Aurora acquisition

Aurora acquisition

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

On the surface, it looks like I would need to do some level of PvP to obtain Aurora, but with what seems like so many people talking about it in map chat on the LW3 maps (and maybe it’s just a few people, and they talk a lot), but it got me wondering if there was some way I wasn’t aware of to obtain the PvP portions in maybe not such a brute force way? Like sorta PvPing?

As an equivalent, you have to WvW to get a Gift of Battle, but you don’t really have to WvW, as you can get one in 3-4 weeks doing a few dailies each day there (at least I’ve found), and the activities are largely PvE, though I get ganked from time to time, and get swept up in some few-v-few skirmish battles.

Not meant as a ‘why do I have to’ post nor discussion, just a straight up ‘is there any way to do it other than straight up PvP’ question. Thanks.

Aurora acquisition

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

There’s no need to set foot in PvP – shards of glory are tradeable.

Aurora acquisition

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

There’s no need to set foot in PvP – shards of glory are tradeable.

oh really? wow, guess I should get started then! I had no idea. Thanks!

Aurora acquisition

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Other than the gift of battle, I don’t think you really need to enter sPvP or WvW for anything else. What you described is probably the least PvP way to complete that reward track with minimal effort. Another way is to maintain your reward track participation by doing only PvE objectives like camps, yaks, and sentries.