t ever decrease if that was the case.

If you try transferring somewhere in SEA/OCX time, you should be able to find a period of time where the server is only listed as Very High or even just High. I glanced at the world list during SEA time last week and saw it listed as Very High.

It may take some time to find it when it’s not listed as Full, though. Just being on at those times doesn’t mean it’ll definitely change; it doesn’t seem particularly accurate, though if a ton of people log out at once, you can get people transferred in, so dunno quite how it works. Just keep checking in at odd hours and you should eventually be able to transfer.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Just keep trying. There will be a window at some point. Right now, after the sale and the new storyline a lot of people who don’t play regularly are among us. Some of them will take another break soon.

Welcome to the Toast!

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

I’m not sure why you would want to transfer TO that server, my experience with the guys from TC ever since megaserver rolled around has been like 90% furry ERPers.

Well, yeah, if you go looking for furry ERPers so you can have anecdotal “statistics” for the forums (while at the same time being secretly titillated), then 90% of the people you meet will be furry ERPers.

(edited by Eroiqua.5891)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve been on TC since beta and I think I’ve spotted one, maybe two furry ERPers in all that time. Whereas I’ve seen hundreds if not thousands of moments of people doing crime investigations, IC adventuring in dungeons and world events, socializing in taverns, reeling with shock from LA, having costume contests and zone explorations, etc etc etc.

OP, I hope you can get in. I hear from a guildie that TC just hit T1 in WvW (we tend to bounce between bottom of T1 and top of T2) and that promoted a big influx. Most of whom don’t RP and go out of their way to insult those who do (hurray for Block and Report!).